cubeadvance

Arsenal

Villa have just signed Stuart Taylor.

Real look like they have sewn up the signing of Robinho.

Juve have admitted their interested in Vieira.

Alialdiere is going to Celtic.

Robin Van Persie is looking fucked.

It's mainly looking like doom and gloom at the moment, it can't all be bad surely? Please cheer me up with wild transfer speculation, and telling me Wenger will sort this mess out.

• Upvote 2

How are Juve going to fund the Viera transfer? They just don't have the cash. Arsenal are a good team that just need a bit of fine tuning. Gilberto playing for a whole season will be like a new signing. You badly need a striker though. Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie all do much of their work outside of the box and imo Arsenal need a RVN type player as in a box striker or a poacher. You also need a keeper but you already knew that.

Van Persie is going to be doing all of his work inside a box, for the next 10 years or so. The Viera>Juventus rumour seems to have come from an off the cuff remark from their chairman, as opposed to any serious intent.

Arsenal need a RVN type player as in a box striker or a poacher.

Aliadiere would seem to fit the bill. He's been deadly in the reserves.

Juve are planning on buying Vieira with the cash from the probable sale of Trezeguet to Chelsea, or strangely Arsenal. I douby however that we would contemplate trading our captain for an inferior carbon copy of Henry.

Robin Van Persie has apparently been released by Dutch police. Very early reports.

25mins ago, Reuters:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticl...2-30_L2761207:1

AMSTERDAM, June 27 (Reuters) - Arsenal's Dutch international forward Robin van Persie was released from custody on Monday after he was arrested earlier this month on suspicion of rape, a public prosecutor said.

The 21-year-old was arrested in Rotterdam on June 13 following an alleged incident. Van Persie's lawyer Abraham Moszkowicz has said his client denied any wrongdoing.

"The investigation still goes on but it is not necessary to to hold him any longer," a spokeswoman for the Rotterdam prosecutor said. "There are no other restrictions imposed on him, he is free to go anywhere he wants."

After a difficult first season at Arsenal following his move from Feyenoord last year, Rotterdam-born Van Persie made his debut for the Dutch national side as a substitute against Romania earlier this month and then scored in his second game, against Finland, four days later.

Aliadiere would seem to fit the bill. He's been deadly in the reserves.

Juve are planning on buying Vieira with the cash from the probable sale of Trezeguet to Chelsea, or strangely Arsenal. I douby however that we would contemplate trading our captain for an inferior carbon copy of Henry.

Viera's 29. If someone was to pay £30 million would you take it?

From a Liverpool fans perspective I would probably take £30 million for Gerrard if he was 29 as well.

How are Juve going to fund the Viera transfer? They just don't have the cash. Arsenal are a good team that just need a bit of fine tuning. Gilberto playing for a whole season will be like a new signing. You badly need a striker though. Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie all do much of their work outside of the box and imo Arsenal need a RVN type player as in a box striker or a poacher. You also need a keeper but you already knew that.

You're right, Henry's goal scoring record was TERRIBLE last season.

I didn't say that you fucking mong. How many goals did Bergkamp, Reyes, Van Persie contribute last season? Pires scored plenty but you can't expect your left winger to contribute 17 goals again.

There is a chance Pires might be off aswell

some contract dispute or something

I didn't say that you fucking mong. How many goals did Bergkamp, Reyes, Van Persie contribute last season? Pires scored plenty but you can't expect your left winger to contribute 17 goals again.

Why not? Didn't he get 20 the year before?

Bergkamp - one more year.

Van Persie - out of jail, still being investigated but has to be a positive step.

Reyes - staying.

Pires - maybe leaving / I believe staying. Just Arsenal board alwalys a bit slow in the game with over 30's. Also part of Wengers 'only offer 1 year contract to over 30's' policy. However the third highest scorer in the premiership last season has to stay right?

Cole - staying, no one would pay silly money for a full back. Probably leave on a free in a couple of seasons.

Henry - its Henry!

