IGNORED

Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - Voting thread - (read the rules) - Voting closed (read the rules anyway)

Benny

How should games be scored?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tentatively...

1. Elden Ring

2. Fallout 3

3. The Last of Us

4. Championship Manager 97/98

5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

6. Resident Evil 4

7. Mario Kart 64

8. Bioshock

9. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

10. Half-Life 2

11. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

12. Peggle

13. California Games

14. What Remains of Edith Finch

15. International Superstar Soccer 64

16. Mass Effect (video game)

17. Destiny

18. Dishonored

19. The Witcher 3

20. Ico

Bubbling under, but might make the final cut - Singularity, Binary Domain, Goldeneye, 

@Stopharage Make sure the game titles march their wikipedia article titles exactly, or they won't be counted. E.g. you need to list it as "Mass Effect (video game)", not just "Mass Effect": 

Screenshot_20220518-225646_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.64f0fe19dc97396117aac791e59496d7.jpg

1 minute ago, Wiper said:

@Stopharage Make sure the game titles march their wikipedia article titles exactly, or they won't be counted. E.g. you need to list it as "Mass Effect (video game)", not just "Mass Effect": 

Screenshot_20220518-225646_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.64f0fe19dc97396117aac791e59496d7.jpg

Will do, initial placeholder so I’ll go through it all lest I face the wrath of Benny. 

1. Super Mario 64

2. Out Run

3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

4. Sensible World of Soccer

5. Daytona USA

6. World of Warcraft

7. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2

8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

9. Sega Rally Championship

10. Rez (video game)

11. Ico

12. Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi

13. F-Zero X

14. Super Hexagon

15. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

16. OutRun 2

17. Tempest 2000

18. Shenmue (video game)

19. Stunt Car Racer

20. Madden NFL '95

2 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Tentatively...

1. Elden Ring

2. Fallout 3

3. The Last of Us

4. Championship Manager 97/98

5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

6. Resident Evil 4

7. Mario Kart 64

8. Bioshock

9. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

10. Half-Life 2

11. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

12. Peggle

13. California Games

14. What Remains of Edith Finch

15. International Superstar Soccer 64

16. Mass Effect

17. Destiny

18. Dishonored

19. The Witcher 3

20. Ico

Bubbling under, but might make the final cut - Singularity, Binary Domain, Goldeneye, 

I mean this list is a piece of me. Binary Domain! The most underrated shooter ever, with phenomenal art direction. Modern Warfare always makes me smile too. Some of the best missions in gaming history. Lightning in a bottle was that game. 

1. EarthBound

2. Super Mario Bros. 3 

3. F-Zero GX

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Super Monkey Ball (video game)

6. Skies of Arcadia

7. Flashback (1992 video game)

8. Final Fantasy IV

9. Wipeout HD

10. Mario Kart 8

11. Killer7

12. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

13. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

14. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

15. Resident Evil

16. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

17. Metal Slug

18. Super Mario Sunshine

19. New Super Mario Bros. U

20. Peggle

4 hours ago, Giles said:

1. EarthBound

2. Super Mario Bros. 3 

3. F-Zero GX

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Super Monkey Ball (video game)

6. Skies of Arcadia

7. Flashback (1992 video game)

8. Final Fantasy IV

9. Wipeout HD

10. Mario Kart 8

11. Killer7

12. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

13. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

14. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

15. Resident Evil

16. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

17. Metal Slug

18. Super Mario Sunshine

19. New Super Mario Bros. U

20. Peggle

I can literally imagine your journey through the console generations with that list. Seems like you started out with NES, then SNES, then PSone and then Gamecube (perhaps with the Dreamcast inbetween?). 

Hoping this won't cause loads of people to go and change their lists (sorry @Benny) but skimming through the entries, one title I expected to see more of is Witcher 3. People were acting as though it was the best thing since sliced bread a few years back. Has it not stood the test of time or just been forgotten about? 

