King of Fighters XV -PS4/5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Q1 2022.

joffocakes

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see some Max Mode action in the Chris trailer. Still not clear exactly how it works as EX moves can be done outside of it this time. I like them being separated like that, allows more flexibility in team composition if characters can spend little bits of bar on EX moves. A character can be a battery/meter builder and can choose to spent some without committing a full stock, for example. 

Also wonder if we’ll get the Orochi versions of this team somewhere down the line. Would love to see Orochi Shermie in a game where the combos are physically doable by regular humans. 

I like this format of trailer much better - it's nice to see them in more standard combat situations rather than just the combo vid style presentation of the other ones. 

Good lord though, those run animations.

Hmm wonder what that new mechanic is in there. Somewhere between a parry, focus attack and blowback attack. Causes a crumple when it works but presumably costs meter. Robert does it out of block stun like a more traditional C+D blowback attack, but then Ryo does it raw as an anti-air. Ryo has parries in 14 anyway though, so maybe he wasn't doing the thing. I am intrigued. 

Is it me, or do the explosions/flash effects e.a. all look the same in UE powered videogames (on a budget) nowadays? I swear I've seen very similar effects in Contra: Rogue Corps, R-Type Final 2 and Kof XV, and I'm probably forgetting a few.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • joffocakes changed the title to King of Fighters XV -PS4/5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Q1 2022.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...