E3 2021 - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase - EXTENDED SHOW NOW LIVE

The only game I’ve played on Gamepass over the last two months is Dragon Quest XI S, because it's awesome and I wanted to and have had great fun now that I’m just at the end. I’m the kind of player that like to “credits roll” the games I play, and GPU still works for me as I’ve basically played one of the best JRPG’s all the way through for about £6. 

13 hours ago, Rayn said:

Google doesn't give me any instant answers so I might as well ask in here: Did Bethesda say anything about what kind of game Redfall is supposed to be? Judging from the CGI trailer, it could be anything from an Overwatch/Counter Strike like team based shooter, a Telltale like adventure or even a free roaming Fallout like, or actually anything else. I didn't mind what I saw but at the same time I actually dislike this sort of reveal as I don't know what to expect from it. At all. 

It's co-op, but PvE not PvP, so not really like valorant / overwatch. 

It's more like a left 4 dead, but it's supposed to be open world too.

Really want an x now horizon looks stunning

how do I go about getting one are there queues / lists / preorders or is it still crazy town regarding scalping etc

19 minutes ago, sid said:

Really want an x now horizon looks stunning

how do I go about getting one are there queues / lists / preorders or is it still crazy town regarding scalping etc

Supply relative to demand seems to be getting better and there doesn't seem to be much if any money to be made from scalping. I even saw Series X consoles for sale on a shelf in a shop the other week!

4 hours ago, JoeK said:

Plus stop people from thinking Sony look on their customers with colossal amounts of distain and hate.

Sony have given away Ratchet & Clank PS4, Horizon ZD Complete Edition, Subnautica, Rez plus Astro, Moss and Thumper in VR and more all for free, no subscription required. That ignores the PS Collection inc Days Gone, God of War, Persona 5 etc. and other Plus Games such as Bugsnax, Wreckfest, Control Ultimate, Maneater and Star Wars VR, it’s not like GP is the only place in town for exceptional value. That doesn’t strike me as the company you describe. They are however a big corporation trying to increase profit year on year.

4 hours ago, Isaac said:

It's co-op, but PvE not PvP, so not really like valorant / overwatch. 

It's more like a left 4 dead, but it's supposed to be open world too.

afbeelding.png.7427469aad70dd51ba07ec6f225cb441.png

7 hours ago, JoeK said:

They certainly don’t need a show but it would have been nice PR if Sony did have show.

Maybe in the and of everyone having quality streaming it doesn't make sense to have one big show. Made sense when you had to go there. I know we lose a sort of gaming Christmas but I'm OK with it all getting spread out.

So there will be 2 big budget four player co-op themed xbox exclusives in the future with Contraband and Redfall. Im guessing that Contraband is some time away though. Im also imagining a few other games in development will be co-op based. Im ok with this is long as they have a lot of single player narrative driven stories in the works. 

When you think about it there is so much co-op themed stuff on gamepass and even coming this year (Halo, Grounded, Dark alliance, Back 4 Blood)

As a fan of single player Arkane games, I'm a bit disappointed that the single player game they're making is a timed exclusive on PS5, while their co-op effort is coming to Game Pass day one. I know that's a specific *me* problem and that it's not the end of the world - it's more ironic than anything else. I could always buy Deathloop on PS5 of course but since I know it will be "free" in a year and because I find the PS5 controller surprisingly uncomfortable and not ergonomical compared to the Series controller, I'm going to try and wait. SELF CONTROL

You can play redfall as a solo game - it's confirmed on the website already:

https://bethesda.net/en/article/6pQKSjd9FdcFquudZlGQFK/redfall-official-reveal

Announced during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, Redfall is a new co-op, open-world first-person shooter from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored.

Play it solo or in co-op with up to four players to face off against a legion of vampires that have overtaken the once-quaint island town of Redfall. In signature Arkane style, you will choose your path across the island and through the vampire masses as you discover what caused this plague of bloodsuckers and put an end to the threat. Pick from a roster of heroes with unique skills and gear them up with customizable weaponry found throughout the island. Do whatever it takes to build the perfect vampire slayers.

WELCOME TO REDFALL

Once the very picture of Smalltown, USA, the island town of Redfall used to be known for its quaint streets, breezy boardwalks and charming neighborhoods. Then the vampires moved in and ruined everything. First, they eclipsed the sun. Then they started turning all the island’s inhabitants into either minions for their army… or food.

That’s where you come in. Choose from a lineup of unconventional heroes, each with their own unique abilities and specialized weaponry, and face off against the bloodsucking legions threatening the island. You can go it alone, building your chosen character around solo play, or you can select the perfect character to round out a roster of heroes in up to four-player co-op.

There's very few co-op games that don't allow you to play 'solo', the question is how the experience compares.

As a general rule, with very few exceptions, the answer is usually not great.

3 minutes ago, rgraves said:

You can play redfall as a solo game - it's confirmed on the website already:

Yes, I know. But I suspect it's like the way you can play Left 4 Dead solo, and that's just not for me  

Oh yeah, absolutely. That second piece makes me *slightly* more hopeful that they've thought it through a bit more though...