9 hours ago, Broken Thumbs said:

16. OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast

I think most people have settled on "Outrun 2" for the naming convention, if you'd prefer to edit this. Everyone will know you're talking about 2006. :) 

36 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Hoping this won't cause loads of people to go and change their lists (sorry @Benny) but skimming through the entries, one title I expected to see more of is Witcher 3. People were acting as though it was the best thing since sliced bread a few years back. Has it not stood the test of time or just been forgotten about? 

I think off the back of this it would be really interesting to look at:

• The winners losers from yearly votes which make it into the overall top 100.
    Where do the winners not make it but lower positions do? Are the winners sometimes a flash in the pan that later reflection cools.

• How the all time lists of the forum have shifted over time.
    I think, from searching a few weeks back when this was posted, we've done this exercise 3 times before? 2017, 2015 and 2006/7? Something like that. Where have games climbed the list? How many true new entries are there? And does change mean anything or just a reflection of current mood/sentiment of the evolving set of members here (As if! We're the same set of sad bastards as always. New blood isn't a thing).

1. Streets of Rage 2
2. Odin Sphere Leifdrasir
3. Deathsmiles
4. Yakuza 0
5. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
7. Elevator Action Returns
8. Battle Garegga
9. Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi
10. Sonic the Hedgehog (1991 video game)
11. Magical Drop III
12. DoDonPachi Resurrection
13. The Last Blade 2
14. Final Fantasy VII
15. X-Men vs. Street Fighter
16. Twinkle Star Sprites
17. Metal Slug 2
18. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
19. Fallout 3
20. Diablo III

I've probably missed something out here, but this will be my final list.

11 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I think off the back of this it would be really interesting to look at:

• The winners losers from yearly votes which make it into the overall top 100.
    Where do the winners not make it but lower positions do? Are the winners sometimes a flash in the pan that later reflection cools.

• How the all time lists of the forum have shifted over time.
    I think, from searching a few weeks back when this was posted, we've done this exercise 3 times before? 2017, 2015 and 2006/7? Something like that. Where have games climbed the list? How many true new entries are there? And does change mean anything or just a reflection of current mood/sentiment of the evolving set of members here (As if! We're the same set of sad bastards as always. New blood isn't a thing).

Just like last time, I will include previous top 100 position to show change. Though I will base it on where it would sit in the previous scoring method for comparison.

General note: if entries share scores, the original ranking method score will be the tie breaker (list ranking tilt). If that matches, I will use Metacritic score as next tie break, or my own discretion.

1. Dark Souls

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

3. Super Mario World

4. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames!

5. Ico

6. Final Fantasy VI

7. F-Zero X

8. Metroid Prime 

9. EarthBound

10. Mario Kart 8

11. Super Monkey Ball (video game)

12. Yakuza 0

13. Resident Evil (2002 video game)

14. Resident Evil 4

15. Super Metroid

16. Tetris Effect

17. Rez (video game)

18. Shadow of the Colossus

19. Hollow Knight

20. Elden Ring

1. Elden Ring

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

3. World of Warcraft

4. Final Fantasy VII

5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

7. Super Mario Galaxy

8. Bloodborne

9. Half-Life 2

10. Metroid Prime

11. Resident Evil 4

12. Portal (video game)

13. Halo: Combat Evolved

14. Ico

15. Super Mario World

16. Yoshi's Island

17. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

18. F-Zero X

19. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

20. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Honourable mentions in no particular order:

Spoiler

Journey

Pro Evolution Soccer 4

Shadow of the Colossus

Mario Kart 8

Super Metroid

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Advance Wars

Metal Gear Solid

Return of the Obra Dinn

Minecraft

Rocket League

What Remains of Edith Finch

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

I've done this in a rush, frankly.  I know I've missed some games that are important to me, but in the spirit of getting something in, here's my list.

