IGNORED

Nobody Saves the World - new game from Drinkbox (Guacamelee) - PC, XBox, Gamepass, 18th Jan

BadgerFarmer

I’ve not been near my pc for a few days (Covid related headaches), but I’ve been listening to Jim Guthrie’s amazing soundtrack for this. I always check out his games… Below and S&S being particular favourites. Looking forward to playing this soon!

His soundtrack for Indie Game: The Movie is also exceptional. And that main theme for Planet Coaster is one of the happiest, catchiest tunes ever written!

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

Check your passive abilities for one that makes this dungeon trivial 

Hide contents

It’s one of the egg abilities to reduce damage taken 

Is it the hardened shell one?

I’ve just opened the 2nd half of the map - so much stuff to do !!! Best of all it’s mixing up the modifiers for the dungeons so I can’t just brute force with my mega slug and a couple of select buffs.  
 Working hard to unlock the necromancer but I need the strongman at A class and the entire rogue build before I’m near that - best of all it’s only so I can do a fact mission to resurrect a dead slug. 

Have to say that I'm enjoying to delightfully stupid tone of this.  Only up to the Slug and Horse forms.  The mechanics of both are great.

I'm not looking forward to getting harder.  I'll probably lose interest if I can't cheese my way through it. :)

It keeps it fresh though - there’s grind but it’s always around improving forms or doing daft quests, the repeatable quests also mean that by just playing you end up levelling stats constantly. 
They have the balance perfectly right so far and I’ve put a stupid amount of time in since it launched !!

The loop is perfectly judged for the most part, so just as you've got used to one form or ability another one opens up. It's very clever as an RPG in that instead of being overwhelmed by all the quests it piles on you just complete them in the course of having fun with the game. I never felt the need for any major goal or objective to motivate me to keep grinding. It's an enjoyable end in itself.

13 hours ago, Mortis said:

Well it’s my GOTY so far ;) and it’ll take a really big step to beat it if it keeps up like this for the rest of the game. 

Same. 

Having trouble doing the quest for horse "gallop for 10 secs without stopping or taking damage"

I have the horse fully upgraded as much as possible and figure out how to do this one. 

27 minutes ago, Ry said:

Same. 

Having trouble doing the quest for horse "gallop for 10 secs without stopping or taking damage"

I have the horse fully upgraded as much as possible and figure out how to do this one. 

The Witches track?

2 hours ago, Ry said:

Same. 

There's a passive ability

Spoiler

you can buy from the shop (I think) which converts HP to mana once mana runs out. I did it with that.

On 21/01/2022 at 13:18, Nosejam said:

Check your passive abilities for one that makes this dungeon trivial 

Reveal hidden contents

It’s one of the egg abilities to reduce damage taken 

Of course. I hadn't thought of that. I really should have since I'd already used that same skill to complete one of the other side quests.

Spoiler

The rat puncher challenge.

3 hours ago, Scruff said:

The Witches track?

You do not have enough time. Basically the gallop doesn't last 10 seconds.

2 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

There's a passive ability

Hide contents

you can buy from the shop (I think) which converts HP to mana once mana runs out. I did it with that.

Thanks! That will work

Still not done the one punch rat quest yet. I'm guessing you need to be S Rank. 

I did just unluck the robot and really like him. Bodybuilder is my favourite though got him to an S Rank earlier. 

Well I just S ranked the egg. Was excited to unlock the Dragon. Then realised damn it need to unlock two other whole characters first. 

This game is bloody brilliant and I think thanks to the eggs ability I think I just worked out how to do two quests I was struggling with. 

1 hour ago, Ry said:

You do not have enough time. Basically the gallop doesn't last 10 seconds.

Thanks! That will work

Still not done the one punch rat quest yet. I'm guessing you need to be S Rank. 

I did just unluck the robot and really like him. Bodybuilder is my favourite though got him to an S Rank earlier. 

My OH did it well before that. She says 

Spoiler

You need to unlock the egg

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

My OH did it well before that. She says 

Hide contents

You need to unlock the egg

Ah right. Use the Eggs passive. 

There's so much obvious stuff I forget about in regards to all the abilities. 

I'm close to unlocking the dragon and looking forward to seeing what it has. 

I'm level 45 at the moment and put in maybe 15 hours. Maybe have another 10 to go. 

I plan on getting all! He achievements and 100% it. Something I rarely do. This game reminds me of Hades in how it has sucked me in and I can't stop. I'm always having fun in the game and never bored. 

I finished this today and loved every minute of it. Took 22 hours and I got every achievement except for levelling all to S rank and complete NG+.

When you finish there is new game+ which mixes things up by adding extra enemy abilities and all the baddies scale to your level. Only did a bit but seems extremely hard in the dungeons! Thankfully you can also load a save just before the last boss which I’ve done so I can S rank all the classes and give NG+ another go after.

Also played a bit of co-op with the lad which works well but was very laggy (no couch co op which is a massive shame)

So glad I gave this a go after @Ry said it was good. Honestly the best game I’ve played since Returnal last year. Wonderful stuff. 

On 21/01/2022 at 09:19, QuackQuack said:

Another new game where I can’t see what the hell is going on.

Why is everything so small? Is there an option to zoom in?

Sorry

I'm near the end. 

Don't want it to end. There's a bunch of secret secret achievements I need to get and no idea what they are for. 

Will probably finish it off later tonight. Going to level up each character to S first. 

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

I'm near the end. 

Don't want it to end. There's a bunch of secret secret achievements I need to get and no idea what they are for. 

Will probably finish it off later tonight. Going to level up each character to S first. 

I've only S ranked one character so far and that is the Robot because it's ridiculously easy as other than b eing large and slow, the Robot is an absolute engine of destruction and hilariously fun.

1 minute ago, Scruff said:

I've only S ranked one character so far and that is the Robot because it's ridiculously easy as other than b eing large and slow, the Robot is an absolute engine of destruction and hilariously fun.

Yeah the Robot is great. Robot and Bodybuilder have been rinsing the end game dungeons for me. 

I can't think of anything in the 15 hours or so that I've played so far that would be inappropriate. There's a couple of bits of innuendo but it's pretty tame and likely would go over a kids head.

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

Fun game this but I hate when I am forced to use the rat. Rat is just shit.

You are not forced to use anyone if you play it for a bit. 

I'm peeved. I have one more mana fairy to find and I have no clue where it could be. I have cleared every possible part of the map including underground. 

Even used a map guide online and double checked a bunch and it's not there. It's driving me mad.