12 hours ago, Silent Runner said:

I'm beginning to think Iwobi isn't very good. 

He's just very ordinary & gives the ball away too often.  If we are going for a rebuilding job this summer then I'd either get rid of him or loan him out so he can get some games under his belt as we can't afford to keep carrying him.  Maybe with some experience he will become a better footballer, but unfortunately I don't think he's got a long term future at Arsenal.  You tend to know right away if a player has 'got it' or not and he definitely hasn't.

Good player, like Bellerin he's plateaued a bit in terms of progression but still a lot of promise there IMO. Needs to work on his finishing ideally. Quite why anyone would expect him to be the finished article at 21 though I have no idea.

Re Iwobi, I think the World Cup will be important for his development. Some players go to the cup and play a blinder and it moves their career up a gear (remember James from Columbia?). Iwobi is still young. Just when I think he’ll never be good enough, he surprises me. At 21 he is a back up to Özil and he’ll learn a lot from him.

I can’t work out if he’s fast or slow when he runs, though. He looks like he should be super quick, but not sure if he is. People seem to get round him a lot.

There was talk about him being part of the deal for Aubemeyang as that deal is tied to them needing a replacement first? Didnt his wife block his move to Everton as she didnt want to move away from London? But yeah, dont want the ridiculously handsome bastard to leave

I've always thought Giroud is greatly under rated, he scores enough goals to warrant at least a bench place for a very highly placed team (if not a starting place, amazes me crap like Welbeck is chosen to start ahead of him) and more importantly makes everybody around him look better. He's not a classic knock down big striker but very skilful with a great touch and good vision.

With that in mind it sounds nuts to sell him to a rival who desperately need such a thing, whatever the price, its even more stupid to do it for £15m, even if he is 31y old. 

Chelsea refused to sell as Djemba Ba a few years back as decided they didn't want to strengthen a rival - about time we started thinking a bit smart too.

If they wanted Welbeck I'd take a tenner and bag of dry roasted peanuts. 

Yeah I'd rather it was Wellbeck, but with his fitness record it's unlikely to happen, apparently they're loaning a player to Dortmund which in turn frees Aubemeyang up so if Arsenal play hard ball with Giroud going to Chelsea they could then block this other loan move, not that they couldn't do that anyway.

Giroud probably wants to go if we're bringing in Aubameyang in a World Cup year. His wife is apparently pregnant so probably isn't going to want to move to another country right now. Chelsea does make sense for him on a personal level, unfortunately. As mentioned I'd much rather try and offload Welbeck to someone like Southampton though.