Outriders - Square Enix co-op shooter

2 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Nice one. I went trickster and it's going well but I'm finding my powers regenerate a bit too slow to be rushing in and murdering everyone. Any tips there?

Mods. You'll get cooldown mods (usually around 20% increase combined with your skill tree will see some big increases) and mods that increase the count of uses (having two mags of twisted rounds is amazing, especially on a LMG with 150 rounds with good perks :wub: ) or hitting more mobs with Venakor's Knife or adding damage to it or hitting any mob you port behind for big numbers first.

Obviously you need to play it more but that is no different to any game; nothing gives you everything at the start.

Yeah break gear down for Moda you don't have (there's a small black square when you hover over a weapon or armour that denotes if you have the mod already) and don't be afraid to stick it on new gear, even if you do get it replaced 20 minutes later. It costs fuck all to put a mod on gear. 

2 hours ago, Scruff said:

Nice woo :) 

Trickster is definitely the most 'rushy' class but Devastator is good too as you need to be up in their face to et healed like Trickster.

Is that Golem's Arm (I think that's the name?) I see? Lovely perk that goes with your playstyle very well! :D  

It's fantastic but I must admit, I'd love to tell you it was all planned and i'm a mod mastermind but it was in reality more of 'aye that looks alright, bung it on and see what happens' :D 

I'm only getting blue drops for the last 3 hours. Very annoying as I have to spend a ton of resources to get a half decent blue weapon upgraded. 

Break down all your blues and you keep any mods for future use. Basically give your character some good gear then demolish anything else you get. In the skill tree pick one route and go with it that. Bottom tree is around skills and refreshes 

Just started this, my word the prologue is awful but I do not care for story in game so maybe that’s harsh... I don’t really get it yet after a couple of missions, it seems to be Gears of Destiny thus far and while it runs well I can’t find a setup I like so it feels either really jumpy or really slow to look around (default 6 is way too fast, 4 is treacle so 5 should be right but it’s not....)

Without theorycrafting or anything I've ended up with a pretty badass mob build more or less by chance. I noticed that my shotgun ammo was occasionally refilling itself free of charge - as in, not taking it from my ammo supply but giving me magic, costless bullets - so I took a look at what was happening.

So! My build has a legendary shotgun. When it kills an enemy, it explodes for a chunk of damage to surrounding enemies and applies bleed. Another armour piece refills ammo when an enemy with bleed is killed. This included Distortion Rounds, which is a class skill that's supposed to end when you reload, which never happens.

On top of this, I have AOE sparks every second for passive damage, a three second golem skin boost every time I kill something and can lift legions of enemies into the air in stasis through a few time rift buffs. And naturally, as these enemies are all exploding en masse, I can stand in the middle of a swarm and annihilate them to stay at full health. And if, somehow, they take me down to 30% health a pulse goes off which freezes them all for about 5 seconds. World Tier 14 enemies can barely scratch me right now.

Of course, this build is probably useless for tough bosses  where I'm not able to proc all these lovely buffs but it's making swarms an absolute cakewalk.

Now compare this to the Division or something where you're supposed to get all giddy about a 0.5% damage boost to elites when you're using a pistol or some shit and you can see why the loot in this game is pretty freaking amazing.

Yeah what I will say for this game is it's obvious early on there's lots of opportunity for synergistic carnage.

Like Endless Mass to suck a load of enemies together, mods to make them bleed and be vulnerable, then Gravity Leap in to turn the weak ones into greasy stains (but have the mod on that gives you health for damage AND kills) and then shotgun the living fuck out of what's left. Lols to be had.

Finished the campaign after 40-odd hours, although I generally stuck to the highest tier available because I loved the challenge (aside from some absurd boss difficulty spikes which I just whacked the tier down for), tinkered with my gear obsessively, completed every side quest, hunt and bounty and sought out most of the lore pick-ups too, so delved into and rinsed it pretty thoroughly.

Brilliant game and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. They’ve knocked it out of the park in terms of the vast array of build options and mods and the general furious obliteration that typifies its core combat loop. There’s a veritable smorgasbord of possibilities open to you and for deep-diving stat nerds like me it’s a rich feast indeed.

I ended up with 7 legendaries by campaign's end and stumbled on a build that kind of serendipitously came together from random stuff that dropped. It utilised a legendary LMG that leaves a huge AoE nuke after each kill, Twisted Rounds, weapon leech and auto-reload mods and the end result was that it gave essentially 100% uptime on the damage boosting skill with no reloading required and constant healing from any range. I used it through to the end once I'd discovered it and it pretty much mowed through everything in my path. I actively avoid YouTube guides for games like this because I think they kind of ruin it and I prefer to work things out for myself, so I've no idea if it's in any way 'meta' or not but it was shitloads of fun and that's all that counts.

