IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Just now, Naysonymous said:

I mean it’s worth highlighting Liverpool did precisely fuck all while the title was on.  

Yeah, I feel slightly less crap about it on the basis we haven't been top of the table all afternoon.

Who knows if City would've found those goals had Liverpool put the pressure on them though? 

Balls.

But there ya go. Pushed them to the last 10 minutes of the season when we were 14 points behind at one point. Two trophies. Another possibly next weekend. Couldn't really as for more.

6 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

Hahaha fuck off Liverpool

Mixed emotions as a Villa fan; obviously we're losing a football match, but after being trolled by 80s glory boy Liverpool supporters for my entire time at university I'd rather see Villa Park explode with everyone in it than see Liverpool win an unprecedented four titles.

4 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Yeah, I feel slightly less crap about it on the basis we haven't been top of the table all afternoon.

Who knows if City would've found those goals had Liverpool put the pressure on them though? 

I mean Pep’s tactics were basically to bring a couple of world class players off the bench midway through the second half.  Villa countered with Marvellous Nakamba.  The onslaught was always coming.  

We have been shit since they went down to 9.

You just know Burnley are going to get an equalizer as well.  We really should be pushing for the killer goal or we could well come to regret it.

1 minute ago, Naysonymous said:

I mean Pep’s tactics were basically to bring a couple of world class players off the bench midway through the second half.  

Yes. Would have been fun seeing him fuck it up. But credits to City, handled the pressure well.

1 minute ago, Naysonymous said:

I mean Pep’s tactics were basically to bring a couple of world class players off the bench midway through the second half.  Villa countered with Marvellous Nakamba.  The onslaught was always coming.  

Possibly the best name in the league, though. There is that.

There's not a good winner for the league. Citeh are Morgoth and Liverpool are one of the most annoying fanbases in the country (sorry all here) who would be utterly unbearable if they won a quadruple.

Liverpool are the lesser evil generally and they play the best football in the league, but we can't risk our future sanity on them winning everything.