PlayStation 5 stock alerts

I don’t use eBay because I’ve had scammers multiple times.

I found one guy was lying about not receiving a game by

making a fake Facebook account and adding him to see his profile where he had some Xbox app on his page.

Abother guy bought my copy of Portal 2 and then asked where it was. I looked at his account and he ordered 10s of copies and claimed mine hadn’t  arrived. 

Utter bullshit people.

Same. Came through at 13:09 and I just happened to be looking at my phone at that moment, so immediately clicked through. 

Either it’s a mistake or the were already gone. Split-seconds and the alert was already useless. 

30 minutes ago, Gorf said:

I got the same, stockinformer alert at 13:09 but already long gone.

Looking at hotukdeals it was first spotted about 50 minutes earlier 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/42912137

Ouch. I guess even Stock Informer can’t be on point all of the time. 

The light is getting dimmer, but I’m still hopeful of bagging one in time for Christmas. 

10 minutes ago, denisb said:

Cex have upped their buy price to £650 tempted to let them have mine as I could do with paying my card has anyone sold to cex ive only ever had a voucher 

Cex are fine, they can put the money straight into your bank.

11 hours ago, denisb said:

Cex have upped their buy price to £650 tempted to let them have mine as I could do with paying my card has anyone sold to cex ive only ever had a voucher 

Well don't think you'll have a long window of opportunity for this as Sony will be churning them out and demand will start to lessen as supply starts to catch up 

CEX transfer cash straight into your account after it's been tested. Took a few things down there never any issues. Quick way of getting rid of things without the hassle of eBay or other places. 

Must say though this console launch for me has been the worst ever and I won't be going near launches in future. Just actually shocked at the level of scalping this time around not just the console launches PC graphic cards too. Takes all the excitement away. I was lucky with getting my X because I didn't pre-order but makes me bit sad when people have been buying  multiple consoles for the sole purpose of keeping one and selling one on. Let alone those bulk buying them. Feels like they are screwing their fellow gamers and consumers over. Corporations and Governments do that already do we need to do it to each other too? So how are people affording to do this? Credit cards? Loans? It wouldn't have happened when I was growing up as people didn't have the funds to do it. They might have got the money to get one but multiple ones no. Also I guess there was no internet either. It's not like they are £50 kids toys or anything (especially PC GPU cards at £750+ a pop).

Think much of this is because of the Xmas rush etc. Might be easier if the manufacturers did a March launch or something.  At least it would allow supply to be built up for the Xmas period.

Anyhow just not bothering in future. Even pre-ordering. Leave it to everyone else to fight it out in the madness that it has all become. Happy I managed to get my X though. I'll be holding onto it. Next time I'm out. Happy to stay retro for a bit longer.

10 hours ago, womblingfree said:

There was one launch, PS3? PS4? Where the scalpers were out in force but the console was pretty easy to get hold of and so the prices didn't go stupid.

My PS4 I just ordered from Sainsbury's with no fuss at all.

Think it was the PS3 but that was released in March and cost £425 IIRC. Which was significant wedge of money back then I guess and the fact summer was in it's way people didn't want expensive consoles and planning on going on holiday. (So saving funds for that).

I expect it is the Xmas rush and parents too. I assume most people who pre-ordered back in September got one fine. Although even just getting a pre-order in was hard going.

I guess the other thing is the situation this year with COVID and people just wanting something new to play with this winter and haven't really had a holiday or anything and been stuck in at home I know I have. Although to be fair things won't make you happier.

Anyway it's been one hell of a year for sure and one I won't forget for sure.

@MattyP I didn’t order with the intention of selling but after I took the day off work for the PS5  pre order I managed to get a series x the following week with ease .

I really like the PS5 but the fact I’ve managed to get both consoles and the Xbox with game pass all maxed and the gigantic size of the PS5 I’ve thought I might sell it while the prices are silly and pick one up later when I’ve got spare cash .

im not going to bother with eBay or Facebook scammers but equally I’d be mad selling it for rrp when I can walk into cex and get £650 

1 minute ago, denisb said:

@MattyP I didn’t order with the intention of selling but after I took the day off work for the PS5 the pre order I managed to get a series x with ease .