1. Shadow of the Colossus

2. Deus Ex (video game)

3. Portal 2

4. Half-Life 2

5. Shenmue II

6. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

7. System Shock 2

8. Control (video game)

9. Planescape: Torment

10. To the Moon

11. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

12. Spec Ops: The Line

13. Elden Ring

14. Gone Home

15. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

16. Mass Effect (video game)

17. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

18. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

19. Rocksmith 2014

20. Total War: Warhammer II

These might not be the best games of all time, but they are my favorite games of all time (leaving aside the fact that I've almost certainly forgotten a few.)  I guess I tend to like games that make me feel something, that draw me in with an atmosphere, a story, or by putting me in a particular situation, rather than ones where they enjoyment lies in pressing the buttons or performing the video game's prescribed tasks efficiently.  

Shadow of the Colossus

A beautiful game.  Not just to look at, but in every way concievable.  The game puts you in the shoes of a tragic villain, who commits terrible deeds out of desparation in an attempt to do something that they think is good.  The colossi are magnificent, and the battles with them suitably epic.  The fact that inbetween these battles, there is very little else but exploration of a vast foggy land is genius.  There's still nothing else like it.

Deus Ex

From the very first level on Liberty Island I was hooked, I knew this was a game that would stay with me until the day I die.  It wasn't the first game that gave you branching paths and different ways to accomplish your goals, but it's possibly still the best.  It's also probably the best cyberpunk story ever told.

Portal 2

Not many games succeed in being funny, but Portal 2 certainly does.  The dialogue that never fails to surprise, the absurdity of the level design, with it's ridiculously vast chambers miles underground, the characters, and the general air of gleeful malice - all are perfect.  The fact that the core game is the most perfect puzzle game ever concieved also helps.

Half-Life 2

Still my favorite first person shooter ever.  You tend to forget the sheer variety of it, with the tense shoot-outs in the streets, the glorious crazed boat chases, complete with explosive physics-based slapstick, and of course the sheer terror of Ravenholm.  No wonder Valve never finished the series - they knew they couldn't top this.

Shenmue II

I just love spending time in the world of Shenmue, and with it's wonderful characters.  It was a toss of a coin whether it should be this game or the first one, but I went with this one.  I'm still vacillating, though, because the first game had Nozomi, the kitten, the trawling of bars for sailors, and didn't have the box-shifting with that twat Delin.  However the second game had Ren, crumbling tower-blocks, some great chase sequences, and the duck racing.  It also solidified Ryo's character not as a driven hero, but as a complete idiot.  He's surrounded by characters telling him that what he's doing is stupid, but he still plods on his ill-concieved path to certain doom.  What a dolt.

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

Another funny game, maybe the funniest ever.  Great puzzles, great characters, great spitting contests.  The first and third games in the series sit here with it in spirit, as they're all fantastic.

System Shock 2

The game that made me realise that I was a pathetic insect.  Partly because Shodan pointed it out to me, and partly because I genuinely spent half an hour while playing it crouched behind a barrel because I was scared that there was a rumbler down the hallway.

Control

A mind-twisting story set in a stunning environment.  The setting is a star here, a physics-defying sprawling office building, which combines the familiarity of the mundane with an incredible sense of wrongness.  Then within this, there are the touches of humour, the brilliant use of music, and the fun psychic powers.  It can get a bit frustrating from time to time, but overall it's a brilliant game, and a throwback to when games could be superb self-contained (largely) linear single player experiences.

Planescape: Torment

Just wonderful writing.  There are several novels worth of dialogue in this game, all serving to tell the tale of the Nameless One.  There's not much more to say - it's a great story, a great setting, solid 1990s D&D game gameplay, with the clever addition of the main character being unkillable and endlessly respeccable.  It still stands up today and it has an enhanced edition available.  Play it if you haven't already done so.

To the Moon

There are very few games that have made me cry, because I'm so butch, but this is one of them.  No combat, not really any puzzles, just a wonderful, heartbreaking story told through the medium of a NES-era RPG.  It's just so sad.  <sob>

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Lots of games try to cast the player as a conflicted chosen one, who wields an emerging mysterious dark power and may use it for good or evil, but none do it as well as the Baldur's Gate series.  You're the heir of the god of quite literally murder.  You also hang around with a good-natured warrior with a pet hamster named Boo, who he conceals about his person in mysterious circumstances during battle.  The characters are brilliant, the writing up there with Planescape: Torment, and the D&D combat satisfyingly explosive.