Senderos, Toure and Fabregas - fantastic!

Hleb - joined!

2 more players incoming before season begins.

Last season at higbury. Ive managed to blag sharing a season ticket. Its all good. Wenger knows.... :ph34r:

Good points. Also Wenger said he wants 2 world class players before the season starts. Assuming he counts Hleb as one that leaves one more, possibly even before the players return for pre-season training next Monday.

The Confedrations Cup Final is tomorrow evening and Wenger is there commentating. Robinho anyone?

Why not? Didn't he get 20 the year before?

He's 33 / coming 33. Time catches up with everyone sooner or later. Awesome player but you need someone else to take the weight off Henry and Pires shoulders sometimes. That's why I am saying you need another striker and one in a different mould to what you already have.

He's on the look out for a target man, probably a gamble on an unknown, to give us a Plan B.

Robinho would be a nice signing but apparently he's set on joining Madrid.

I've heard very good reports on Hleb.

Totally undecided about Pires. He's a truly exceptional player (his form in the season when he got the knee injury was seriously incredible, I've never seen the like) and he scores goals but the policy of one year deals for over 30s seems sensible.

Will I buy the new shirt with Bergkamp 10 on the back?

He's 'villa' good :lol:

And neemo, my point was simply that Henry is in the box as a target man when its required, as well as doing so much more, don't get so upset :( Pires has been scoring consistently highly for a few seasons and once Reyes gets stuck into the type of form he saw at the beginning and end of last season (all down to confidence I reckon) he'll no doubt be prolific as a provider and a finisher. Van Persie is showing a lot of promise and will make as a good a target man as any (see his goal against Blackburn for evidence).

As long as Lehman is consistent and the team holds their nerve their is no reason why we can't give Chelsea a better challenge than we did last year.

Villa have just signed Stuart Taylor.

Real look like they have sewn up the signing of Robinho.

Juve have admitted their interested in Vieira.

Alialdiere is going to Celtic.

Robin Van Persie is looking fucked.

It's mainly looking like doom and gloom at the moment, it can't all be bad surely? Please cheer me up with wild transfer speculation, and telling me Wenger will sort this mess out.

I was sad to see Taylor go, but he needed first team football at his age. No big deal.

Juve couldn't afford to buy a copy of the Mirror.

Alialialialialialdiere is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

RVP will get away with it because it was probably just another slut crying rape.

• Downvote 1

He's 33 / coming 33. Time catches up with everyone sooner or later. Awesome player but you need someone else to take the weight off Henry and Pires shoulders sometimes. That's why I am saying you need another striker and one in a different mould to what you already have.

I'm actually a Forest fan, but I do agree that Arsenal could do with a 'proper' centre-forward. He wouldn't necessarily need to be a prolific goalscorer, but being able to lump the ball up to him when they're defending a lead, or chasing a goal and having someone with the physical presence to win and keep hold of the ball could give Arsenal a useful weapon for their gunnery.*

* - see what I did there? :(

I'm actually a Forest fan, but I do agree that Arsenal could do with a 'proper' centre-forward. He wouldn't necessarily need to be a prolific goalscorer, but being able to lump the ball up to him when they're defending a lead, or chasing a goal and having someone with the physical presence to win and keep hold of the ball could give Arsenal a useful weapon for their gunnery.*

* - see what I did there? :(

But we play in such a unique style a "target man" would be useless! When the the last time you saw a long ball hoofed up to a centre forward rout one style for him to simply bang in the net?

It's a pain to watch at times as it always has to be the perfect goal! Instead of the whole team licking the ball around the pitch for 15 mins only for Freddie to hoof over the bar a good old Alan Smith style goal would suffice!

So how good is Stuart Taylor anyway as I am a Villa fan.

Very good! I'm not sure how much you paid for him but he'll do you proud. He should have been our number one when Seaman retired, but Wenger went for experience and brought it Lehmann (who is great BTW).

Taylor was always a better keeper than Richard Wright and look at all the praise that clown had!