Sign in to follow this  
Graham S retired

Are You Buying The 360 On Launch?

The big games are going to have proper servers this time though, rather than relying on P2P connections.

However, most of us are getting broadband speed increases for free over the next year or so anyway My upload is trebling!!

Thank god for that!

Is mine getting bigger I wonder? :wacko:

What happened to that Alan Wake game? That looked really impressive from the E3 trailer, both graphically and plot wise. It seemed to be something looking a bit more original.

Was it ever set as a release title, or are we going to be waiting till 2006?

What happened to that Alan Wake game? That looked really impressive from the E3 trailer, both graphically and plot wise. It seemed to be something looking a bit more original.

Was it ever set as a release title, or are we going to be waiting till 2006?

It was never a launch title. March 2006 is the earliest date mentioned, though I've heard that it could take till at least July. Looks very impressive.

Yep, ordered mine at Game today. he said I was the 16th person to pre order from there. He also said that it is going to be very limited supplies, but I though he may say that.

Don't matter now, got mine ordered, I'm happy, roll on November, I'm looking forward to it.

It's ranked number 1 now on Amazon and the Core System is number 3. This is going to be a big seller I think.

I'm either gonna get one on launch or for Christmas. Probably launch if I have the money - I don't think I'd be able to wait any longer ;)

It's ranked number 1 now on Amazon and the Core System is number 3. This is going to be a big seller I think.

I'm either gonna get one on launch or for Christmas. Probably launch if I have the money - I don't think I'd be able to wait any longer ;)

Wise. As stock will be limited, there may well not be any left to buy at Xmas.

As long as there's something decent to pick up with it i'll be getting one at launch. The £280 version too.

My current xbox is on the way out anyway.

I'm getting increasingly sold on the Core System pack.

I don't desprately need any of the stuff in the £280 pack, and by the time I want it it'll probably be cheaper (or even if it isn't, I'll be spreading the cost).

It's a lot of 'if's, but a Core System + Perfect Dark + (3rd party) memory card bundle at £250ish doesn't seem completely implausible to me. Ok, it's not a must-buy price like the Gamecube launch was, but now that Zelda's delayed it's looking pretty tempting to have a nice shiny new console to play on at Christmas.

(3rd party) memory card bundle

There will not be any 3rd party memory cards. All peripherals are security locked to work with the Xbox360, allegedly, and Microsoft aren't giving out licences for third party wireless controllers, harddrives or memory cards.

There will not be any 3rd party memory cards. All peripherals are security locked to work with the Xbox360, allegedly, and Microsoft aren't giving out licences for third party wireless controllers, harddrives or memory cards.

.::: Meet the Chinese.

Surely that's illegal?

I've preordered mine. I'm as excited as I was when I bought a Dreamcast. Which is not much. Like, just as with the Dreamcast, I've not chosen the two best games, I've bought the two games that I'm least likely not to bother playing (Quake IV and DoA 4, FYI).

But weirdly that fills me with optimism, because the Dreamcast turned from something I bought for the sake of it into the best ever console ever. Ever.

So yeah, bring it on. I think it's going to be amazing. I just won't realise it till I've owned it for a year.

I find it strange people moaning about the lack of decent launch titles. For a start PGR3 is almost guarenteed to be brilliant, and then there's stuff like Elder Scrolls, DOA4 and (in theory) PD0!

Remember the PS2 launch? A rubbish Ridge Racer, and a Tekken that next to Soul Calibur was stupid. Stop moaning! :(

I find it strange people moaning about the lack of decent launch titles. For a start PGR3 is almost guarenteed to be brilliant, and then there's stuff like Elder Scrolls, DOA4 and (in theory) PD0!

Remember the PS2 launch? A rubbish Ridge Racer, and a Tekken that next to Soul Calibur was stupid. Stop moaning!  :(

Elder Scrolls is out for launch? AMAZING! Well, I'm pretty glad I pre-ordered now.

I find it strange people moaning about the lack of decent launch titles.

Different tastes and all that, y'know? I just don't find what I've seen of the launch line-up so far appealing in the slightest. Although that may change once I see some Ridge 6 footage.

Remember the PS2 launch? A rubbish Ridge Racer, and a Tekken that next to Soul Calibur was stupid. Stop moaning!  :(

NTSC RRV was great, but yes - the PS2 launch was pretty shitty. I remember people complaining back then too, so why can't they complain about the 360's if the games don't appeal to them?

Not at launch, no. I wouldnt want the cheaper version without the HD, and after a couple of games, the price will top 300GBP, too much for me. And besides, console launches are usually followed by a drought with poor games while we wait for something worthwhile.