Spec Ops: The Line

Few games talk to the player about video games so eloquently.  The Line is sometimes spoken about as a clever anti-war shooter that's a bit average as a game, but this is, frankly, horseshit.  First of all, it's actually really good as a game - it has intense gunfights and absolutely stunning environments.  It's also not quite an anti-war game - it's an anti-war-game game.  It's explicitely critical of the Call Of Duty sort of game, of those types of games' glorification of armed conflict and the asinine "moral choices" they give players.  There's a moment where the player is confronted and trapped by a crowd of angry civilians who are quite justified in their desire to rip the main character limb from limb, and how you react to this will tell you stuff about yourself.  At the end the game's villain essentially addresses the player and questions their insistance on pushing forward.  Literally pushing the stick forward.  A misunderstood masterpiece.

Elden Ring

I've tried with Souls games in the past, but I've always bounced off.  To blame the difficulty would be a red herring - my problem was more with how repetitive these games would get.  You'd find yourself wasting time making the same run from a bonfire down the same corridor towards the same death.  The difficultly isn't the punishing thing - it's the boredom.  Elden Ring fixes this by giving you possibilities.  You can go off in another direction.  Any other direction.  Since it came out, I haven't played anything else.  When I'm not playing it, I'm quite often browsing the wiki or watching youtube videos with guides to builds.  No game makes you feel like a warrior like Elden Ring does.  When you down a difficult boss by timing a dodge and strike perfectly, it makes you feel like a skilled fighter, in a way that no other game manages.  On top of the satisfying combat, the variety and strangeness of the world is frequently jaw-dropping.  It would probably be higher in my list if it wasn't for some technical flaws.  It's such a shame that such a wonderful game can be damaged by something as stupid as an anti-cheat system, but for me and many others, it is.  I don't know why this is, and why it doesn't affect everyone, but for some of us, every time the anti-cheat phones home to the server, the game freezes for a second, then catches up with a few frames of speeded-up motion.  Try timing a dodge against the Fire Giant with that happening.  I should get an extra achievement for beating that guy in those circumstances.  It's cost you a shot at the number 1 spot, Elden Ring.

Gone Home

I love Gone Home.  I don't know if most people dismissed it as another walking simulator, or fixated on the trick it pulls by invoking horror games, but I doubt if anyone else has included this in their top 20.  It's in mine though, for how affecting the storytelling is, and how passionate and human the sentiments are.  It also intruduced me to the song Complicated by Heavens To Betsy, which is now one of my favorite songs, but that's by the by.  I don't think there are any other games about the Riot Grrl movement, but on this showing, perhaps there should be more.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Yep, it's the twist.  Wow.  The most impactful moment in video games history (stick that up your recharge socket, Aeris.)  But even leaving that aside, it's an amazing, epic story, arguably the best story ever told in the Star Wars universe.  And it has HK-47, meatbag.

Mass Effect (video game)

I've gone for the first in the series because it's just about my own personal favorite, above the botched landing of the third and the somewhat intersticial second, although I absolutely love both of those.  I love the fleshing out of Tali's character in the second game for example.  This has the moment when the Normandy leads the fleet in to save the Citadel, as well as the coolest moog music, and the introduction of all the great memorable sci-fi settings and ideas.  Nothing else in the series quite matches up to how it feels to explore the Citadel for the first time.  The game's biggest flaw, and one it shares with KOTOR, is the way your two tag-along crew members stand behind you on either side all the time.  It just looks so stupid, especially in cut-scenes when Shepard sits down.  Bioware still do this, as far as I know.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Epic set-pieces, witty wise-cracks, blockbuster fun, and a genuinely emotional ending.  What's not to like?  The Uncharted series is a lot of fun, in spite of it's main character, Drake, being history's most prolific murderer and destroyer of historical sites.  I wonder if his glib uncaring attitude to the lives of men who have simply been employed to guard a museum will be captured in the film.  The action and parkour sequences are fine, but the real fun of these games is the crazy scenarios they put you in - leaping from truck to truck in a wild chase through a third-world town, riding a collapsing building down to the ground without getting squished by a giant bell, that sort of thing.  Then there's the ending.  Arguably the most perfect ending to a video game series ever.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The first few dozen hours perfectly capture the feeling of setting off on an adventure.  The fun settings and characters, and just the joy of traversing the world are all lovely.  Then there's the puzzle dungeons, which both present a challenge and teach the player how to approach situations in the overworld.  It's all close to perfect.  I have a feeling some people will have a problem with it being so "low" in my list, but this is a list of all the best games of ALL TIME so even being on the list means it's a masterpiece.  It just doesn't mean as much to me personally as some of the other games above it.

