Shadow in the Cloud - WW2 airborne action horror thing

FishyFish

That doesn't look too OT...*that bit in the trailer happens*...  ah, yeah, I see now :lol:

I can get behind watching this, looks like brain-in-neutral fun. Think they missed a trick with not making the monster more Lovecraftian though, especially with the name of the film.

23 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

What the actual fuck :lol:

it's mad that of all the crazy shit in that trailer, * that * part was the one that seemed implausible

Someone in the YouTube comments has stated that it's looking to steal the crown from Indy's fridge. :D

16 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

WW2 pilots being attacked by giant monster bats? No problem. 

My grandad fought in the war and told me that happened all the time. Winston Churchill was regularly on top of Big Ben taking a swing at the damn things to play his part in keeping the good people of ol'Lundan 'Tawn safe.

But Churchill was very clear when he said in his 'fight them on the beaches' speech "One thing I've never seen, is someone blown back into a plane from the force of an explosion, cos that would just be fucking bonkers!!"

21 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

WW2 pilots being attacked by giant monster bats? No problem. 

Main character falling out of the plane but getting blown back into the plane due to force of nearby explosion? That’s too far. 

Going to need RevStu's take on this.

• 7 months later...

I saw this a couple of months ago (and posted my thoughts in the rate the last movie you watched thread at the time.)   Great pile of bantha poo doo that I’ve watched in a long time - it’s like two movies smashed together and hope that something comes out the other side resembling a movie 

I thought this was waaaay better than Blood Red Sky, super fun and very silly with a really likable lead, whereas BRS for me was about an hour too long and managed to take a cool high concept mash-up and just fill it with tedium.

I watched both recently. Shadow in the Cloud is a load of nonsense, but not  enough nonsense to be satisfying. If they’d dialled everything up, it’d have been a much better movie.

Spoiler

There’s barely any actual action and there’s only one gremlin. Needed more of everything. Also her climbing out, upside down and traversing the underside of plane and rescuing the package was ridiculous. I wouldn’t have bought it if it had been Cruise doing it. She has no muscles, how’s she’s holding on?

Blood red sky was much better, actually made a bit of sense and upped the action quite nicely. Definitely the better movie.