Xbox Series FPS Boost - Dark Souls III Added

moosegrinder

4 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Is Mad Max worth it? Not watched the recent movie (but loved the Mel Gibson originals).

It's the most generic sandbox game imaginable, literally Sandbox Game: The Sandbox Game - but it does a tremendous job of recreating and immersing you into the Gibson Mad Max world. If that appeals, you'll love it.

And get Fury Road watched you heathen, it's bloody fantastic!!!

I thought Mad Max was alright, but didn't really feel like it captured the spirit of any of the films which was a big turn-off for me. However, just driving around was satisfying, and a lot of people really loved it, and for the price I'd say it's worth trying!

Edit: welp, that's me and Mr. Gerbik with opposing takes! Either way, try it, then decide which of us was most wrong ;)

I did! A brilliant end to a series of brilliant films (and Thunderdome).

(the game just lost me a bit because the quest/levelling structure didn't feel... Right, to me, somehow, in a Mad Max game. The actual open world and the crafting to make your car viable, absolutely, but the other bits just felt wrong!)

I initially liked Mad Max, played about 6 hours of it, realised that I'd seen absolutely everything it had to offer and it would just be hours and hours of the same identikit activities with diminishing enjoyment returns. Then I played Rage 2 by the same team and had exactly the same experience.

To quote Tolkien the game can be summed up as 'thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Seems like the FPS Boost team need an FPS boost. As it’s been months since the last announcement. 

Either that, or more Back Compat games please (OutRun 2 and Tenchu for @Mr. Gerbikobviously).

To be fair the last time they dropped some boost it was 97 titles.

DS3. Bastard. I have over 200 hours on that over on the PS4 Pro. Looks ok but fuck me does it lurch about. I didn't restart on PC when I built a new machine and another 50 hours on the clock since then I'm not going to buckle for my Series S. 

I love my PS4 but that Pro upgrade was fairly shite in hindsight. Boost mode included.

Happily I can switch from One X to a bit of bedroom Series S with Far Cry 5, mind.

Is Monster Hunter World FPS boosted ?

4 minutes ago, amc said:

Is Monster Hunter World FPS boosted ?

No need, it already has a relevant mode. I only messed with it for an hour tho but from what I recall: it has three modes. Quality, resolution, and performance. Probably different names but something along those lines. Quality is locked at 30, performance at 1080p, but resolution gives locked 4k/60 on Series X. Again iirc. 

Again, it was a game I actually bought digitally at launch on my One X. I have literally played it for 30 minutes. I'm fucking dumb for this launch shit then not playing until the game is free with Gold or the Epic store or what have you. Built a monster PC about a month later but sod buying it again. I don't have a Series X, no point with a powerful PC under the TV.

So I have a One X in one room and a Series S in another. One X was 4k/30, I think, so if it has a whatever/60 on Series S that's where I'll be playing.

5 minutes ago, Timmo said:

That's weird, it's already 60fps on PS5. Anyone know why it isn't on Xbox?

I played through a while back, and I remember checking. Basically The PS4 pro got a basic upgrade where they unlocked the frame rate so it hit 40ish normally but ulp to 60. The PS5 thus, hits 60 solid. And 1080p

they never released an upgrade for Xbox one X however, so your stuck with the one version, which is limited to 30. At 900p. 

if they pull something special out, I could be tempted to buy it again. 

Far cry new dawn took a massive hit to resolution on a 4k screen, with frame boost on. Runs smooth, but doesn’t look great at all. Do all games take this revolution hit, with it on?

27 minutes ago, dvdx2 said:

Far cry new dawn took a massive hit to resolution on a 4k screen, with frame boost on. Runs smooth, but doesn’t look great at all. Do all games take this revolution hit, with it on?

Most don't, no. 

• moosegrinder changed the title to Xbox Series FPS Boost - Dark Souls III Added