IGNORED

PlayStation Plus Premium - Out Now

Sarlaccfood

10 hours ago, dizogg said:

Syphon Filter is so shit :lol:

The controls feel like you’re running underwater. Serious rose tinted spectacles on that on!

OTOH it was a pseudo-free-roaming stealth action game back in the 1990s that let you taser people until they caught fire. Perfect subs fodder surely.

55 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

There's nothing weird about what he posted, he's simply pointing out Sony said they'd do a thing and they appear to have done more than that.

Can we only hold them to account against the things they never said they were going to do that are in your head?

You are very honourable 

Edit: let me rephrase that. I hope I don't personally offend you or that I'm asking for the impossible when I say that I hope their retro selection will improve. They have made no direct promises, your honourable defense is correct in that regard. My thinking is that they're selling the highest, most expensive tier on the idea of having access to retro goodness. I'm a member of that target audience. So as a paying customer, who's already subscribed to the highest tier for the time being, I notice that their PS1 selection is minimal. Their PSP selection is 1 game. And no new additions to the PS2 selection, just the PS4 ports that were already on Now. It's an extremely small selection for what is supposed to be the most luxurious subscription tier imho. Regardless of what they have actually said or promised, I hope it will improve. And I hope that's okay with you.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You are very honourable 

Edit: let me rephrase that. I hope I don't personally offend you or that I'm asking for the impossible when I say that I hope their retro selection will improve. They have made no direct promises, your honourable defense is correct in that regard. My thinking is that they're selling the highest, most expensive tier on the idea of having access to retro goodness. I'm a member of that target audience. So as a paying customer, who's already subscribed to the highest tier for the time being, I notice that their PS1 selection is minimal. Their PSP selection is 1 game. And no new additions to the PS2 selection, just the PS4 ports that were already on Now. It's an extremely small selection for what is supposed to be the most luxurious subscription tier imho. Regardless of what they have actually said or promised, I hope it will improve. And I hope that's okay with you.

My issue with your post wasn't the criticism of Sony, but the "weird corporate defence," angle you opened it with.

2 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

My issue with your post wasn't the criticism of Sony, but the "weird corporate defence," angle you opened it with.

Oh that was in response to the post I quoted. I said earlier that the retro selection was a disappointing. The response was "but they delivered more games in total than what was promised! What's with the weird complaints!"

And I was just like mate, you don't need to help out Sony's pr department they're doing just fine.

Yeah I understood that, I can read.

Moving on...

I loaded up Returnal last night, not sure it'll be my bag so getting to try it via this service is perfect for me. I needed to renew anyway and luckily got in on PSNow before they cancelled that redemption route.

Looking forward to Stray next month. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh that was in response to the post I quoted. I said earlier that the retro selection was a disappointing. The response was "but they delivered more games in total than what was promised! What's with the weird complaints!"

And I was just like mate, you don't need to help out Sony's pr department they're doing just fine.

I was talking about someone else, not you. It just felt a bit unnecessary to call anyone out by name so I left it vague, which perhaps wasn’t the best idea. 

The retro selection is pretty shit, but there are over 800 games in total available so I thought that persons rants about how rubbish the overall selection was (not just of retro games) to be a bit weird. There’s a hell of a lot of good games there. 

The middle, PS Now style tier is great. The tier on top of that doesn’t seem worth it. 

Even Sony themselves seem to know the Premium tier is more of a streaming sell rather than retro. Whether they are right or wrong, they seem to think the majority of their audience don't really give a fuck about the PS1/PS2 library and I doubt they will go out of their way to bolster it. 

18 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Even Sony themselves seem to know the Premium tier is more of a streaming sell rather than retro. Whether they are right or wrong, they seem to think the majority of their audience don't really give a fuck about the PS1/PS2 library and I doubt they will go out of their way to bolster it. 

Would be nice if the streaming stuff worked on something other than the console itself and PC.

34 minutes ago, Radish said:

I was talking about someone else, not you. It just felt a bit unnecessary to call anyone out by name so I left it vague, which perhaps wasn’t the best idea. 

The retro selection is pretty shit, but there are over 800 games in total available so I thought that persons rants about how rubbish the overall selection was (not just of retro games) to be a bit weird. There’s a hell of a lot of good games there. 

The middle, PS Now style tier is great. The tier on top of that doesn’t seem worth it. 

Ah, apologies. I agree with what you say there fwiw.

And I mean, it's fair enough if Sony thinks that streaming is something that appeals more than retro to the kind hobbyist audience that's willing to splurge on the highest tier. They've most likely done actual research.

While I only have a gut feeling that that kind of audience would be more enticed by memberberries stuff. I dunno.

2 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

They looked awful until I changed the filter to a scanline one that was a little too dark and with the colour a little too high...which replicated my 90's experience completely!

