Old Dear's Menu

What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?™

I've been checking out Bones after getting there song Pretty Waste stuck in my head from playing too much of The Crew 2. Decided to see what else hey have out there, and like this one rather a lot. Has a Nine Inch Nails vibe to it according to my old ears :)

Lovely weather so chillin around the Albert Dock with a glass of ice cold lemonade puffin a sly fatty. Thanks to Spotify and the gorgeous weather I'm reliving a very short part of my musical history. The Acid Jazz months lol. 

Here comes the Brand New Heavies. God 'elp me!

Just had a mix up of tunes whilst I did my morning run. This came on and gave me a nice blast of energy. Would fuckin love to be in a big warehouse somewhere tonight off my tits like the old days with this shaking the foundations.

Delia Derbyshire and Orbital. Brilliant.

She's 60 today, so the entirety of Kate Bush's Hounds of Love.

Still jaw-droppingly brilliant.  33 years old and still sounds like it could have come out yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Sun, beach and beer and now It's almost 8pm and I'm still getting drunk listening to my records. I have important meetings tomorrow ffs. 

Anyway, Bochum Welt again

Is this Richard's best tune? Quite possibly but he's written so many. Anyway it's at the top of my list right now.

Underworld have brought out an EP called Teatime Dub Encounters (are they still called EPs) Its a collaboration with Iggy Pop and it's excellent. I've got 'Get Your Shirt' currently on repeat in the car, it's one of those tunes that just makes me want to drive much too quickly, so I hope I get sick of it soon. Needs to be loud for full effect, which is why I think a car is probs my favourite environment for appreciating music.