You can go it alone, building your chosen character around solo play

Besides, who cares - it's FREE, GRATIS, ON THE HOUSE, so we just try it and find out. ;)

We shall see, but from the way they're referring to it consistently as a co-op game or co-op experience in every pr piece and press release, it does seem like Arkane is doing their take on that genre. With a very Blizzardy trailer and all. And that's fair enough! I don't expect every single game to be for me

I have to admit that beforehand the rumour that Arkane was doing "a vampire game" made me think/hope that they were doing their take on Vampire Bloodlines The Masquerade. So I set myself up for profound disappointment with Uncle Phil's 'one more thing' :lol:

Four player squad roams around an open world map triggering various variations on horde mode encounters with monsters and gaining resources to upgrade your characters/weapons.

On 11/06/2021 at 10:26, Boozy The Clown said:

Ihttps://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/10/our-second-summer-game-fest-demo-event-coming-june-15-to-an-xbox-near-you/

40 Indie demos available for 1 week from 15th to 21st.

Includes Sable & Tunic

So the full list is.... 

A Juggler’s Tale (kaleidoscube)

Antipole DX (Saturnine Games)

Arietta of Spirits (Third Spirit Games)

BattleCakes (Volcano Bean)

Black Book (Morteshka)

Button City (Subliminal)

Cardaclysm: Shards of the Four (Elder Games)

Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered (Manekoware)

Clone Drone in the Danger Zone (Doborog)

Clouzy! (Tinymoon)

ConnecTank (YummyYummyTummy)

Death Trash (Crafting Legends)

Deathtrap Dungeon: The Golden Room (Good Gate Media)

Dreamers (PlaySys)

Echo Generation (Cococucumber)

Faraday Protocol (Red Koi Box)

Fractal Space (Haze Games)

Get Packed: Fully Loaded (Coatsink)

Godstrike (Overpowered)

Justice Sucks: Recharged (Samurai Punk)

Lake (Gamious)

Lawn Mowing Simulator (Skyhook Games)

Mad Streets (Craftshop)

Mayhem Brawler (Hero Concept)

Paint the Town Red (South East Games)

Princess Farmer (Samobee Games)

Sable (Shedworks)

Sail Forth (David Evans Games)

Strings Theory (BeautifulBee)

Tanknarok (Polyblock Studio)

Teacup (Smarto Club)

The Eternal Cylinder (ACE Team)

The Riftbreaker (EXOR Studios)

The Strange Story Of Brian Fisher: Chapter 2 (Intetic)

The Tale of Bistun (Black Cube Games)

Trigger Witch (Rainbite)

Tunic (Isometricorp)

Wreck Out (Four5Six)

Anyone fancy sifting through and pulling out the corkers? 

(apparently Lawn Mowing Simulator isn't Advanced Lawnmower Simulator, disappointingly) 

6 hours ago, Strafe said:

I was hoping we’d see more of The Last Night but maybe it’s been cancelled on quiet after gammon gate.

It's been Replaced. Which is a good thing because we don't need a game developed by an ass who wants us all to consider the true ramifications of female equality. 

H

On 15/06/2021 at 06:56, SweatyTravolta said:

I don't have paralysis of choice though. I've never played through and completed so many games! I finished Maneater 100% as I was so into the vibe and loved finding all the fun landmarks. I even ended up buying Zombie Army because it was on sale with the DLC for the price of just the DLC and I wanted more content after rinsing it.

I attribute me finishing more games down to the fact that the new consoles have limited storage space, so to play a new game I'd need to delete something to make space. I had an 8TB external drive for my One X and filled it with games I'd bought but if I'm honest, I hardly played through any of them. Some of them sat there unplayed forever. This was definitely a me problem but I think the storage space on PS5 and Series X is a positive thing for me enjoying games. I hope to never need any external storage for these new machines. 

Plus the fact that I'd never have even played Maneater if it wasn't on Game Pass but ended up playing something that aligns with my beliefs and made me smile all the way through. Same with Neon Abyss, a game I'd never heard of but ended up being my jam completely. 

I am definitely getting a PS5 again once the VR stuff is out though. 

I deleted maneater from my ps5 because it didn’t grab me, after getting it free with PSPlus, and I needed to ensure I had some room on the teeny tiny internal drive. 🤔

we are not so different, you and I:

my external drives are 4tb each. The bone drive is at 40% with 250 games installed, my PS5 drive is at 80% with my entire PS4 collection which includes a load of (unplayed) PSVR stuff.

but again, I’m only really paying for games on one of those machines, so it’s my lead machine.

roll on Black Friday/series X price drops

3 hours ago, SweatyTravolta said:

It's been Replaced. Which is a good thing because we don't need a game developed by an ass who wants us all to consider the true ramifications of female equality. 

Replaced by Replaced?

• Robo_1 changed the title to E3 2021 - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase - EXTENDED SHOW NOW LIVE
  • Robo_1 pinned this topic
  • Robo_1 unpinned this topic