You do know it's not proper scan lines right?

4 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Has anyone tested that if you game share with someone only one of you need sign up to the extra tier to allow both parties to access the PS4/5 library?

Yep, that works. Not as seamless as on Xbox because you need to switch to the account with the subscription to start downloads. And as far as I can tell streaming is a no go from the sub-less account fyi.

3 hours ago, Uzi said:

You'd think Sony have done a fair bit of research on why their customers want PS5 / PS+ and it's not generally to play PS1 games.

Ape escape is fucking brilliant!!! Got that old PS and N64 magic to it in spades. Better than most of the games that come out these days, because it’s actually, ya know......fun! Remember that?

It’s pretty cool how the technical limitations of the day (appalling draw distance) actually add to the game. You really have to use the Monkey Radar to track the Monkey’s down..........before using your other Monkey Gadgets to pounce on the little shits and then smash them over the head with your Monkey Net. 😂 I’m sure there’s one modelled on Kurt Cobain in this somewhere. Quality! 

They really should make a new one. Although it’d probably cause a shit storm these days and get shut down by woke Animal Rights activists that need to protect the Virtual Monkeys from virtual Monkey Abuse. 🤣

18 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

Fuck is this

Seriously!?!? 😲 It’s just me being daft. The fact you’ve singled it out though as anything other than that, sort of shows what I’m joking about......

Imagine them putting the idea for this game forwards these days.......

”We’ve got this game. It’s all about capturing Monkeys. You do it by hitting them with a stick. Firing a slingshot at them. Trapping them in nets. Running them over etc. It’s really funny”! 

Money on there’d be at least one person that did a builders quote style intake of breath before saying......“That’s not very PC. Sounds too risky”. 

32 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Seriously!?!? 😲 It’s just me being daft. The fact you’ve singled it out though as anything other than that, sort of shows what I’m joking about......

”We’ve got this game. It’s all about capturing Monkeys. You do it by hitting them with a stick. Firing a slingshot at them. Trapping them in nets. Running them over etc. It’s really funny”! 

Money on there’d be at least one person that did a builders quote style intake of breath before saying......“That’s not very PC. Sounds too risky”. 

Didn't we all slaughter like a million goat sheeps in Elden Ring the other day?

Speaking of Elden Ring, your it’s shit, it’s really shit, it’s amazing, it’s shit again streams of consciousness in that thread reminds me of your PS Plus Plus experience and I’m all for it.

39 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

GTA 5 has made it to a third generation.

3 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Of course its not very PC, its on Playstation

😂 Nice one! Someone with a sense of humour!

So, apparently Sony have said they’ll be releasing new games monthly which includes additions to the “classic games”. Hopefully that pans out. I’m really surprised just how well Ape Escape actually holds up, which bodes well for a fair few other titles I’d be interested in playing again. 

Watched a few reviews of the service and they seem to have the same opinion as myself. If you’re a long term Sony fan that has been subbed and bought loads of games, then the current line up is pretty thin, at least Day One. However, there was one vid that had a version of FF7 in it. It wasn’t the PS4 remake but the original with way better graphics. Is that something I’ve missed over the years and available on the service? 

59 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

I can only assume you're being funny or something because there is no way in a million years any actual human would ever say that :lol:

22 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

😂 Nice one! Someone with a sense of humour!

So, apparently Sony have said they’ll be releasing new games monthly which includes additions to the “classic games”. Hopefully that pans out. I’m really surprised just how well Ape Escape actually holds up, which bodes well for a fair few other titles I’d be interested in playing again. 

Watched a few reviews of the service and they seem to have the same opinion as myself. If you’re a long term Sony fan that has been subbed and bought loads of games, then the current line up is pretty thin, at least Day One. However, there was one vid that had a version of FF7 in it. It wasn’t the PS4 remake but the original with way better graphics. Is that something I’ve missed over the years and available on the service? 

Yeah it's been out on PS4 for 7 or 8 years now.

I had literally zero interest in this until I saw it was only £20 to upgrade for half a year and cat game is launching on it so I hit go. It seems alright! Lots to stream for one go then move on and a load of stuff I'll definitely play with some free time. The streaming seems much more solid for me than what I've played on XCloud too. It shouldn't be but it's surprising quite how bad the PS3 games look on my LG OLED TELEVISION I HAVE AN LG OLED. Split Second is still great but good lord it's not a looker when it's blown up and streamed. 

4 hours ago, Stanley said:

Ghost of Tsushima is a bit of a looker isn’t it, absolutely beautiful looking game, I really like what I’ve played of it so far too. 

got the Plat, one of the very, very best PS4 exclusives. 
I wish I could replay the PS5 version with it's full-fat 60 fps mode but, other things to play too!