IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

So.  Do we think that Hamilton managed to stay ahead of George due to being able to get first dibs on pit calls as the lead car this time or was he genuinely faster.  Or was it all luck of the draw due to the number of safety cars periods we had?

A bit of both. 

He had the pace after the second safety car to stay ahead, but he got there because of the safety cars, and having a slightly better starting position. 

The merc is in a battle with alpine, for best of the rest during the race. Alpine are hampered by an old man and dullness personified in ocon. 

During qualifying, then alfatauri, hass and maybe mclaren all have good quali cars with a bit of luck. I wouldn't say there was a clear pecking order behind redbull and ferrari. 

It's very much depends on the track and who gets set up right in the day. 

Not content with torpedoing his own F1 prospects by cracking under pressure at every opportunity in F2, Juri Vips has been suspended from all activities by the Red Bull junior program because he said a word he should have fully known he doesn’t have any business saying live on a Twitch stream.

Yes, that word. Idiot.

2 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Not content with torpedoing his own F1 prospects by cracking under pressure at every opportunity in F2, Juri Vips has been suspended from all activities by the Red Bull junior program because he said a word he should have fully known he doesn’t have any business saying live on a Twitch stream.

Yes, that word. Idiot.

Clearly they dont see him as their future like Max and his various racist outbursts…..

7 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Clearly they dont see him as their future like Max and his various racist outbursts…..

Vips is done. 

Outside of the Stroll episode has Max been caught sting bad things then?

9 hours ago, mexos said:

Outside of the Stroll episode has Max been caught sting bad things then?

He must have. "Various" means several. Several racist outbursts. Remind us of them @Shimmyhill

On 20/06/2022 at 20:24, rafaqat said:

So.  Do we think that Hamilton managed to stay ahead of George due to being able to get first dibs on pit calls as the lead car this time or was he genuinely faster.  Or was it all luck of the draw due to the number of safety cars periods we had?

I don't think you can compare Ham/Rus pace and performance on an individual weekend basis like this. They're trying so many things with setup and I can't remember a weekend where I didn't hear they were running different parts or doing various different experimental things. Also they've had very differing luck. If I had to guess I would say Lewis is roughly a tenth or two faster in race pace, but in qualifying it's quite even. But I don't think it's really possible to know from outside the team at the moment.

11 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

There was the racist and ableist outburst, but those were the same incident. Apart from that he has kept a lid on things barring the odd physical alteration and f-word rant.

If Marko thought Vips was the next Max then this would have been handled quite differently. He's just another of many drivers RB have on the books and thus expendable.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

He must have. "Various" means several. Several racist outbursts. Remind us of them @Shimmyhill

Im sorry, did I hit a nerve accusing your beloved and upsetting you!?

So Verstappen is on record for racial slurs in 2017 and 2020 and while part of the 2020 episode ableist comments also made.

So yes, various and all admitted and clearly no lessons learned - if anything his racist attitude has become worse over the years as evidenced by how he dealt with the latter outburst.

Apology accepted.

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Im sorry, did I hit a nerve accusing your beloved and upsetting you!?

So Verstappen is on record for racial slurs in 2017 and 2020 and while part of the 2020 episode ableist comments also made.

So yes, various and all admitted and clearly no lessons learned - if anything his racist attitude has become worse over the years as evidenced by how he dealt with the latter outburst.

Apology accepted.

My beloved lol. Your hated is closer to the truth. Where is this record of admitted racism in 2017? The racism directed toward notable person of colour, Stroll I'm aware of but I'd like to learn of the other incident you mention. I think it's important to have evidence when accusing people of isms, sorry if that triggers you. Can't think why I'd apologise for that. If Verstappen is an out and out racist I'd treat him with the contempt that deserves but I'd like, you know, some proof of it. Call me old fashioned. After all, it wouldn't even be the first time in the past week that outright lies have been employed in an attempt to sully someone's reputation on here, with no apology when called out on it. 

2 hours ago, Blue said:

My beloved lol. Your hated is closer to the truth. Where is this record of admitted racism in 2017? The racism directed toward notable person of colour, Stroll I'm aware of but I'd like to learn of the other incident you mention. I think it's important to have evidence when accusing people of isms, sorry if that triggers you. Can't think why I'd apologise for that. If Verstappen is an out and out racist I'd treat him with the contempt that deserves but I'd like, you know, some proof of it. Call me old fashioned. After all, it wouldn't even be the first time in the past week that outright lies have been employed in an attempt to sully someone's reputation on here, with no apology when called out on it. 

Where is the need for that? 

Given you inability to type Verstappen and racist into google have a link to the 2017 episode, you may notice the pattern of his behaviour and lack of lessons learnt when throwing out racial slurs https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/max-verstappen-didnt-mean-to-hurt-anyone-in-us-gp-post-race-rant-4993146/4993146/

Let's hope he is learning his lesson. As @Meers informed us after the last incident, that word was still in common usage in the Netherlands but hopefully the message has reached there now that it is not acceptable. 

Is Verstappen a massive racist? No.

But does he basically not give a shit that people could be offended by things he says? Yes.

Is it the same as what Vips did? No.

But would Verstappen get less harsh treatment to Vips if he had said the same thing? Yes.

Jackie’s hated Lewis from day 1. Maybe he’s racist, maybe not. Either way he’ll be putting out the bunting and jabbering on about Jim Clark being better on the day it happens. I just wish they’d stop giving him column inches.

Madrid want an F1 race. Barcelona have theirs until 2026, so maybe after that. It's unclear what the details are. There's conflicting reports, or perhaps just guesses, about street circuit, Jarama (after upgrades) or Morata de Tajuna, whose local government have said they want to build a Grade 1 circuit with a view to hosting F1 and MotoGP.

On 22/06/2022 at 16:38, Blue said:

Let's hope he is learning his lesson. As @Meers informed us after the last incident, that word was still in common usage in the Netherlands but hopefully the message has reached there now that it is not acceptable. 

I really don’t think that’s much of an excuse to be honest.  Still at least he apologised and straight out admitted he was wrong to say it rather than make some excuse about it. Fair play to him for taking it on the chin. 

Hopefully you’re as forgiving when someone on the forum claims that the word mong/mongol is just a cultural artefact of their upbringing. 😄

Can't say I know what exactly each are, but there's 2 different times. Heidfeld in a McLaren MP4/13 apparently still had one (Timed Shootout) and Romain Dumas in a VW ID R had the other (Outright Hill) and this beat both.