rllmuk
stan

Illustration Club

On 13/12/2017 at 12:55, dr_manhattan^ said:

I've wanted to be able to draw for a long time so I started a Udemy course last night and drew my first thing, an eye.  Quite happy with how it turned out.

IMG_1750.jpg

Can I ask what course you are doing? I want to learn to draw this year too!

Well, I am going to take the plunge today. I have a brand new Dell series 5000 laptop with touchscreen and an active pen.

Going to get some paper and pencils on my way home from work, and I will order "the ultimate drawing course - beginner to advanced' on Udemy.

No prior drawing experience. Wish me luck.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

I'm doing the same. I've just ordered 'Ultimate Guide to Digital Sketching: Beginner to Advanced' because he seems to be using Procreate on his iPad Pro with apple pencil, and thats what I've been doodling with.

Seems bad to not start with a real pencil, but it fits with my life, so let's see how it plays out.

(Here is the best thing I've drawn so far, in OneNote of all places).

Pigeon.jpg

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Certainly, it's this one:

https://www.udemy.com/the-ultimate-drawing-course-beginner-to-advanced

I only paid £15 for it, so it's worth waiting for a sale.

Brilliant thanks, the new year sale means it's only £10.99. The question is, do I get it in addition to this one: 

https://www.udemy.com/ultimate-guide-to-digital-sketching-beginner-to-advanced/learn/v4/overview

Hmmm....

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Brilliant thanks, the new year sale means it's only £10.99. The question is, do I get it in addition to this one: 

https://www.udemy.com/ultimate-guide-to-digital-sketching-beginner-to-advanced/learn/v4/overview

Hmmm....

No worries.

That's interesting, I'd like to do digital drawing in the future too.

On 1/2/2018 at 21:53, Tofu said:

First finished piece for 2018, started in Dec but just gotten round to finishing it.

kai_2.1_18.thumb.jpg.589d8300a6413c93c981bb21ee860276.jpg

This is not your work. Claiming other people's work after you remove their signature is not a nice thing to do. The artist is Cameron Sewell, and as @Vulgar Monkey pointed out they are on Artstation: 

https://www.artstation.com/thdark

• Upvote 4

Was playing with my new iPad Pro and Apple Pencil over Christmas.......

What an amazing piece of kit - drew this picture of my wife. Took approximately 9hrs to complete

neeta.jpg.4a0111948ace51b867fd3d513e5e2462.jpg

Drawn using Adobe Procreate.

So pleased with how it came out - have started one of my son so will post that one soon :D

• Upvote 7

I'm trying to stick to doing regular 30 minute speed paints from a FB group I joined last year and never bothered with. I went with the theme Stone Golem today.

4stonegolem110118.png

Added a less successful attempt under the theme "gaming lair" (was more like 50 minutes, the 30 minute version was even flatter and more lifeless!)

gaminglairsml.png

Edited by RobNoyce
  • Upvote 5