Outriders - Square Enix co-op shooter

I'm only on WT6 and bugger me, things get hard! I can't seem to get off 6 due to any headway being eaten away when I'm facing multiple mini boss characters and die/respawn/repeat-ing. 

And the Wandering Flame skill that enemy Captains like to cast every 5 seconds is anything but. Homes in better than an exocet! :angry:

35 minutes ago, carlospie said:

This game has the most absurd difficult spike in world tier 4 in the second city....

Don't be afraid to knock the tier back down!

I am getting absolutely owned by the first boss. Might knock it down a level then

17 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Just get one shot by bosses 

Around half-way through the second area you’ll unlock the gear upgrade system and that’s when the real meat of the underlying systems comes into play.

If you want to maintain your survivability at the current highest tier available to you then you need to keep your armour and gear levels topped up and start tinkering with the life leech stats etc.

I faced the second major boss at level 13 world tier 7 and he was absolutely spanking my ass, so I fiddled around with my gear, skills and mods and after 3 or 4 goes of refining my approach he went down.

I suppose the beauty of the World Tier system is that you can tailor the difficulty however you want it but the higher tiers are definitely doable if you really dive into the numbers underpinning everything. So far that aspect seems really well calibrated and balanced.

The birds were starting to sing outside by the time I finally turned this off last night which shows how compelling I’m finding it. Unfortunately I fear the pretty poor and somewhat misleading intro section may put some people off but bear with it for a few hours and once it gets going it’s fucking great.

I feel the 3 starting skills for fire dude will be all i use in the game. They just destroy everything in my path. And i have a perk that lets me use 2 before cooldown. I might bump the world tier up but its so much fun just running in and doing the hulk smash melee on a crowd and then just firing up walls of flame and turning everything to cinder. 

Really enjoy what im playing. I turned on motion blur just to test it out again after turning it off and i have no idea why the game has it. makes it look shit. 

Yeh I turned it off and it looked miles better. I feel the same the three starting abilities seem the most op. I'm playing on the highest world tier I have then each time I die knock it down one tier.  Currently at world tier 8. Really cool concept and massively increased replay ability.

I'm skipping all the cutscenes though, ain't got time for that shit!!

I'm not sure if each player's name is unique but iv made 6 characters to reserve some epic names for my future ALTs.

How invasive are the rpg elements in this? Could you play it (on the easier difficulty levels at least) pretty much as a straight action shooter and ignore a lot of the tinkering? 

This looks like it might be a contender for me and a couple of buddies to get into but we have very limited gaming time each week so if you have to spend half the time fiddling with builds it'll suck a lot of the fun out of it. 

14 minutes ago, christaylor said:

How invasive are the rpg elements in this? Could you play it (on the easier difficulty levels at least) pretty much as a straight action shooter and ignore a lot of the tinkering? 

This looks like it might be a contender for me and a couple of buddies to get into but we have very limited gaming time each week so if you have to spend half the time fiddling with builds it'll suck a lot of the fun out of it. 

More than likely. The skill trees are pretty convoluted so I've just saved up my points until I feel like looking up a build for my class later on, but I've been able to brute force it without too much trouble up to World Tier 7. 

46 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

More than likely. The skill trees are pretty convoluted so I've just saved up my points until I feel like looking up a build for my class later on, but I've been able to brute force it without too much trouble up to World Tier 7. 

Ta, might download it and check it out this weekend. 

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Y'know, for a society permanently at war with itself and perpetually on the brink of collapse they somehow managed to keep procreating and train people to be doctors and shit.

My first thought after getting through the prologue and getting into the game proper..

Spoiler

He must have been in cryo sleep for 100 years or more. Nope, its only been 36 years. What? Where did all these people come from?

I understand there was a huge ship full of sleeping people waiting above the planet but this seems ridiculous.

Playing on the series X and I have to say that first impressions are poor. All the cut scenes have terrible screen tearing, and the dialogue is awful. Then after 10 mins it kicked me out saying I had no internet connection (which I did) and now it can't reconnect.

1 minute ago, metallicfrodo said:

Playing on the series X and I have to say that first impressions are poor. All the cut scenes have terrible screen tearing, and the dialogue is awful. Then after 10 mins it kicked me out saying I had no internet connection (which I did) and now it can't reconnect.

Keep going. The game really starts to open up with skills, weapons and mods when you get to 8+ IMO. My highest character is 19 and I have some ridiculous mods to complement my skills.

It's such a shame the game has a piss poor for couple of hours because it is going to dissuade a lot of people from playing what is a really, really good game.

Just now, shirubagan said:

Is this straight to Game Pass or is it going to be the £60 Xbox.com is throwing in my face?

It's on GP. Don't pay any money for it if you're on Xbox!