James Ward Prowse speaking bullshit

Southampton's James Ward-Prowse, speaking to Sky Sports: "The main thing is we showed up. Coming up against a quality team like Arsenal, you are always going to be under pressure. It's painful to think if we had hung on for a couple of minutes more we would have had all three points."

:lol:

when you realise that thursday isn't a school night (thanks inset day!) and you look to see if tickets are available for the UEL game...

Following discussions with the police and local authorities, we are having to place restrictions on ticket sales for this fixture. This decision is based on safety considerations and follows the difficulties experienced when we played FC Cologne in September 2017.

As a result of this anticipated demand from Eintracht Frankfurt supporters and the confirmation that they will not be receiving an allocation, we have been forced to limit ticket sales to our supporters for the match in order to prevent visiting supporters overwhelming Arsenal sections of the stadium.

Consequently, there will be no sales to our Red Adult and Cannon Red Members for this match. Also, the Friends & Family and Ticket Exchange Service will not be in operation for this match.

*le sigh*

• Upvote 2

that was abject on Saturday - no doubt about it Southampton bossed us and fully deserved to win, how we can give up more shots at home than we had to a team that shipped 9 at home only a couple of weeks is utterly damning. We're just so static to watch and the midfield is non-existent.

I liked the phrase I saw over the weekend 'tactical disasterclass' to describe Emery's approach, and the latter stages of emptying the midfield and defence to throw on attackers was pure late era Wenger - you can see this team just not playing for Emery or getting what he's asking them to do - the days of the claims about his detailed prep and video analysis seem a long long time ago.

Terrible terrible ref too - incredibly weak. From the moment they went ahead inside 10m they went into full scale shithouse mode, the likes of which I have never seen so early in a game and so frequently, time wasting for everything and every contact resulted in them needing the physio. The worst of this was in the second half when one of their player faked the lying totally motionless and saw the physio rapidly waved on for a head injury, but the he was up in seconds. It was horrible stuff to watch. 

It didn't effect the result or what we deserved (which was a booing) but I wish the refs were stronger on this stuff. 

• Upvote 1

listening to Ornstein on his new Athletic podcast and he used the phrase 'when not if' to describe us getting rid of Emery, adding stuff appears to be happening behind the scenes but Emery definitely in charge for next match in Europa league

56 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Let me know if you are interested. I can't make it as I have a work do, 

was you after one or two?

thanks but no, my job situation might be changing again, and it’ll be on telly anyway. Cheers!

reason why no away fans tomorrow - in an email I just got now from the club

Following fan disorder at the UEFA Europa League group stage match between Vitória SC and Eintracht Frankfurt, UEFA have taken the decision to ban Eintracht Frankfurt from selling tickets to its away supporters for their next two UEFA competition matches, which includes our match at Emirates Stadium on Thursday. 

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

I see Nuno Santo is being heavily linked as our next manager, so it's good that we'll be moving on from one mediocre coach who does quite well as an underdog to another.

Yeah, I'm pretty 'meh' about that one - but it's better than the weird obsession with Pep's cone putter outer in chief and 100 appearance club non-legend Mikel Arteta.

Including Xhaka is the last move of a desperate man. The fact that he’s not even come close to apologising for being a massive pranny and then chucking him in when you have no other options is a shambles really. Really not befitting of any kind of standard we should be setting.

God, and that line up. Wow I hate what we’ve become.

4 hours ago, The Fox said:

I see Nuno Santo is being heavily linked as our next manager, so it's good that we'll be moving on from one mediocre coach who does quite well as an underdog to another.

Unfortunately Arsenal are now the kind of club thats the middle ground between an underdog club and one of the Big Jobs