Channel 4's New Friday Night Lineup

CarloOos

Meet the Magoons - I liked it. Pretty funny and well acted, although a tad too much needless Teachers-esque swearing sometimes.

Max and Paddy - I don't like Peter Kay, hated Phoenix Nights, wasn't keen on the first seris and I'm not keen on this. I do find the way he says 'How dare you' funny though.

Balls of Steel - I really liked it, both stupid and stupidly extreme, but very entertaining. The onyl show tonight that had me properly laugh out loud. The mock gameshow with the faulty buzzers was inspired, the bits involving celebrities less so. If you didn't like 18 Stones of Idiot I can't imagine this winning you over.

Bromwell High - Pretty shit. Very shit, actually.

Not too bad, Meet the Magoons and Balls of Steel have potential I think. Anyone else been watching?

Saw Balls of Steel and Bromwell High.

Balls of Steel was really good but will probably depend on how ingenious the stuff is and that hopefully they haven't just shoved all their best ones into the first show.

Bromwell High was ok, but not amazing.

Missed all but Balls Of Steel (but had taped Meet the Magoons), but I've got to add - two people genuinely enjoyed Balls Of Steel? Apart from the last five minutes of hot BotY action, It was quite honestly the worst programme I've seen this year, and possibly any other year. And I'd sat through two entire episodes of The Friday Night Project.

I mean, fucking HELL. It made The Eleven o'Clock Show look intelligent.

I purposely missed Balls of Steel.

One, because I have better things to do than watch that shit. And two, because I saw from the advert that Alex Zane was on it. And I want Alex Zane dead. I want him dead, and his mum, his dad and all his family.

Unfair? Don't talk shit.

I purposely missed Balls of Steel.

One, because I have better things to do than watch that shit. And two, because I saw from the advert that Alex Zane was on it. And I want Alex Zane dead. I want him dead, and his mum, his dad and all his family.

Unfair? Don't talk shit.

I was unaware of Alex Zane before watching that show. Having watched it, I now agree with you.

Next week on Balls Of Steel: The Devil Bloke punches a cripple in the face and runs away.

[edit] Oh, and interviewing people with dildos instead of microphones wasn't even funny when Tom Green did it FIVE YEARS AGO.

Meet the Magoons: Wank. I sat throughtout the whole of it stoney-faced whilst my dad laughed his little head off. Don't think I'll bother again.

Max and Paddy: Didn't watch. Can't stand Peter Kay.

Balls of Steel: Watched part of it. Squealed lots during the nail through the hand thing, that was fun. I rather like Alex Zane *yum* so I guess it was nice to see him.

Bromwell High: It was....interesting. Kinda funny in places; liked the geography teacher.

All in all.......fairly poor Friday night viewing.....but what do you expect?

Why can't we do good adult cartoons?

I recently nabbed a torrent of 'Aagh! It's The Mr Hell Show!' from Mininova. I'd remembered this as being a really rather decent UK/Canada co-production, featuring the legendary Bob Monkhouse as the voice of Mr Hell. Alas, two episodes in, it was actually a load of old wank, Bob notwithstanding.

So, I'd say the best (i.e. only good) UK-made adult animated show would have to be Hellz Kitchen, a series of five minute, Log-scripted animated shorts that used to crop up on Bravo now and then, and which not very many people have seen. Apart from that, it's all been a load of old mess, like Monkey Sodding Dust.

No, hang on, I Am Not An Animal was quite good, wasn't it?

No, hang on, I Am Not An Animal was quite good, wasn't it?

It was okay-ish. I think. Not as good as it should have been, seeing as it was from lots of good people.

I'm going to write a UK Family Guy inspired cartoon! I'll just fill it with references to that Kia-Ora advert, and when Judy Finnigan's tits ploppped out.

The only part of Balls of Steel I saw was the stuntman thing (and it was a complete accident). I thought that was a fantastic part, don't know about the rest.

And I turned off when I saw a mere preview of that animation. No shitty flash animations deserve television time! Fuck!

Meet The Magoons: Not very good. When they sing in the car it's quite funny and the dad out of the Kumars is good, but other than that it's pretty flat.

Max And Paddy: I didn't see this the first time around, and now I'm glad I didn't.

Balls Of Steel: Pure unmitigated shit. All the kind of wacky hidden camera stuff had been done before and far, far, better.

Bromwell High: I liked this actually. Maybe it was because it reminded me of my own high school (also an inner city London comprehensive) that it clicked with my, I don't know. I'm shocked to say that I actually really liked Gina Yashere's character, she clearly doesn't write it and I don't have to see her face, so it makes up for it I guess.