SeanR

Wreckfest seemed like good fun but the load times killed it for me. Hopefully the PS5 update fixes that! As for Battlefield V, I found it a massive disappointment that spoiled most of what I loved about the series but haven't played it for a long old time. Decent multiplayer titles are also a bit thin on the ground on PS5 so maybe another try is in order. 

2 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Yeah, but it was dismal from my vague memories of playing it.

is it the one with the map warps and digital ghost tree thing? Or was that COD BLOPS?

they’re all the same these days :blah:

5 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Chuffed with Wreckfest. Was very close to buying it in the Spring Sale in prep for the PS5 update releasing.

Sadly, I did exactly that. Is this the rumoured PS5 update? I thought it wasn't due til June

The PS5 update for Wreckfest is a paid one, not a freebie, it'll add in more than the Xbox next gen update apparently but don't believe its more content, just better particle effects and the like - its a great game though and been expanded massively since launch, so if you get it as a freebie now then £10 (or however they adjust $10/€10) is a bargain

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2021/03/29/wreckfest-ps5-upgrade-price-cost-free-release-date/

I really liked Wreckfest and never came close to finishing it. It's great fun for a long while but I reached the point of "Ok, I get what the game is about". It's hard to explain, but all modes, tracks and cars blended together which made me experience very little progress. There's no exciting classes where the cars go like really fast or whatever. It's all "do this race in a slow car that's made in the US" to "do this race in a slightly faster car that's made in Europe".

8 minutes ago, Gotters said:

The PS5 update for Wreckfest is a paid one, not a freebie, it'll add in more than the Xbox next gen update apparently but don't believe its more content, just better particle effects and the like - its a great game though and been expanded massively since launch, so if you get it as a freebie now then £10 (or however they adjust $10/€10) is a bargain

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2021/03/29/wreckfest-ps5-upgrade-price-cost-free-release-date/

Xbox is also getting the paid upgrade in addition to the frame rate unlock patch, but if they’re advertising Wreckfest as a PS5 game through PS Plus then it must be inclusive of the update, because it’s currently PS4 only and plays via backwards compatibility. 

Ok so it's the PS4 Wreckfest (as there isn't a PS5 version yet) but you can only play this on PS5?

And you will have to pay to actually upgrade this to the ps5 version when that's released?

7 minutes ago, Rain Birds said:

Xbox is also getting the paid upgrade in addition to the frame rate unlock patch, but if they’re advertising Wreckfest as a PS5 game through PS Plus then it must be inclusive of the update, because it’s currently PS4 only and plays via backwards compatibility. 

maybe it’s a cutdown psplus edition, like what happened with DriveClub

which I ended up buying 4 times anyway.

Wreckfest is explicitly the new PS5 version, and only the PS5 version. It wasn't due to come out until June, but I guess they brought forward its release for Plus.

The information is all there in the Blog post.

I've got Wreckfest on Game Pass but it inexplicably crashes on the start menu every time regardless of uninstall/reinstalls or updates. I've got it on PC too where it at least lets me race and then crashes regularly. If the PS5 version does the same for me I'm just going to assume me and Wreckfest were never meant to be.