Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Lost - The Full Series Thread

This is the Lost thread. After six years of Lost it finally came to an end on Sunday 23rd May 2010. I present to you now all (as far as I know) Lost based threads that have existed on the forum.

The actual first thread was started by Laine but by doing a bit of merging I managed to alter what would have been the first post, to the post you're reading now. I hope Laine doesn't mind me stealing a little of her thunder as she would have been the original topic started had I not time travelled a little bit.

Goose.

Good news for Bit Torrenters!

An ace sounding new TV show for us all to download. Can't wait.

Tale of a Fateful Trip by James Poniewozik

J.J. Abram's spy fantasy Alias is not the smartest show on TV. It is perhaps something better: the smartest dumb show on TV. But writer-creator Abrams has competition this season-himself. Lost (ABC, Wednesdays, 8 p.m. E.T., debuts Sept. 22) has an even more ridiculous premise.

A transpacific flight crashes on a remote island, leaving a few dozen survivors of a type that suggests that the best protection against a 30,000-ft. drop is good hair and low body fat. The plane was a thousand miles off course and out of radio contact-the survivors are stranded. But not alone: at night the jungle chatters with the sounds of unseen, hungry and possibly supernatural creatures. Gilligan, meet Mulder and Scully.

As in Alias, Abrams sells the ludicrous setup with excellent casting (including Party of Five's Mathew Fox and The Lord of the Rings hobbit Dominic Monaghan) inventive details and sharp comic relief. A desert island is a hermetic setting-not much room for fun Quentin Tarantino cameos there. So Abrams loads up intriguing characters (a fugitive, an Iraqi Republican Guard veteran and so forth), gives them suprising secrets and continually subverts our ideas of who's good, who's bad and who can be trusted. Above all, Abrams understands that if you make your story a little farfetched, you'll lose the audience-but if you make it a lot farfetched, folks will play along. Lost's plot, like those of Alias, make you suspect Abrams has no clue where all this is going, but the fun is making your own guess. (Here's mine: at some point in the season a character will say, "This plane crash was no accident!") As long as the twists keep coming, these castaways should be in for a nice long wait. "

I love twisty turny TV.

Greg Grunberg is in it too!

Thoughts?

I quite like the sound of it, in a 'Land That Time Forgot' type way.

What was that cartoon with the marooned family....Valley Of The Dinosaurs. If it's like that, it'll be cool.

Hey there.

My mate brought this around on DVD the other day.

It's fuckin fantastic... Well I loved it anyway.

The pilot leaves you asking too many damn questions though... Can't wait to see where it goes.

And there are a MILLION ways it can go.

When wasting it it actually reminded me of the Stand by Steven king.

Despin out.

It certainly sounds interesting enough. Is Greg Grunberg the guy who plays Weiss? If so, I'm sold.

No downloading for me though, unfortunately, so I'll be waiting to see this.

Yeah, that's him.

Well, I'll be downloading it myself if my BB gets sorted in time.

I could try and put it on a dvd for you?

If not i'm sure I can get U-1 to do it.

How is your Alias watching going anyway?

;)

Hey there.

My mate brought this around on DVD the other day.

It's fuckin fantastic... Well I loved it anyway.

The pilot leaves you asking too many damn questions though... Can't wait to see where it goes.

And there are a MILLION ways it can go.

When wasting it it actually reminded me of the Stand by Steven king.

Despin out.

Oooooh! I trust you Despin so i'm really pleased.

I can't wait for the 22nd. He was working on this while doing Alias season 3 so if this is really good I can forgive him for letting season 3 suffer a bit.

Yeah, that's him.

How is your Alias watching going anyway?

;)

That would be top notch if you could do that – I'll obviously be happy to cover costs.

As for Alias, I'll be resuming tonight after my long weekend away. The last one I saw was episode 17, which was superb. Season 3 shouldn't be too long in getting here either.

I've also just had 24 Season 3 through, so I'll be making a start on that too shortly. Plenty of quality drama for me in the coming weeks...

Yeah, that's him.

Send me the torrent and I`ll d/l it...simple! :ph34r:

BTW wheres Greg in that promo shot? Is it the guy on the far right? If so, It looks nothing like him, unless hes lost a lot of weight.

Will be interesting to see if the tubby funnyman can carry his own show.

Well watched the pilot earlier and was pleasantly surprised.

It sets the scene perfectly, has a nice couple of twists and leaves you gagging to findout what happens next.

So far the characters seem ok, although you`ll just have to accept the fact that all the ugly people obviously died in the crash leaving only the stereotypical good looking people to fend for themselves. (except for the fat funny one :P )

and I still havent quite worked out which way its gonna go either. I figure It could be a bit Jurassic Parky or maybe along the lines of "The Island or Dr Moreau" (sp?) It hasnt really given enough away yet.

Roll on the next episodes....anyone know when they are on? Hitcher???

Well watched the pilot earlier and was pleasantly surprised.

It sets the scene perfectly, has a nice couple of twists and leaves you gagging to findout what happens next.

So far the characters seem ok, although you`ll just have to accept the fact that all the ugly people obviously died in the crash leaving only the stereotypical good looking people to fend for themselves. (except for the fat funny one :P )

and I still havent quite worked out which way its gonna go either. I figure It could be a bit Jurassic Parky or maybe along the lines of "The Island or Dr Moreau" (sp?) It hasnt really given enough away yet.

Roll on the next episodes....anyone know when they are on? Hitcher???

Yeah, it was ace!

I can't wait to see what happens. It'll have to be something big or else how would they stretch it to so many episodes?

Research facility gone wrong, I think.

Where'd you get the Torrent from mate SuprNova's been down?

I`ll send you the torrent files next time im on MSN.....erm if I havent deleted them already that is :huh:

Hey there.

It's weird. It's rare you have a show where you just don't have a fucking clue where it's going to go. At first it seems like a pretty generic idea. People stranded on a desert island has been done a million times... But by the end of that pilot you just have no idea what is going on or where it's going. It's fucked up.

Do you think a plane carrying animals crashed there before? Or maybe a boat that had genetically mutated super animals dumped it's load there one time when they thought they were going to be boarded...

OR maybe that big monster in the woods is a big red herring. Maybe a plane crashed there years before and the people that survived have created their own little paradise and don;t want these outsiders spoiling it so in a THE VILLAGE styleee pretend to be monsters to stop people coming near them???

Fucked if I know.. I just want to know. I hate having to wait for TV shows.

Despin out.

What has thrown me is the message for help that's been going for 16 years. I reckon maybe research facility gone wrong.

Like hidden in the mountain or something.

The village could be an idea, but how would that explain what ate the pilot?

I loved in the pilot episoe how it showed you what some of the people on the plane were doing before it crashed. Like the prisoner, and the rock star.

I'm intrigued by what the prisoner has been charged with, and also what the big bald guy (he's from Alias!) told the kid as his secret.

Maybe, the crash was deliberate, and they are being used as some kind of test subjects? To see if they can defeat this genetically created monster?

I can't wait to see what happens. I think it starts properly on the 22nd of this month.