IGNORED

Who wants to see a movie about Robbie Williams? (Better Man)

JohnC

Because they're making one for some reason. Not content with ridiculous spiders, snakes, etc., Australia are now inflicting this on the world. Directed by Michael Gracey, who directed The Greatest Showman and produced Rocketman. Now filming in Australia.

Williams will play one version of himself, with Jonno Davies playing him as a younger adult. Steve Pemberton, Alison Steadman, Damon Herriman, Kate Mulvany and Anthony Hayes also star.

Been reading Jon Ronson's Lost at Sea recently and there's a chapter about the time he went to a UFO convention with Robbie Williams and against all odds Robbie Williams comes across as a nice, down to earth, slightly troubled bloke.

That's all I have to say really. I still wouldn't want to watch a movie about the man.

Honestly I think Robbie is an interesting figure. He always seemed conflicted and uncomfortable about his role in the public eye - his music is wilfully shallow a lot of the time but with this weird vein of loneliness and desperation just underneath. There’s probably a good story to be told here, it just depends on how honest they’re able to be.