7 minutes ago, wev said:

Does this mean Arsenal are the champions?

it means Liverpool can’t beat city’s record points tally, and that’s the real victory... that and the friends we made along the way

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

it means Liverpool can’t beat city’s record points tally, and that’s the real victory... that and the friends we made along the way

Do you think Man City will be able to pay us something for that? from what I have learnt over the last couple of days is they are good at tweaking their finances...Maybe we got something in the Arteta contract? 

2 hours ago, wev said:

Does this mean Arsenal are the champions?

Nope, makes Spurs champions init!

On a serious note, any insides on the Arsenal Fan TV stuff that’s going on? I know most on here will not be fans but seems an absolute horror show for the club and I guess a danger of supporting fan made stuff.

nice to win one against the grain like that, and we've lost games we've played better in recently

you don't get 3 points often with 30% possession at home, giving up 24 shots (to 3 of your own) and 30+ crosses.

it wasn't far off Emery's tactic at Anfield earlier in the season

Been a good week then.

City felt far less flukey than Liverpool - it felt like a system working more.

I know the passing out from the back is meant to commit a presser before you offload taking them out the game, but still gives me kittens.

That system also relies on clinical finishing, which fortunately we had in Auba. Also highlights the value of Pepe, he is a ‘moments’ player, never going to dominate a match, but was critical in both goals.

Also having not seen Tierney starting to see why people who had say he could be a bit good.

8 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Does this mean we’ve now qualified for the Europa league as Utd and Chelsea are guaranteed at least a top 5 finish in the league 

I think if Utd/Chelsea win the cup Final the Europa League place they would have got for finishing 5th goes to the team in 6th not to the Arsenal. 

How about if Utd & Chelsea finish 3rd and 4th?

Does the Europa place go to the losing finalist or back to 7th in the league as 5th is Europa and 6th is Europa play off?

15 hours ago, Lucky said:

How about if Utd & Chelsea finish 3rd and 4th?

Does the Europa place go to the losing finalist or back to 7th in the league as 5th is Europa and 6th is Europa play off?

My understanding of it all is that 5th is Europa Cup qualification (as usual), 6th is now Europa Cup qualification (on the basis that Man City won the League Cup, and are already qualified for Europe), and 7th will also be Europa Cup qualification if Chelsea win the FA Cup, because they're already qualified for Europe, and it shifts to the next league place down (hence Watford not being in Europe this year).

It's still possible that we could finish 7th, and go into the Europa Cup either way, but as we're not in a strong position in the league (despite what looks on paper like a favourable run-in) it looks more likely to me that we either win the FA Cup and make Europe, or we lose and Spurs go in in our place.

17 hours ago, Straps said:

What are the Europa pathways now? Is it only with an FA cup victory?

Believe so. If Chelsea win, the spot would go to the 7th league place (Wolves).

Although if they were to win the Europa, they'd go in to the CL, so no idea what would happen then :lol:

So Transfer window's open. What's the odds we'll bring Coutinho in on a loan if we win the FA Cup? Also, any change we can re-sign Ramsey? :lol:

48 minutes ago, wev said:

Anyone else nervous about this one? 

More than the 2014 final. A lot rides on this one. 

You just know that the handsome Giroud will score the winner.