Consolevania 2.2

Silent Runner

Even better than the last episode, this was a blast all the way through. The tighter editing has definitely improved the pace, it makes the comedy sketches much more memorable.

A brilliant episode and genuinely funny, no complaints or crits from me. Great work CV team.

This is the first episode I've actually enjoyed, though I still think your choice of music is pretty shit in places.

I don't think you're going to get much higher praise than that, I fucking hated the other ones.

You don't really mean that about the music, do you, Wrestlemania? I reckon the music's one of the best things about Consolevania.

The choice of reviews is spot on, especially the so bad they're funny ones like 7 sins and Overblood. The inherent juvenile humour to be had in some games is something that isn't brought up nearly often enough for my liking. That boy bumming the rock at the start of Zelda:OOT is still it's highlight for me.

It looks like Prince of Persia, minus the fluid movement and attractive design.

Ah, but I'm a sucker for the original series and Jungle-style ruins. As much as I loved PoP the whole washed out, desert temple setting doesn't really do it for me, I'm liking the lush jungle setting of this a lot more.

Anyway if the platforming is half as good as PoP's then it's bound to be a worthwhile game, even better if they have good combat in it.

No one gives a fuck.

What?

You don't really mean that about the music, do you, Wrestlemania? I reckon the music's one of the best things about Consolevania.

Totally. Some of it feels really out of place and added for the sake of having a certain song played, like Evil during the impression bit, it just didn't fit.

It's a minor criticism though, I actually thought the rest was a really big improvement. Not having that Kenny guy is a good move, it's better to focus on just having a couple of main presenters to keep things simple. Well, that and he was rubbish.

The comedy bits were a lot tighter and felt more relative to the show, before they seemed to go on for a bit long or just felt pointless. That bit at the end of the last episode with the clown guy whose name I've forgotten was really, really terrible. Less of that is definitely a good thing.

It's annoying that these improvements are some of the things that myself and others have suggested in the past, then been shot down for. Funny that when they eventually do it people are saying it's the best episode. Man, they really ought to hire me and Rin as official critics, they'll be on TV in no time.

More Hitler please.

I remember the days when people called for the exact opposite. Hitler has definitely come a long way since the earlier cv's.

Jeff Minter was fantastic.

I'm looking forward to the high quality download so I can see what was being typed during the guild wars review.

I remember the days when people called for the exact opposite.

They were right. Overusing a character is always a mistake and it's better to use them sparingly but with good purpose.

It's the Papa Lazarou effect. Funny in one episode, quoted by a million retards, then shoehorned into the following series and film and totally ruining the character.

What?

Well, I certainly dont care about your insults against something that is actually genuinely good. And im pretty sure no one else does.

Seriously though, think of something better to have a go at than the music. You could try sending a few letters of to any film within which theres a song you dont like, maybe that would fulfill you? Anything that plays Waits gets all the points in my book.

Well, I certainly dont care about your insults against something that is actually genuinely good. And im pretty sure no one else does.

Seriously though, think of something better to have a go at than the music. You could try sending a few letters of to any film within which theres a song you dont like, maybe that would fulfill you? Anything that plays Waits gets all the points in my book.

It's called criticism. Are you a retard?

It's called criticism. Are you a retard?

Oh ignore him and he'll go away. Your opinions are pretty close to my own, it must be said, though I did enjoy the earlier episodes quite a bit. They weren't anywhere near as good as this though - they've absolutely nailed their formula, I reckon.

Still needs to work on the music though - Furious 5 cutting to Snoop is just wrong.

The thirty minute running time and sparing use of characters made the show fly by, and I was disappointed to see it end. Along those lines, I hope you don't try shoehorn in all the others for fleeting appearances in later espisodes, as the content more than supports the show without the need to reel out the catchprases and so on.

Best episode so far!