Jump to content
kerraig UK

Post Your Gaming Setups

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Moz said:

I posted my rainbow vomit inducing madness in the other thread, but that was just for shits and giggles. In reality I'm repping blue and green most of the time now.

 

image.thumb.png.86b6713073dc83175e35dddda1d753fb.png

 

What kind of lunatic has an angle grinder hanging over their mousemat!?

 

Or is it on instruction of your partner in case they catch you knocking one out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, strider said:

@nakamuracame over at the weekend and helped me sort out my room.

I got rid of the huge sofa that dominated it, changed some stuff around and am in the process of getting rid of a lot of stuff that was clogging up the floor space. I still need to sort out my board games, but it feels a lot better than it was.

27657181_10155350960452666_5030378880652734537_n.jpg.f820d7e834af8e5216921799e43f3c9f.jpg

27867672_10155350960507666_6870875402574003621_n.jpg

27657366_10155350960502666_7501045437302871117_n.jpg

27858652_10155350960517666_3348073624055796278_n.jpg

27751642_10155350960522666_736584912497027950_n.jpg

To clarify, Strider helped *me* sort his room! 

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

 

Is it themed on Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon?

 

It isn't, but it definitely could have been :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, phresh said:

 

What kind of lunatic has an angle grinder hanging over their mousemat!?

 

Or is it on instruction of your partner in case they catch you knocking one out?

 

Being 300% louder than everyone else on Discord is how I gain my edge.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pob said:

Inspired by al the bias lighting on show here, I got my own:

 

IMG_2063.jpg

 

This looks so nice. That's why you do it, so you can have a light-down session of your favourite game without burning your retinas out quite so quickly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TV bias lighting is meant to be set at the white point used for calibration/mastering rather than fluorescent blue. 

 

PC setups are different as I believe the main goal there is to make things look cool in photographs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

TV bias lighting is meant to be set at the white point used for calibration/mastering rather than fluorescent blue. 

That’s just what the camera picked up, it’s nowhere near that blue in real life. It’s the ‘white’ selection on the remote, but it’s still quite blue though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 12:34, robdood said:

BEHOLD THE MAGNIFICENCE. 

 

ULTIMATE SETUP.png

 

So many headphones.

 

 

I've been working on an upgrade, still in progress, need to finish tidying the cables (obviously!) and install a dinky 4:3 monitor to the left of my screen (for monitoring while I'm recording etc).  Oh an my mic is missing from it's boom as I've sent it off to have the USB socket repaired. There's more acoustic foam around the room too, waiting for some bass traps to arrive from China, lol.  It's been a mega satisfying mini project so far!

 

5a92bcdd7574b_mancaveupgradeinprogress.thumb.png.e1324caaaab6f028a206b947bf55b0fc.png

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gaming setup, or "that escalated quickly"

 

Messy setup about 18 months ago:

 

Spoiler

4YyGt2m.jpg

 

32" TV and assorted paraphernalia.

 

 

Current:

 

Spoiler

XsVm0k7.jpg

 

 

 

Got sick of the switch being behind the screen because it messed with the left joycon signal and the baby kept taking swipes at it, so the Switch is now in the left drawer. Fits with the dock upright, and I just make sure the drawer is open when I'm playing so it doesn't overheat. Right drawer is full of controllers and games.

 

I told myself the OLED would be my last big purchase for a while but I'm sort of jonesing for an Xbox One X. The PS4 Pro games look brilliant but there's a little voice in the back of my head telling me it would be a shame to not pair the TV with The Highest Quality Pixels that anybody has seen.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

 

 

I told myself the OLED would be my last big purchase for a while but I'm sort of jonesing for an Xbox One X. The PS4 Pro games look brilliant but there's a little voice in the back of my head telling me it would be a shame to not pair the TV with The Highest Quality Pixels that anybody has seen.

 

a gaming PC as well!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

4K OLED’s 

 

...pffft! 240p on a PVM is where it’s at! 

 

B615BB97-BF3D-4502-A697-4BFCE09D04A7.thumb.jpeg.64d6f2dc3b69b4f9def620f4cbba42a0.jpeg

Looks like the framemeister can go now.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 13:41, robdood said:
On 1/22/2018 at 12:34, robdood said:

BEHOLD THE MAGNIFICENCE. 

 

ULTIMATE SETUP.png

 

So many headphones.

 

 

I've been working on an upgrade, still in progress, need to finish tidying the cables (obviously!) and install a dinky 4:3 monitor to the left of my screen (for monitoring while I'm recording etc).  Oh an my mic is missing from it's boom as I've sent it off to have the USB socket repaired. There's more acoustic foam around the room too, waiting for some bass traps to arrive from China, lol.  It's been a mega satisfying mini project so far!

 

5a92bcdd7574b_mancaveupgradeinprogress.thumb.png.e1324caaaab6f028a206b947bf55b0fc.png

Ok so I'm finished for now.  Ran out of trunking, so it's not as perfect as I'd like, but it's a damn sight better than it used to be! :wub:

5a9449891866f_mancavealmostfinished.thumb.png.c89a5102b587162003653ee3287faedc.png

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 19:53, dvdx2 said:

Looks like the framemeister can go now.....

 

Hah, well... I'm loving the PVM, and it's going to be the heart of my new Retro set-up that I'm working on, but I'm certainly not going to be selling the Framemeister, or the OSSC that I own as they all serve good individual purposes. 

The OSSC is my favourite for using old consoles on a modern TV, but the Framemeister is the ideal tool for capturing, sitting between the console and the capture device. My only real issue with the Framemeister is that there is a bit of lag in there, but all the scaling options are great and it farts out a perfect signal for capture. 

 

To reiterate and debunk the prior mentioned myth, one of the Framemeister's best features is it's de-interlacing, which perfectly de-interlaces the image into a complete progressive frame. That's why it's so good for capture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

 

Hah, well... I'm loving the PVM, and it's going to be the heart of my new Retro set-up that I'm working on, but I'm certainly not going to be selling the Framemeister, or the OSSC that I own as they all serve good individual purposes. 

The OSSC is my favourite for using old consoles on a modern TV, but the Framemeister is the ideal tool for capturing, sitting between the console and the capture device. My only real issue with the Framemeister is that there is a bit of lag in there, but all the scaling options are great and it farts out a perfect signal for capture. 

 

To reiterate and debunk the prior mentioned myth, one of the Framemeister's best features is it's de-interlacing, which perfectly de-interlaces the image into a complete progressive frame. That's why it's so good for capture. 

Glad your enjoying the pvm (is it an 14m4e?), yeah it might de-interlace well for capturing still pictures, but I found 480i in motion upscaled by the FM, to look pretty bad. (In my opinion, of course). Slippery slope, professional monitors; there is no going back to scalers, especially when you see ones with 900+ TVL! 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pockets said:

Here's my current set-up. People will be aghast at the wires and general mess but there's really no option in this room.

 

Is that an optical illusion or is that massive TV really being balanced on top of that tiny table? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.