Not having to worry about bothersome PvP balance or needlessly grindy GaaS elements has done wonders for the game as it’s enabled them to just let rip with the power fantasy and empowered players to go fucking wild. It’s incredibly gratifying and the World Tier system has enabled a degree of difficulty customisation and accessibility that has allowed all playstyles to flourish. The whole thing’s very well thought out.

Endgame expeditions are an absolute shambles right now though sadly. They’re horrifically laggy and on Series X it crashes to the dashboard every single time. I’d love to delve into the endgame and chase the other legendaries and play around with some nutty builds but it’s fundamentally broken currently.

I’m glad for People Can Fly that it’s done really well because they’ve married the compelling loot chase and skill-chaining of Diablo with third-person shooting in fine style and for the most part it’s an exceptionally well crafted game, but they really need to fix the horrendous crash bugs pronto or else people will desert it in their droves before long.

Still, I’ve had a total blast with it these past few days and it’s a huge win to have it day one on Game Pass. Fix the glaring issues and I’ll be all over any DLC and what is surely now an inevitable sequel.

(Flying enemies and Shaman Warlords can fucking do one though.)

Think I'm coming to the end. Finished all the bounties, hunts and 99% of the side missions and on tier 12 after about 26 hours. Had 6 legendaries which i Instantly dismantled as they were all worse than my current weapons at the time and I wanted the new perks available. 

I'm going to go for most of the achievements but don't see me replaying over and over to be fair. It's been a really fun game and a pleasant surprise. 

6 hours ago, pinholestar said:

(Flying enemies and Shaman Warlords can fucking do one though.)

the mosquito things are the most annoying enemy in the game :D

I finished last night also. After struggling to get through tier 7 doing side quests I just plowed on with the main campaign and found it much easier to level up. I'm probably a bit behind you still judging on the amount of hours you've put in but I'm ready for expeditions now.

24 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Everyone here is talking about mods - where are you finding them? I can't see anywhere that I can attach mods - I'm level 9 if that helps?

After you do the First City quests (the ones are the demo levels) you'll have access to the Dr, who *ahem* deals with all the crafting stuff. Once you dismantle any blue or higher item the mod that was on it goes into an invisible pot as it were and you can use it any amount of times on the requisite gear (armour on armour, weapon on weapon). It's a really good crafting system as you're not carrying anything, you can do it as much as you like and it costs peanuts to do. Once you start building up a variety of mods you can really customise your gear to fit exactly how you play.

@pinholestar you should be able to solo some of the expeditions. I did the one that has a party in it with some surprisingly catchy industrial techno going on in the last area. Missed out on gold but got silver. Think my time was just over 8 mins. Tier 2. 

@luckypierre The giant dragon fly things or the Alpha dudes. Utter bastards. Me and @mikeyl have had many frustrating fights with 6 of the dragon flies buzzing around, a boss and at least 4 of the alpha monsters and assorted chaff all bum rushing us. Utter carnage.

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

@luckypierre The giant dragon fly things or the Alpha dudes. Utter bastards. Me and @mikeyl have had many frustrating fights with 6 of the dragon flies buzzing around, a boss and at least 4 of the alpha monsters and assorted chaff all bum rushing us. Utter carnage.

The mother fucking dick head dragon flies. The amount of times I attempted to kill the Chrysaloid solo only to fall short when three bastard dragon flies spawn. The 50 ft monster was a breeze to deal with but 3 little dragon flies continuously bent me over.

Fuck those flying dragonfly fuckers to hell and back.  Absolutely fuck them.  They are an absolute 'drop everything and focus on them' enemy once they appear during the fight.  They just completely decimate you if you don't take them out quickly.  Utter cunts the lot of them.  I hate them. (can you tell ? :lol: ).  Also snipers can fuck off too whilst they're at it.

6 minutes ago, mr_woo said:

Fuck those flying dragonfly fuckers to hell and back.  Absolutely fuck them.  They are an absolute 'drop everything and focus on them' enemy once they appear during the fight.  They just completely decimate you if you don't take them out quickly.  Utter cunts the lot of them.  I hate them. (can you tell ? :lol: ).  Also snipers can fuck off too whilst they're at it.

I think the birds annoy me more than the flys as they move around more and swoop right in at you.  Saying that, the first time I killed the brood mother I then got killed by a fly that had been supporting her :angry:

Spotters are right bastards too, their called in attacks have a really large AoE which can be more of a pain than the snipers shooting you out of cover

Those people who have completed the game- is it by persevering through the disconnects, or have you just not been getting any?

Also how are people finding the online play. I've tried playing with randoms a few times, and all times it's just been laggy to the point of unplayable.