cubeadvance

Arsenal

Almost seems like hiring a seemingly inflexible coach who can’t integrate a vast portion of the squad into his solitary play style might have been a stupid idea.

• Upvote 1

that really didn't feel like a 4-1 game to watch - both defences looked like they were from teams that will be relegation threatened in all honesty, and but for some wasteful finishing in the first half we'd have been behind.

chorus of boos met the now traditional hooking of lacazette

it is still early days, and took both Pep and Klopp time to settle in the prem with huge budgets too, but the constant tinkering with half time subs and formation changes is starting now to look like not knowing what team to ever play, or how to get them lined up properly.

Whole club has been horribly mismanaged for a few years unfortunately.

Özil contract debacle.

Countless players’ contracts allowed to run down. In Alexis’ case we turned down a huge bid, seemingly assuming he’d put a shift in before the World Cup, but then Chile didn’t qualify and he became a complete pain in the arse who we couldn’t wait to be rid of.

Aside from him you’ve also got Szczesny, Wilshere, Ramsey, Welbeck, Gnabry and Reiss-Nelson all leaving for nothing.

good to see we're still targeting the problem positions, being linked with the Madrid keep Keylor Navas - a chap in my opinion (along with several others) to have a reputation and trophy cabinet that is thanks to the efforts of Ronaldo. 

is this bargain bin dented tin value shopping or wasting our precious limited resources where not really needed, the latter I think, especially as he's very flappy and not likely to instil any extra confidence in our rabbit in the headlights defenders. 

17 hours ago, humdrum said:

Nelson just signed a long term deal and is only on loan in Germany?  Or are you thinking Wilcox?

did you mean Willock?

My son(!) says that Willock, Osei-Tutu, and the more obvious Smith-Rowe and Nketiah, should all be getting more 1st team action. That Iliev should be sufficient cover for Cech/Leno/Macey/(Ospina) and we don't need another keeper.

(and that Iwobi can't pass, in a similar "no end-product" style of another winger who shall not be named)

Smart kid.

22 hours ago, humdrum said:

Nelson just signed a long term deal and is only on loan in Germany?  Or are you thinking Wilcox?

Yeah my bad, forgot it was just a loan.

Anyways.

Not a salary that Arsenal wouldn’t have matched though. Think it’s likely that he simply wanted to leave, and the whole ‘Arsenal withdrew the contract offer’ is just PR bluster.

Really glad that he's still able to play football.

His injury was horrific and he had some pretty dodgy treatment that could have cost him his foot. There's a really good guardian (I think) interview with him. He comes across as a lovely guy in it. Not looking to blame anyone. Just eager to get back on the pitch.

Him and Rosicky are definetly the two players that always gave their all and you always looked forward to coming back from injury

I still don't understand how there's a "lack of funds", however I think another midfielder is low on the list of priorities right now 

Ozil trained all week and not even on the bench today - Emery definitely taking a stand.

Torreira doesn't start either, but I suspect he's being given a bit of recuperation time as has been looking a bit leggy recently.

Never know what to expect with West Ham, they are capable of turning us over or capitulating.

“Taking a stand” against what lol. The idea that Özil isn’t good enough for our squad given how shit we’re playing is laughable. Emery is a clown.

8 minutes ago, hauk said:

What the hell is going on with Ozil? This is exactly the kind of game where he would have made a difference!

Tbf his last appearance off the bench he was dogshit, but that’s still no excuse for not picking him for the squad. It’s just stupidity.

Three clean sheets in 22 games. After signing a CB, GK and DM. :lol:

Ozil not making a squad is just a huge mistake. We don’t have a standout first 11 nor do we have a clear style right now. Feeling as though there are more questions than answers, and we don’t have the money to spend to make the changes. Regardless of anything else, a lot of players will be leaving in the summer. I’m just not confident that we will bring the required numbers and quality in. Gonna be a rocky few years.