rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Demolition Man

I will be excited to see it. Even if it will be shite. 

Don't see snipes coming back. Difficult to write him back in it. Even if they go the cloning route he would have aged anyway. 

1 hour ago, Ry said:

Don't see snipes coming back. Difficult to write him back in it. Even if they go the cloning route he would have aged anyway. 

Deagging tech son

I’ll go along with it - loved this film back in the day. A purple patch of a year for Stallone with Cliffhanger coming just before it.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Ry said:

Instead of serving the actual time of your sentence, they put you into an age-acceleration chamber so you age 25 years overnight.

It's set the day after the last one finished, but features Simon's brothers, Paul and Joaquin.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Ry said:

[Ry, You are fined one credit for the violation of the Verbal Morality Statute]

• Upvote 6

God, one of my most watched VHSs back in the day! It better be well good. 

Yeah, no reason to not have Snipes back. He was fantastic then and still is now, especially after Dolemite is my name. Charismatic and scene stealing as fuck.

• Upvote 1

On 05/05/2020 at 08:39, Revival said:

[Ry, You are fined one credit for the violation of the Verbal Morality Statute]

[Revival, you are fined one half-credit for a quoting violation of the Verbal Morality Statute]

• Upvote 1

Loved the original, a real guilty pleasure, even if Denis Leary spoilt it doing his Bill Hicks routine.

A sequel should be a blast!

It's like I know it's going to be terrible, but on paper the original should have been awful but turned out to be great. So, guardedly hopeful for this.

I saw Demolition man at the cinema back in the day and loved it.  One thing that stuck in my mind was the Taco Bell joke, and how the next time I went to America I deliberately sought out a Taco Bell to see what all the fuss was about.  Weirdly, years later I saw online that in the UK it was revoiced to be Pizza Hut, there is evidence online that supports this, but I know for a fact that it was Taco Bell when I saw it.  My UK DVD is also Taco Bell.  So I have no idea what is going on there. The UK version I sourced from a legitimate online service (cough) is Pizza Hut.  

• Upvote 1

Its Taco Bell everytime I've watched it.

I only ever had my first one this year too. Only took me 17 years to finally try Americas number 1 fine dining restaurant.

The UK theatrical release, VHS, DVD and Blu-ray all had the Taco Bell version. 

I know it popped up here in TV showings, but I didn't see the Pizza Hut version until 2011, when I made the mistake of buying the German Blu-ray. 

• Upvote 1

On 06/05/2020 at 00:41, NexivRed said:

God, one of my most watched VHSs back in the day! It better be well good. 

Hah, was about to tag you in this :D