So I Went On Another Server Last Night

toonfool

Last night, while the friendly match was on, I went and found a random server with a fair amount of people and a nice ping. They were playing on Office so it seemed like a nice enough place to go, and sure enough it was alright. There were a few people there being cocks, and people trying to instigate votekicks, votebans, votemaps and whatever else they could inflict on the rest of us. Generally though, people were just playing and having fun.

One bloke on our team kept being the last man standing, which was a little annoying because he would then walk around the entire map, silently hunting the enemy. Bore-fest! Eventually a proper vote for the map came round and I voted de_Dust2, along with the majority of us! Go Dust2!

I never really noticed much, but I was doing rather well. Thinking tactically about how I'd be able to take down more of the CT's, then going on to do it. I still died most rounds, but not before giving the opposition a right headache. Ed asked me to check the scores and I saw that I was only one point behind the leader, I had 16 kills and 6 deaths. This is AMAZING for me! I also noticed that the leader was the bore-fest from the previous round, who was getting his points by creeping round with an AWP. I'd gotten all my kills with a Nightingale pistol. \o/

After we both crept over the 20 kill mark I started to drop off the pace but I still felt a bit of an edge over him when he'd do things like camp at spawn with an AWP when he had the bomb. I was the only member of the team who was talking and helped direct everyone to rushes and stuff. Yes, I am a little bitter about his score.

Then I accidentally TK'd someone, it was completely my fault. He was dead cool about it though. The next round I TK'd someone else, I was in a firefight with a CT and managed to pull off a lovely headshot just as this bozo ran in the way. The fucker burned me. Justice is rarely served appropriately when served by the victims.

Then later on I came home to the Rllmuk server, and got well and truly Pwned! Still, it's a great training ground.

And that story was in aid of...??? :D

His ego? Lol jks Toonfool, WP, just goes to show that the rllmuk server is the deep end of public, you play much better when you go onto random public. I think I've got 46-16 on a public office 24/7 server in 30 minutes, rllmuk has definitely prepared me for all those other public servers. RAWR.

His ego?  Lol jks Toonfool, WP, just goes to show that the rllmuk server is the deep end of public, you play much better when you go onto random public.  I think I've got 46-16 on a public office 24/7 server in 30 minutes, rllmuk has definitely prepared me for all those other public servers. RAWR.

Which is why I get sad when I play with my old clan and get a pretty average to crap score.

I had a really good game on a PCZ server last night. The "no sniper rifles" rule on those servers is a dream come true.

For you...

That's like having a war, and saying. Umm not guns please. You're only allowed to fist the opposition in the face.

*ROLLSEYES*

Nice story toony. It's easy to get disheartened on the rllmuk server, but when I remember the quality of the regulars there, I feel a bit better. I think the victim punishment system is a good idea, although they'll always be dickheads abusing it. 95% of the time I forgive people who kill me, because there isn't usually any malice aforethought.

Imagine an AWP that could fire nukes? I think Onion's head would explode.

:P

lol i mean it would have to be pretty slim nuke to slide down that barrell. I can see a loony toons cartoon now. a big fat 1m wide nuke coming out of a sniper rifle barrell, and the poor unsuspected victim getting burnt to a crisp. then saying something along the lines of "MUTHER" as daffy would do

:(