rllmuk
Hubertus Bigend

Curb Your Enthusiasm

I kind of gave up on this after the Brian Cranston episode, it was the only good episode and after that I just thought 'That was the peak of the season wasn't it?' and gave up. I should go back, sounds like the 2nd half of the season is better.

On 04/12/2017 at 11:55, Capwn said:

I kind of gave up on this after the Brian Cranston episode, it was the only good episode and after that I just thought 'That was the peak of the season wasn't it?' and gave up. I should go back, sounds like the 2nd half of the season is better.

Yeah, it was really great from episode 6 onwards. ‘The Accidental Text on Purpose’ is one of the best episodes of Curb full stop.

• Upvote 3

Is it back? Do Sky show it in the U.K.? I’ve got Now TV for a few months, it would be great if it appeared while my cheap subscription lasted. 

It's on Sky on the 28th. It'll be on the new Sky Comedy channel, launching on the 27th. Should be on Now TV straight away.

Ah yeah, Sky Comedy. Caught an advert for it the other day, saw Comedy and presumed Comedy Central. 

It was very good. Not the best episode, and followed the tried and tested Curb formula very obviously, but there have been much worse season openers.

Predictions:

Spoiler

The incident with the girl at Jeff and Susie’s didn’t really go anywhere - so I guess this could become the focus of the season? In addition to Larry opening his own coffee shop.

Yeah, it seems there's going to be a whole #MeToo thread running through the season that will deal with the idea of Larry being 'cancelled' and whatnot.

Jeff Garlin's a good sport isn't he? "That monster" drew a proper belly laugh from me.  

The baseball cap was brilliant, and the Weinstein stuff was inspired. A great start to the new series.

Opening with a Larry/Leon scene was a very promising sign as well.

This week's was a solid mid-tier Curb episode. Those conversations between Larry and Jeff where they both play off each other's anger work very well. But good heavens, Ted Danson suddenly looks older than Larry.

The highlight was

Suzie hosting a dinner party with the huge painting behind her, like a terrifying mafia Don.