Meh

League of Gentlemen

Yes, I've just gotten round to watching the first season. FUCKING SHIT. Except the jobcentre and lodger person bits. Why do people like this show so much?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOHNNY GOGOGO.

I'm definitely feeling it. LoG is great. It's just got a style of black humour that doesn't appeal to everyone.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOHNNY GOGOGO.

I'm definitely feeling it. LoG is great. It's just got a style of black humour that doesn't appeal to everyone.

Even watching it pissed didn't help much. Second season any better?

The first and second are pretty similar. The third is far more dark and weird.

If you didn't like the first you won't like the rest.

Which series had that pappa larou (definitely got that name wrong) character? or was he in more than one?

Anyway, LOG is fucking great although the nudist couple scare me quite a bit... :)

[quote name='thelostslug' date='Jun 7 2004, 09:32 PM'] Which series had that pappa larou (definitely got that name wrong) character? or was he in more than one?

Anyway, LOG is fucking great although the nudist couple scare me quite a bit... :) [/quote]
Papa Laaaaaaaaazarou was in the 2nd series, the Christmas special and makes a brief appearance in the 3rd series.
*cough*

Which series had that pappa larou (definitely got that name wrong) character? or was he in more than one?

Anyway, LOG is fucking great although the nudist couple scare me quite a bit... :)

Papa Lazarou was in series 2 I think. And he was brilliant.

Hello, Dave! (Whilst doing THE VOICE, obviously).

2nd series is the best.

The 3rd series, whilst entertaining in places, was a bit of a "pissing it all up the wall" scenario. The tried to be radically different and it was no where near as good. Especially the Papa Lazarou episode which was ruined by the god-awful "people inside animals" special effect.

2nd series is the best.

The 3rd series, whilst entertaining in places, was a bit of a "pissing it all up the wall" scenario. The tried to be radically different and it was no where near as good. Especially the Papa Lazarou episode which was ruined by the god-awful "people inside animals" special effect.

TRUOPINIONZ.

Which I agree with.

Papa Lazarou's story in the last series spoilt it a bit for me. What a rubbish ending.

Yeah. Worst bit of Series 3.

Some bits of 3 I really liked, though. Like the magic trick guy: "Maaam! I'm doin' me video!"

League Of Gents is awesome.

The only one I haven't got is the Live DVD they released, which I should be getting soon.

If you don't like it then try watching it sober so you can actually understand whats happening.

live dvd was £3 in fopp a while back.

this is because it really is awful. most of the sketches are repeated from the series, begging the question, "why?" and the new stuff simply isn't that strong. all in my opinon, natch.

series 1, 2 and the xmas special are where it's at.

I thought series 1 was great, but went downhill a lot towards the end. The last few episodes seem a bit tired, which is bizarre because they obviously had lots of material left (for the other series)

Series 2 came back with much darker stuff, and was better (and funnier) for it, and more consistent with its quality. The first two episodes of 2 are the best they've made IMO.

The Christmas special was a bit patchy, but some bits had me in stitches.

Series 3, though, I didn't really like it at all. Perhaps the characters and jokes were getting old or maybe it's because they changed the format, but personally, I think it's because they got rid of the laugh-track. Without the laugh-track it's just too heavy, and you (I) tend (perhaps) to miss the funnier side of the sketches.

most of the sketches are repeated from the series, begging the question, "why?"

Because they did live shows before doing the series?

From the commentaries, I get the impression that most of the material in series 1+2 was just taken straight from their live shows.

i just wished the DVD's excluded the CRINGE INDUCING CANNED LAUGHTER.

Yes, the show just didn't suit it at all. In fact, the first thing I said to my mate was, "can you turn that fucking laughing off?"

Hey, can we send this Meh back to the manufacturer and get another one? This one seems to be broken.

I blame Rez for breaking me. I blame it for everything bad in the world.