Outriders - Square Enix co-op shooter

https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/comments/mmrf7d/outriders_post_launch_dev_news_updates/

First major update sometime next week will include:

- Fixes to crash bugs including the one that wipes inventories and overall stability fixes to matchmaking

- Community appreciation package for those who played during the launch period which will include a legendary weapon, a stack of titanium and a currently unobtainable 'Frustration' emote

Within the next week or so there'll be a restoration of lost epics and legendaries for those who fell prey to that particular bug.

There's also been a backend update already implemented server-side that has significantly nerfed some skills, lengthened some cooldowns and made the time requirements for some expeditions harder. Details linked below.

We'll see how the technical fixes work out but it's a little disappointing to see them start nerfing powerful builds already in a game that up to this point had done so well in making the player feel incredibly empowered and enabling them to go nuts with crazy combos of skills and mods.

It’s like clockwork with these types of games. People seem to really enjoy the power fantasy we’ve made but they’re burning through content faster than we expected. Nerf everything! What do you mean people aren’t enjoying feeling like they’re squirting a water pistol at bullet sponge enemies for minimal rewards and our player numbers are now plummeting? Fast forward a few months to a lengthy saving the game blog post.

9 hours ago, El Spatula said:

Perhaps you shouldn't have skipped the cutscenes if you wanna know what's going on?

Good burn. I watched them all the first time but that was over a week ago and I got booted from the game, so I skipped through them all this time. The only thing I'm missing is who were those people I was fighting when I came out of cryo and I was in the back of a car? It wasn't exactly clear. The captor seemed pretty evil, but then Shira didn't really seem to care when she met me, either. Also if they were the insurgents, then they seem better kitted out than the ECA.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, except for me to fully appreciate how appalling all the writing and characters are.

The mistake they make again and again is focussing on trying to force progress and gate content, which inevitably is beaten by some Red Bull addled teenager with the reflexes of a mongoose on Twitch using Donkey Konga controllers a day later. When what they should be doing is focussing on making sure the content is fun to replay. People happily kept on playing things like Mario games, Halo and [insert your own examples here] because they were fun to play. I honestly think devs continually balancing things around loud streamers is damaging to games when these speed runners make up a tiny fraction of their player base.

Speaking of speed running, it's at the core of the problem with the endgame in this. It's entirely based on beating content against a timer and better times = better rewards. It's a really bad idea as it just leads to teams only wanting specific builds built for speed running in their teams and considering anything else as useless. I went for a tank build in the campaign and had a good time, unfortunately being able to stand there and take a licking is absolutely useless when the 'meta' (urrrrggghh) is entirely based on how much fast DPS you can output. Eurogamer have an article up about how players with what's considered not optimal builds are regularly getting kicked out of parties in matchmaking.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-04-08-outriders-is-only-a-week-old-and-players-are-already-kicking-out-devastators-from-endgame-co-op

My only option would be to start an entirely new game with a new class and have to play the entire campaign again to be able to get to the content... Yeah that ain't happening.

It always best to play with your mates anyway in any of these types of games.

I love the game, but it is the usual, should have waited until it was actually finished properly and paid less for it scenario like Cyberpunk, which surprisingly, I had zero issues with at launch aside from a few normal PC crashes unlike the vast majority of people is seems.

The Devastator is like the Gjallerhorn gatekeeping from way back in Destiny. There's still and element of that in Destiny 2 but nowhere near what it used to be.

This is all very disappointing.

Haha, he says even though you can't really play the endgame unless you have a very certain build on specific classes on the upside you can replay the hunts and bounties to get fun legendaries and then they removed that in the patch after that video. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Haha, he says even though you can't really play the endgame unless you have a very certain build on specific classes on the upside you can replay the hunts and bounties to get fun legendaries and then they removed that in the patch after that video. :lol:

They didn't. You can still a Legendary every time you complete and reset all 10 hunts, they just removed the exploit that gave you a Legendary after every single hunt was turned in.

12 hours ago, Scruff said:

They didn't. You can still a Legendary every time you complete and reset all 10 hunts, they just removed the exploit that gave you a Legendary after every single hunt was turned in.

Are the expeditions/lucky drops the only other way to get legendaries? Also, I've finished the campaign on world tier 12,any reason i should level it to 15 (and if so how?) or should i just focus on expeditions? 

28 minutes ago, Muz said:

Are the expeditions/lucky drops the only other way to get legendaries? Also, I've finished the campaign on world tier 12,any reason i should level it to 15 (and if so how?) or should i just focus on expeditions? 

You can repeat the hunts/wanted/historian ad infinitum and get a lege off each full completion (all 10) if you reset them everytime. You can get legendary drops in the wild (I saw one today) and then there are expeditions which can reward them. I think there are 3 quests that reward guaranteed ones if you haven't done them too.

If you have my luck you'll get nothing but snipers and Cannonball helmets all the time :(

30 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

They were reeeeeeeeally stretching this out at the end. Fuck me. It tried my patience more than once and if the Expeditions are more of that bullet sponge cunt of a last boss they can keep it.

one of the joys of game pass: if I get bored at the point they start stretching out, I can just stop playing :)

Yeah I've seen some people really angry about this game. I suppose I would be too if I'd paid 70 quid for it, but I'll never do that for any game. 

With minimal expectations and no financial investment I'm enjoying it in the same way I enjoy some of the trashy procedural on amazon prime. Perfect Gamepass fare. 

From the demo I absolutely wouldn't have paid 60 quid for it and I enjoyed it in the main but it's glaringly obvious that PCF bit off way more than they could chew. That much at least is evident by the way the last third of the story is told.

The last 2 major fights are bullet sponge hell. The last boss got knocked down to world tier one because fuck that shit.

I’ve not been able to get into a single online match so far on this, the one time I was able to connect I fell through the floor and disappeared out of the map.

Last night I was constantly getting server disconnects in single player. 

if I had paid £60 I would be looking for a refund, as it’s on Gamepass I can live with it, but hope it gets better soon. 

Yeah, I've been getting too many crashes to dash on this in the last few days.  Anytime it really slows down or does a little freeze I expect it to crash again.

On a more positive note this game has already been infinitely more fun to play than all of the Gears of War games that I've tried

I made a trickster as my character has zero viability in the endgame. Amazing how varied the gameplay feels. Also if you play on world tier one you can blitz the story, in an hour I am 1/2 of the way through it. 

Getting bugger all legendaries now and every purple item is way below my current item so I'm basically stuck with the same gear all the time. 

Only way to fix this is to grind the fuck out of expiditions and spend the currency on legendary items. 

I love the game, but I have hit a wall gear wise. 

If anyone manages to lose their gear due to the inventory bug don't worry. They'll half arse a restore for you. It just might not be the same gear you had previously

msedge-tq-Q5-Vmvdyp.png

Thought I'd mix up my abilities to mop up Historian, Hunt and Assassination quests so I put Reflect Bullets on. So far I've done nothing but fight creatures in these missions, of which only 1 type lobs projectiles. Good.

Also seem to be stuck on world tier 9. Tier 10 is just too fucking tedious.

And no I'm not sure why I'm still playing. Kinda want to get those loose ends tied up. Not tried Expeditions yet.