rllmuk

On 27/11/2019 at 21:59, carlospie said:

Are there any apps on android that will allow me to watch some popular anime for free? It’s easy watching whilst on the gym treadmill. I just finished blade of the immortal, it was very strange. 

Which series?, the latest one and genuinely interested why you thought it was strange?

On 01/12/2019 at 23:35, dug said:

Hmm. I'll keep going for now.

Well, I finished Evangelion, and....

Wtf was that?

I mean, what it seemed to be was 

Spoiler

a comment on how if you let go of your anxieties and self-doubt and self-loathing, and take the plunge into allowing yourself to open up to other people, then life will be better. All presented as a weird existential nightmare.

Which in and of itself is fine and dandy, but what the Jiminy Christ has any of that got to do with giant robots fighting aliens?

What a non sequitur! It feels like you could put that ending onto literally any anime series and it would make just as much sense. But then, I'm not ruling out the possibility that I'm and idiot and am missing something obvious. 

Also, is it me or are all of the lines of dialogue from the final episode made up of lines from previous episodes?

Please note I am not saying the ending is bad, I'm saying the ending is.... wha?

18 minutes ago, dug said:

No, not yet. Am I right in thinking that it's basically a retelling of the last few episodes only in more detail?

It shows you the events of the ending that are occurring outside of Shinji's brain.

23 hours ago, dug said:

No, not yet. Am I right in thinking that it's basically a retelling of the last few episodes only in more detail?

Keep going :lol: The films have a different take on the ending and flesh it out a bit more, proper mindbending stuff.  Yes it has all the usual tropes but the ending bits just blow all that away.

I watched the first couple of minutes last night, and it opens with Shinji visiting an unconscious Asuka in hospital, where he moves her, accidentally exposing her breasts, so he has a wank. :hmm:

• Upvote 1

Finished S1 of One-Punch Man on Netflix earlier today, can't find any details of them getting season 2 over here though :(

Don't worry, S2 is an immeasurable disappointment (incredibly bland, lacklustre animation). Do yourself a favour and read the redrawn manga by Murata!

4 minutes ago, imp said:

Don't worry, S2 is an immeasurable disappointment (incredibly bland, lacklustre animation). Do yourself a favour and read the redrawn manga by Murata!

Literally just bookmarked it in the Shonen Jump app (running out of space for books)

18 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Keep going :lol: The films have a different take on the ending and flesh it out a bit more, proper mindbending stuff.  Yes it has all the usual tropes but the ending bits just blow all that away.

I've watched it now and I'm glad I did because it has completely blown away any confusion I had over what was going on and what it all meant. It was as if a light was shone into the darkest corners of my mind, giving me complete clarity and understanding about the story as a whole, particularly the ending.

:unsure:

• Upvote 2

One Punch Man s2 is ok, but it just finishes half way through or at least you never really get a resolution that is satisfying. S1 is much better. S2 is on CrunchyRoll right?

Hunter x Hunter I am watching with the kid and it’s pretty fun. Dr Stone is excellent. Watched all of Attack on Titan the other week. That was a ride. 

I also rinsed the first 3 seasons of Bleach and unsure whether to continue. Apparently some seasons are decent? I enjoyed the first 3 but 4 jesus.

Anything else worth catching on Crunchyroll?

On 03/12/2019 at 18:24, carlospie said:

Yeh the amazon one. Just seemed to end all of a sudden and nothing particularly interesting happened in the series. Looked nice though. 

there might be some more episodes now, think they're one a week?

• Upvote 1

Guys, get on Vinland Saga (free on Prime)

It’s utterly epic. No fan service, no bullshit anime tropes. Good revenge story with no holds barred action reminiscent of the proper Berserk series.

Absolutely love it. 

• Upvote 4

There's also Rage of Bahamut - Genesis. I got it on DVD, after watching the Amazon show, and it's also pretty good fun. Different lead characters - although there are a couple of crossovers with the more immortal characters, like Bacchus. High quality animation.

Dunno if it's also on Amazon; don't think so.

Just watched an old DVD of Haibane Renmei that I've had for a while and never got around to finishing.

Really, really good - slow-paced, slightly mysterious and weird, but a satisfying story.

• Upvote 1

Probably Summer as they'd be pushing it hard if it was April around about now.  Rewatched Shield Hero in its entirety of the last few days, it's one of my fav Isekai's as its so addictive.

I’ve discovered Cowboy Bebop is on 4OD, and never having really watched it before properly I’m enjoying it very much indeed.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ZOK said:

I’ve discovered Cowboy Bebop is on 4OD, and never having really watched it before properly I’m enjoying it very much indeed.

Oh, so good.

Bleach turns to rubbish once the Aizen arc is over.

The Promised Neverland is well worth watching and My Hero Academia is a blast (well the source material for both is excellent and the animation looks great on youtube).