rllmuk
Professor Rob

The Beer Thread

8 hours ago, Kzo said:

Picked up a few Faith and New World in Tesco the other week. Really loved them both, especially Faith. Will definitely be ordering more of their stuff!

They can be pricey, but their specials, one offs and collaborations have on the whole been excellent.

I really got into them (as a brewery) during lock down and reckon I spent everything I saved on train fares from WFH on buying beer online from them, I recently signed up to one of their subscription boxes (after being on the waiting list for a bit).

Been sampling some of Bristol's output.

Left Handed Giant are putting out some absolute crackers. Haven't tried a bad one from them yet, but specific beers worth highlighting are:

Age Of Madness

image.thumb.png.1ea04827e19fa217383f33317b734486.png

Fruited Sour Mango IPA.

Tastes like a mango smoothie, with added sourness at the finish. So, so delicious, although extremely sweet - it's not something I could have more than one of. But it's genuinely like drinking a Solero - almost exactly the same taste.

Lay It Down

Screenshot2020-07-27at16.54.41_1024x1024

Really good tropical hazy IPA. Strong pineapple and passionfruit flavours, really good smooth finish. Just a cracking example of the style really.

Dream House

canlabelSINGLE_1_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1589

Pale ale - but a stunning mix of hops in it. It's a mix of Citra, Mosaic, Vic Secret and Galaxy. It's somehow pine-y, fruity, creamy and floral all at the same time, all at under 6%. A top class pale ale.

Lost and Grounded are another Bristol-based brewery doing some good things, but I wanted to highlight this one in particular:

388b9005-600x600.jpg.webp

Teevee Party is a wheat Gose beer they do and it might be because it was the first beer I had today in 32-degree heat but I genuinely think it's one of the best Gose beers I've had in years. 5/5 for me - well worth seeking out. 

• Upvote 2

When the world goes back to normal, LHG's tap room in bristol is worth a visit. I was deathly hungover when I was there so barely managed a half and a few slices of pizza but it's a lovely place to spend a warm summer evening.

Left-Handed-Giant-brewpub-Finzels-Reach-

• Upvote 3

Yep, before lock down I'd regularly go to Bristol for work and LHG was a frequent haunt. You'd be going some to find a more impressive brew pub space.

21 hours ago, Gaz said:

When the world goes back to normal, LHG's tap room in bristol is worth a visit. I was deathly hungover when I was there so barely managed a half and a few slices of pizza but it's a lovely place to spend a warm summer evening.

Left-Handed-Giant-brewpub-Finzels-Reach-

Looks amazing, ordered some of their tropical IPAs.

Anyone been to Wylam’s brewery in Newcastle? It’s ridiculous in a slightly different way - they took over the site of an old war museum, a beautiful building.

image.thumb.jpeg.23d1cac9a363898b55d9b276940e1311.jpeg