Rocksmith 2014

A personal choice, but this game got me to pick up my guitar again for the first time in years, and rekindled my love of playing the instrument, as well as teaching me a few new songs.  I learned how to play every note of Motorcycle Emptiness during lockdown thanks to this game.

Total War: Warhammer II

I haven't played enough of the third game to know if it surpasses this, so perhaps if Elden Ring hadn't got it's teeth into me, that would be here instead of this.  For me, the Warhammer series are the best of the Total War games.  They add a lot to the actual battlefield sections, especially if you're the kind of person who doesn't know what a halberd actually is.  This game is twice what it was at launch, as it now includes the Mortal Empires campaign, which adds the map from the first game onto it's own to create the most massive, excessive map ever seen in a TW game, and a campaign that will last hundreds of hours, and which I reckon might be virtually unwinnable, but in a good way.

A few that were close but just missed out:

Mario Odyssey - The best Mario game, and something I bonded with my son over.  Great controls and levels, and an admirable level of sheer silliness.

Red Dead Redemption - So much atmosphere.  Wonderful exploration, some stunning moments, and a great ending.

Metroid Prime - The most chilled game ever.  I still listen to the soundrack, especially Phendrana Drifts.

Wind Waker - Perhaps this should be in instead of Breath of the Wild.  BotW is objectively a better game, but this feels like a slice of pure joy.

The Witcher 3 - Great writing, stunning worldbuilding.  However, I never finished it, not even close.  The combat is not great, and the game kept putting combat roadblocks in front of me.  One of them eventually stopped me completely.

Slime Rancher - My son and I rinsed this, finding every collectable, reaching spots on the map you probably weren't supposed to be able to reach.  Not a complex game, it's sort of slight in terms of being a farming simulator, but it has huge pink cats that bounce around and swamp you.

Beat Saber - Sheer VR joy.  

Half Life: Alyx - Sheer VR terror.

Bioshock - Still an epochal journey through one of the most memorable game settings of all time.

Elite Dangerous - Astonishingly immersive.  It misses out because there is simultaneously too much and too little to do in the game.

X-Com: Enemy Unknown - An amazing update to a series.  Other games have tried to replicate it's tactical play, but none have quite captured the sheer tension, or the tragedy of losing your favorite Argentinian sniper, who you've had in your team from the first mission.

Shadowrun Dragonfall - Kind of a cross between the RPG storytelling of Baldur's Gate and a watered-down version of the combat from X-Com.  Surprisingly amazing.

Day of the Tentacle - There's essentially nothing to choose between this and the Monkey Island games.  This is very funny, and the time-travel shenanegans of the puzzles is incredibly clever.

Prey (2017) - A forgotten one that I'm editing in.  This is like Arkane's love letter to the System Shock and Bioshock series' and it's completely wonderful.  No other game has given me such an overpowering fear of mugs.

Tie Fighter - This might have made the top 20 but I forgot about it, goddammit.  Incredible gameplay, and the storytelling is quite something too.  The betrayal mission is an early example of what immersive video game storytelling could be.

