IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Gotters said:

why does Gunner get capitalised on one occasion but not the other

is it a weird thing in English where only in specific syntax it only gets capitalised in the present tense, and lower in the past tense?

Or definite articles like between 

he was a god

he IS god

?

• 2 weeks later...

If that is true there are no real excuses for a poor start there, though if we do make a bad one then it'll be very hard to play catch up with that run of fixtures in GW9-15

Never heard of him, a game I always like to play with our signings is to look them up on transfermarket (I know it's not authoritative) and compare the fee we are meant to have agreed to their valuation on the site - in this case its £35m against a value on there of £22.5m.

We'll never outdo Pepe though, we were about £40m over the accepted wisdom on that one IIRC.

I remember Dani Ceballos on loan from Real Madrid had arsenal fans swooning in his first game, or second game, and everyone was excited about his time on the ball, his elegance, his vision, although i only know this because i don't watch arsenal and motd featured him...then he disappeared. No...played 40 times for Arsenal in 20/21. Then went back to Madrid where he played half that.

8 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

I remember Dani Ceballos on loan from Real Madrid had arsenal fans swooning in his first game, or second game, and everyone was excited about his time on the ball, his elegance, his vision, although i only know this because i don't watch arsenal and motd featured him...then he disappeared. No...played 40 times for Arsenal in 20/21. Then went back to Madrid where he played half that.

.. do you have a point you wish to make caller ?

45 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

Vieira vs. Vieira day one of the new season. We're gonna lose tho. 

The Vicks Vapo Rub Trophy

12 hours ago, Waggo said:

You clearly just want to buy the Brazil team.

Still we are gonna snap your hands off is price is anywhere close to £60 million.

Apparently you want 75million 🤯

This is a decent piece from Smarter Scout on Raphina, they think he's a punt at that price as you're banking on his performance level elevating over what the raw stats show at Leeds, who had trouble converting his good work into goals. 

https://smarterscout.com/articles/raphinha-arsenal-leeds-premier-league-brazil-nicolas-pepe-bukayo-saka-gabriel-martinelli-pierre-emerick-aubameyang

I think it was them who laughed at the Pepe fee when we paid it.

I still think Arsenal are getting played, we're a handy wedged up stalking horse to tempt out the real bidders.

Not sure about Jesus, I'll keep saying it but 50 goals from 70xG at City tells a lot about how clinical he is. Plus he had that horrible world cup when Brazil was looking to him to perform. 

At 25 you have a decent idea about how good a player is, but I guess some do improve and nobody will have seen more of Jesus than Arteta, other than the  bloke who has paid a fortune to sign better and is willing to let him go.

Probably a better punt than the higher fees being quoted for Tammy Abraham and there just aren't that many strikers around. At least we are getting business done early for pre season and not in the last minute once the season started. 

I think £45m for a forward approaching peak-years, Prem proven and a decent record is a great deal. Arteta also knows him personally from his time at City.

Of course, no guarantees and it'll be interesting to see how we primarily use him (presumably as main striker), but just having a mobile #9 who will actually move is going to be a major upgrade.