I really like the PS5 but the fact I’ve managed to get both consoles and the Xbox with game pass all maxed and the gigantic size of the PS5 I’ve thought I might sell it while the prices are silly and pick one up later when I’ve got spare cash .

im not going to bother with eBay or Facebook scammers but equally I’d be mad selling it for rrp when I can walk into cex and get £650 

Hey no worries my comments weren't aimed at you just the situation in general.

This year has been an exceptional one in many ways. :(

50 minutes ago, ulala said:

In a couple of months you will be able to buy both in store , or on prime.

christmas and parents who have over-promised are the problem.

as curry’s are useless, I can wait

fuck currys!

Spoiler

image.png.79508647244431ffb15bcd145e2533f8.png

#helpful

8 minutes ago, SeanR said:

right up until there's more stock, and they're lumped with a bunch of PS5s they paid £650 for, obv.

The question was about selling.  If CEX pay you 650 quid for a ps5 when you know there's stock coming in 2 weeks, that's a very easy 200 quid you can make.

1 minute ago, dumpster said:

The question was about selling.  If CEX pay you 650 quid for a ps5 when you know there's stock coming in 2 weeks, that's a very easy 200 quid you can make.

yes. I was using those three words as a leaping off point to throw shade at CEX's business practices, nothing more.

10 hours ago, SeanR said:

right up until there's more stock, and they're lumped with a bunch of PS5s they paid £650 for, obv.

True. But CEX are quite clever I guess as its a way of them getting more stock in as they will have people desperate for a PS5 trade a bunch of stuff in to get a PS5. So sure they'll pay £200 over the RRP for a PS5 knowing they'll get potentially a whole bunch of stuff in they can stock and sell on.

At least with CEX I guess there is no faffing around selling things on the open market. The amount of scamming etc going on these days and people wasting your time (which is far more valuable than money as you can't buy that!). Personally if I was looking to get a PS5 and I didn't mind paying over the odds to get one I'd go to CEX over eBay/FB Marketplace/Gumtree any day of the week. At least you get 24 months warranty and somewhere to take it back too. 

Yeah, with something like that CEX will be expecting a lot of them won't be bought for cash, people will be scrounging up old phones etc all of which will hold value longer plus it'll get people back into the stores at an opportune moment.

Plus they'll have a number in mind and when they hit that they'll chop that buy price ruthlessly.

CEX are pretty good at knowing their market - they've got no current stock of any of the consoles available to purchase online, so it's not as if they're holding stock at the moment, and they aren't paying over the odds for either the Series S or Digital PS5 (which seems slightly odd to me, in the case of the latter), which looks like they're trying to manage that risk.

I would hope that once Christmas is over, people will be more happy to wait, regardless of whether scalpers are artificially creating demand by buying up stock or not.

Just now, HarryBizzle said:

I would hope that once Christmas is over, people will be more happy to wait, regardless of whether scalpers are artificially creating demand by buying up stock or not.

Hope so. Just hope people aren't getting too much into debt buying these £800+ consoles and they can actually easily afford to pay that for them.

They're bidding super high so they win the auction and then have no intention to pay. As a seller, if a buyer goes silent then you first have to wait 2 days to file a report and then a further 4 days to give the buyer a chance to pay. After that you can claim a refund of the fees and close the case with the buyer getting a strike on their account. If you don't go through that process the seller can leave negative feedback so most sellers would be very reluctant to risk the negative feedback hit by not following it. Also it's not guaranteed you'd get the selling fees back if you don't follow that process, which if it sells for 2 grand would be £200.

So yeah, basically they're just trying to waste the seller's time. Not that I'm going to feel sorry for the scalpers but they should probably just look at what the Buy It Nows are generally selling for and then price a Buy It Now in that range. Or just sell it to CEX. Once you take the selling fees off an £800 sale on eBay and then add PayPal fees on top of that you're pretty close to the £700 CEX are offering for a PS5 anyway.