rllmuk
stan

Illustration Club

Procreate's indeed very good and popular, but it's not by Adobe. I don't think you can go far wrong with it.

Three from last night, something just clicked and i was off ! I love it when everything you try just works :D

39759254555_1900d9d47e_b.jpg

2018-03-06_03-11-10 by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

25784093747_5088cc2c78_b.jpg

2018-03-06_03-10-26 by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

40654541661_a1e2a0b058_b.jpg

2018-03-06_03-09-39 by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

And then there are times when it starts all wrong and just goes to rat  shit the more you work at it .. It wasn't supposed to be a drag queen when i began :huh:

39759263915_7b6e6c90f4_b.jpg

2018-03-06_03-11-32 by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

• Upvote 3

Jennifer Garner. I've been cheating lately and picking colours straight off the photo I'm drawing from, but this time I did it all by eye; it's not really accurate to the photo but it's close!5a9ff86a83a75_JenniferGarner.thumb.jpg.66ccc29b8f2210b61260d9bf352f6e28.jpg

• Upvote 9

Not sure if this belongs here but I'm just trying some stuff out in Photoshop

RwLmBcx.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hi, what's the best wacom to get? I always used a bamboo but thinking might have to upgrade after a decade. I prefer a small drawing area like a6 and unnatural slippy feel of the bamboo is fine since you can make marks faster. I have heard about some newer ones trying to be like paper texture but leave scratches, eat through leads and move slowly . I'm probably going to get a bamboo again (I have made a request in the wanted folder if anyone has one they dont use). What do yous use?

Magic mallet is strangely hypnotic to stare at - I really like the mallet animation too, kind of.. soothing?

• Upvote 1

I haven't drawn anything for ages, but my one kid asked for this character from Hero Academy and then the other kid asked for another one. I quite enjoyed it I must say, cathartic. But the time vanished instantly what is that about? 

image.thumb.png.d904b3f171efaf6e7cd36451675c1fd0.png

image.thumb.png.289bbd549abcafddad8faa13325c7abe.png

• Upvote 9

On 27/05/2018 at 02:42, OogyBoogy said:

Autodesk Sketchbook is now free.

No shit?

:wub:

Anyone with first hand experience care to comment?

I've seen it used a few times but never had the pleasure myself.....it's one of these ones heavily geared towards convincingly emulating traditional linework, right?

I might have to give this a try.

On 05/06/2018 at 19:48, Vulgar Monkey said:

No shit?

:wub:

Anyone with first hand experience care to comment?

I've seen it used a few times but never had the pleasure myself.....it's one of these ones heavily geared towards convincingly emulating traditional linework, right?

I might have to give this a try.

Um. I kind of like it but it's always felt UI by committee to me. Not my main choice but some artists (like the very lovely Roz Hall) throw it around brilliantly. 

• Upvote 1

In other news: bought an Oneplus 6. Kind of like it, king of love it. Mostly fab. Drew this in ArtRage. 

Untitled_002-02.jpeg

• Upvote 6