rllmuk
Thread Owner

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Another really strong episode, even with no Leon. Would have loved a whole season of Larry living with Eddie :lol:

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bleeders said:

I concur. Also, 

Hide contents

Krazee-Eyez. “He my Caucasian!”. :lol:

Oh yes! The interview montage was hilarious.

Last one was great, and I'm enjoying this season more than I remember enjoying the previous season, but at the same time it was pretty much a transplant of the final Seinfeld episode, which LD would certainly have been aware of. Can't help wondering if that means something.

There was also a scene in an earlier episode that struck me as close enough to a Seinfeld scene that you would remark on it (well beyond the standard connection). But, of course, I've forgotten the details.

Larry's now comfortably at the Tommy Cooper level of not really having to do anything to get a laugh. Just the shot of Funkhouser's girlfriend pouring out the ketchup had me laughing, and he wasn't even on screen at the time. He doesn't even have to be there! There's no real need for a tenth season, if Larry can simply go abstract.

• Upvote 1

"The women love it... downside is I gotta keep fucking my wife." I laughed way harder than I should have at what is basically a working men's club joke from the 70s. :lol:

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Straps said:

"The women love it... downside is I gotta keep fucking my wife." I laughed way harder than I should have at what is basically a working men's club joke from the 70s. :lol:

Yeah, great one that :lol:

Had some good laughs in this latest episode. It was a bit long though. The second half of this season has been great.

Great finale. A couple of missteps in the first half of the season, but the second half was right up with the best Curb has to offer ^_^ 

I kind of gave up on this after the Brian Cranston episode, it was the only good episode and after that I just thought 'That was the peak of the season wasn't it?' and gave up. I should go back, sounds like the 2nd half of the season is better.

On 04/12/2017 at 11:55, Capwn said:

I kind of gave up on this after the Brian Cranston episode, it was the only good episode and after that I just thought 'That was the peak of the season wasn't it?' and gave up. I should go back, sounds like the 2nd half of the season is better.

Yeah, it was really great from episode 6 onwards. ‘The Accidental Text on Purpose’ is one of the best episodes of Curb full stop.

• Upvote 3

Is it back? Do Sky show it in the U.K.? I’ve got Now TV for a few months, it would be great if it appeared while my cheap subscription lasted. 

It's on Sky on the 28th. It'll be on the new Sky Comedy channel, launching on the 27th. Should be on Now TV straight away.

Ah yeah, Sky Comedy. Caught an advert for it the other day, saw Comedy and presumed Comedy Central.