IGNORED

Your most prized retro item

CovisGod

My one of a kind GBC that's been painted and signed by NYC artists Futura2000 & Stash. Won it for £70 at a charity auction believe it or not.

Apart from that I don't have too many rare special items but shrink wrapped MIB copies of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (both pokéwalker editions), seem to fetch a tidy sum these days. I bought them on release and never got round to actually playing them.

My Kirby Planet Robobot nendoroid and shrink wrapped ThreeA Metal Gear REX model as well.

I sold Alien Soldier for £20 about 15 years ago though :(

I don't really have much retro stuff. 

A Dreamcast and a Yoda chipped Xbox in the loft. Although I'm not sure I could even connect that to a modern TV. 

A 3DS and a Gameboy Advance and that's about it.

Had a few ps2 games which were semi rare, Rez and Ico with the art cards but I've not seen them for years, probably lost in a move. 

Had a Neo Geo Pocket Color which I sold here. 

So long story short, not much. 

Probably my Sega Mark III Paddle Controller, which I bought myself for Christmas a few years ago. Always wanted one, ever since I first got into SMS emulation back in the mid 90s and discovered some of the weird games that only worked with it. It’s unnecessary, ace, and has that beautiful white industrial design language Sega used from the SG-1000 Mk.2 onwards.

I don’t have much from “back in the day”, mostly due to not wanting anything to do with crappy PAL versions once I discovered the NTSC truth via emulation.

Not overly valuable, but I have official mega drive wireless controllers from the 90s. Don’t appear to be too common. 

also, I saw a photo not long ago of an EB store front with Snatcher for the mega cd slashed in price from £39.99 to something like £9.99. 

A whole shelf of them. 

I bought Snatcher, Guardian Heroes and Castlevania Symphony of the night for a pittance over a summer at just one local boot and sold the lot to pay for crappy student nights out 18 or so years ago. I probably barely got £80 all in. They were some of the first things I ever sold on eBay.

You bet I regret that

Up there with trading in my entire Dreamcast collection (40+ games and arcades sticks) for an Xbox and halo on its launch day and selling my neo geo pocket color collection off for next to nothing as I stopped playing games for a few years

12 minutes ago, Spartan said:

my entire Dreamcast collection (40+ games and arcades sticks) for an Xbox and halo on its launch day

I swapped mine, and two sticks, for an ATI 1600XT. Back in the day.

Mind you I swapped my (first) Saturn collection for an Xbox...

2 hours ago, Droo said:

Not overly valuable, but I have official mega drive wireless controllers from the 90s. Don’t appear to be too common. 

also, I saw a photo not long ago of an EB store front with Snatcher for the mega cd slashed in price from £39.99 to something like £9.99. 

A whole shelf of them. 

I got my copy of Terrnigma from EB in one of those mad day's of reductions, it was £14.95.... still got it amazingly!

I've never been especially sentimental about this sort of thing - possibly because if I was, I'd have harmed myself with all the stuff I've flogged over the years (I never should have sold my Ninja Spirits arcade board :( ).

Still, I have complete copies of the Spectrum versions of Lords of Midnight and Doomdark's Revenge (with the plastic keyboard overlays and the manuals etc), and I'd never sell 'em (I doubt they'd sell for much anyway!).

Best Spectrum games ever made as far as I'm concerned.

Haha it seems many of us have sold our collections only to hugely regret it later.. we should make a pact not to let others do the same with prized games!

Among the things I've let go, these would be some I wish I'd kept:

• Saturn collection inc stuff like PDS, Radiant Silvergun, Elevator Action etc.
  • N64 with all the "big" games (minty)
  • Steel Battalion (super minty)
  • Jet Set Radio (NTSC/J with the gorgeous cover art)
  • Chrono Trigger (NTSC/U)
  • Ico (limited edition cardboard one, inc. the postcard set)

Looking through the list of what I had there's a lot of stuff I can very easily live without or happily emulate.. including most of my DC collection if I'm honest.. Keep the important ones, guys!