Sign in to follow this  
Hubertus Bigend

A Perfect Circle

Wargh; was hoping this would say 'new album confirmed!'.

I personally prefer Mer de Noms, but Thirteenth Step is a quality second album.

rEMIXED is decent, haven't bothered with eMOTIVe as I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

eMOTIVe is a great album, for a mainly covers album. Passive is APC through and through. I think its a remake of Vacant from the Tapeworm project, which APC played on tour years ago. I prefer the live version from back then but this is good too. The cover of Imagine is also very good, probably because I don't like the original. But its not a patch on Mer or 13th Step.

As for new material, I think I read that Maynard said in a radio interview a couple of months ago that him and Howerdel were back in the studio as APC and they will be releasing something. Could be years though...Who knows?!

Killer albums, the first two. We're due a new one, though.

It's amazing how the supergroup consists of members from the grunge, punk and goth scenes. Superb melding of styles.

Melding/molding. You know what I mean.

As for new material, I think I read that Maynard said in a radio interview a couple of months ago that him and Howerdel were back in the studio as APC and they will be releasing something. Could be years though...Who knows?!

That would be awesome. As far as I was aware, APC was most likely over for good, what with Tool obviously being Maynard's primary focus, and a lot of time being sunk into Puscifer. Can never get enough of this band. 10 years and so little output :lol:

Funnily enough I've just been watching some Maynard themed video clips on Youtube.

Finally, one to wave when people talk about flawless performances and:

to show that he's still cool as. :lol:

Arise from the grave you beautiful bastards! :D

13 long years....(a Thirteenth Step if you will) What an incredible track to return with after so long. Less time if you include the fantastic "By and Down" I suppose, but I'm talking studio albums.

My thoughts about this track have gone all over the place in the last day and soooo many listens since its release. Initially I felt like it was closer to Puscifer than APC, mainly because of the vocal mix, but now I've picked up on the nuances I'm so so hopeful and excited for the return of a band I never thought would reappear (and fingers crossed I'll get to see live one day). Excuse my enthusiasm, but fucking hell I love A Perfect Circle!

\m/ "Fuck the doomed! You're on your own!" \m/

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

I'm still waiting with baited breath for the return of Tool...

Likewise mate

5 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

That's a good tune.  I love Tool, but I've always found APC and Puscifer incredibly patchy.

I love them all tbh. Maynard voice is a force to be reckoned with in any situation. 

I think this is probably their single greatest cut to date. It feels like a song that has always existed. It doesn't sound like 'A Perfect Circle' It sounds like a song that has always been. I've been listening to it all day while writing and I think it will find its place in the great American rock songbook alongside Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan. 

10/10

I love how the two comments I’ve seen people make on it are that gushing praise and “the new APC song is pretty underwhelming”.

Haven't had a chance to listen yet myself.

On 1/3/2018 at 09:17, MrPogo said:

I love how the two comments I’ve seen people make on it are that gushing praise and “the new APC song is pretty underwhelming”.

Haven't had a chance to listen yet myself.

How can you not have the chance to listen to a song that is 6 mins long?

New album's out and it's good.  The album cut of Disillusioned sounds a lot fuller to me.

It's pretty varied. Stuff like So Long and Thanks for all the Fish almost has a sort of 90's indie pop-rock feel.

On 23/04/2018 at 14:10, Nathan Wind said:

New album's out and it's good.  The album cut of Disillusioned sounds a lot fuller to me.

It's pretty varied. Stuff like So Long and Thanks for all the Fish almost has a sort of 90's indie pop-rock feel.

I fucking love it!

Yeah me too.  Bar one or two tracks it's really subdued (in a good way), and not like anything else in my collection.  His voice is extraordinary on the opening track and on Feathers.

A couple of new arena shows (London and Manchester) in December have gone on sale today. Still tickets available for London as of right now (didn’t check Manchester).

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

A couple of new arena shows (London and Manchester) in December have gone on sale today. Still tickets available for London as of right now (didn’t check Manchester).

Thanks for the reminder!  Missed out on the summer show but I've just got tickets for Manchester :)

• Upvote 1

Queueing for Mastodon at Manchester Academy last December on a snowy night at about minus four degrees, taught me that I'm never going to a gig in Manchester in December again.