3 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I think most people have settled on "Outrun 2" for the naming convention, if you'd prefer to edit this. Everyone will know you're talking about 2006. :) 

OutRun 2 👍

3 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Is that because single-player adventure games tend to lack long-term appeal? I'm also not seeing as many votes for, say, Mass Effect 2 or Skyrim, as I would have expected. It's only really the Zeldas that tend to last the test of time in lists like these (and even then, only a couple of classics from the series), and most people seem to be picking more replayable fare in general, stuff they genuinely revisit time and time again.

I'm sure Elden Ring will do really well this time around, but less so in five years' time.

5 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Is that because single-player adventure games tend to lack long-term appeal? I'm also not seeing as many votes for, say, Mass Effect 2 or Skyrim, as I would have expected. It's only really the Zeldas that tend to last the test of time in lists like these (and even then, only a couple of classics from the series), and most people seem to be picking more replayable fare in general, stuff they genuinely revisit time and time again.

I'm sure Elden Ring will do really well this time around, but less so in five years' time.

My list is almost entirely single-player games which I have played through once. :D

Many of them are from around 20 years ago too, so in my mind at least, they have stood the test of time.

11 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Slightly related but not: Nier Automata was released in 2017 and went straight into my top 20 when we did the 2017 top 100, but it's dropped out of my shortlist this year. I still think it's a perfectly good game but I've been less inclined to go back to it. In contrast, I revisited P4G and Bloodborne this year and they definitely hold up.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. The Last of Us Part II

3. Subnautica

4. Bloodborne

5. The Witness (2016 video game)

6. Returnal (video game)

7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

8. Half-Life 2

9. Final Fantasy VII Remake

10. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

11. XCOM 2

12. Fallout: New Vegas

13. Hollow Knight

14. Portal 2

15. Prey (2017 video game)

16. Resident Evil 2 (2019 video game)

17. Undertale

18. Super Mario Galaxy

19. Alien: Isolation

20. Outer Wilds

Almost made it in:

Spoiler

Sunless Sea
Stardew Valley
Inside
Final Fantasy XIV
Return of the Obra Dinn
Elden Ring
Metal Gear Solid 5
Zelda Breath of the Wild

Apex Legends

Dead Space

Tetris Effect

Halo: Combat Evolved

Counter Strike

Ico

Metroid Prime

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Sorry, I forgot about Outer Wilds and have replaced my 20th place (was Apex Legends) with that. Honestly I'd put Outer Wilds higher but I can't be arsed to shuffle it all around :lol:

46 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

1.  Shadow of the Colossus

2. Deus Ex (video game)

3. Portal 2

4. Half-Life 2

5. Shenmue II

6. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

7. System Shock 2

8. Control (video game)

9. Planescape: Torment

10. To the Moon

11. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

12. Spec Ops: The Line

13. Elden Ring

14. Gone Home

15. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

16. Mass Effect (video game)

17. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

18. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

19. Rocksmith 2014

20. Total War: Warhammer II

:lol:

Haha yeah, lots of 2s.  That's often the sweet spot in a series - a refinement of the ideas from the first game, and before the law of diminishing returns sets in.  I could have gone for Mass Effect 2 as well, and Rocksmith 2014 is a sequel as well, so that's another 2 really.

1. Halo: Combat Evolved
2. F-Zero X 
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4. Shadow of the Colossus 
5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
7. Journey (2012 video game)
8. Final Fantasy VI 

9. Chrono Trigger 

10. Mother 3

11. Super Mario World
12. Super Mario Kart 
13. Kid Icarus: Uprising
14. Contra III: The Alien Wars
15. Rock n' Roll Racing
16. Rhythm Tengoku
17. The Last of Us 

18. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
19. The Walking Dead (video game)
20. Half-Life 2

5 minutes ago, Flow said:

19. The Walking Dead (video game)

It's easy to forget how good season 1 of the Walking Dead was at the time. Coincidentally I ran into this playthrough on Youtube last night and the end of season 1 is absolutely heartwrenching, one of the best emotional scenes in all of gaming!

Spoiler

• Benny changed the title to Rllmuk Top 100 Games 2022 - Voting thread - (read the rules) - Voting closed (read the rules anyway)
  • BadgerFarmer unpinned this topic