IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

12 minutes ago, ChewMagma said:

We had one like that on Craig Dawson earlier in the season, nothing doing.

VAR is used to cement the top 6, you can always find a reason to disallow a goal or give a penalty if you run it back or slow it down enough.

Certain teams are allowed to do well and certain teams aren't. A Leicester City winning the league will never be allowed again. Stage managed bullshit.

You forgot to add that Stockley Park told us a day after the game that it should have been given and 'sorry!' 

The offside calls yesterday too made it clear to me again that it doesn't really work.  You have to pick which frame you use to make the call, which means you can pretty much get any result, as it's an impossible task to call which frame is the correct one to use.

The thing is VAR is supposed to stop all the arguments but it doesn't does it, it just shifts the focus.

If we are going to have the controversy anyway, we might as well at least be able to celebrate the goals in the moment.

In our heads, VAR would be used to stop absolute howlers. In practice, no one can agree what constitutes a "howler" and the rules of the sport become a science rather than something that will always be open to interpetation.

If playing Cameroon tomorrow evening wasn't tough enough for Comoros, they have to do so without a goalkeeper. In their squad of 28, they named three keepers, and all three are out due to Covid or injury.

An outfield player has to be named in goal as per tournament regulations. 

Can only imagine he'd say the same if the situation was reversed...

Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool penalty: 

"I didn't see it. VAR thought it was a penalty that's why it went to the screens. I'm not sure why people are talking about it." 

He's admitted he's not even seen a replay.

54 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Because I'd like to think he want the game played in the right way. The officials have ruined the game today and have done so on way too many occasions. Benefit or not, the integrity ( :lol: ) of the game slips further into the duldrums. 

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

2 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Can only imagine he'd say the same if the situation was reversed...

Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool penalty: 

"I didn't see it. VAR thought it was a penalty that's why it went to the screens. I'm not sure why people are talking about it." 

He's admitted he's not even seen a replay.

Couldn't see the screen because Ayew was blocking the view probably 

10 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

If playing Cameroon tomorrow evening wasn't tough enough for Comoros, they have to do so without a goalkeeper. In their squad of 28, they named three keepers, and all three are out due to Covid or injury.

An outfield player has to be named in goal as per tournament regulations. 

What time is that on at? 

1 hour ago, skadupuk said:

All that effort second half to ckaw our way back in to the game, and it gets taken away from us by Kevin Friend.

Hes been shocking all game, but that takes the fucking biscuit.

Kevin Fraud more like…

36 minutes ago, The Fox said:

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

Hard to tell what he means in text, TBH. If he's being interviewed directly after the game and hasn't seen replays, isn't he quite probably saying he doesn't yet know what the controversy is exactly?

I hope he does at some point say that he doesn't think it was a penalty, but I don't think that history is exactly overburdened by managers doing that.

7 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

As if they've dissalowed that Spurs goal. Fucking hell, the refs in the PL and on VAR are shocking.

And now the inevitable Chelsea goal, given their recent form being a goal down at half time is a completely different second half - fucking VAR.