Jump to content
IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!


rafaqat
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looking at my collection, I bought 184 PS4 games.  The Bone weighed at about 35, mostly exclusives.

 

But in the last six months, I've picked up three PS4 and about 12 Xbox.  Flight Sim and Forza Horizon I would have got anyway, but things like WRC and Cricket 22 I would much prefer to have on PS5.

 

But I can't fuckin find one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

 

 

It's an obvious troll though. Sony did it with the game sharing thing, so this isn't a "but my side..." thing, but Aaron was totally rubbing the purchase of Activision in the faces of PS fans, he knew exactly the reaction he was going for and he got it, case closed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/01/2022 at 02:13, Unofficial Who said:

Has this been linked here yet?

 

 

Annoying and cringy as fuck (he types through salty salty tears.)

 

Also, correct. Where is the lie?

 

 

That was absolutely, fucking dreadful.

 

This dude would push his own gran in front of a bus to see Microsoft "beat" Sony. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/01/2022 at 12:29, Death Adder said:

Looking at my collection, I bought 184 PS4 games.  The Bone weighed at about 35, mostly exclusives.

 

But in the last six months, I've picked up three PS4 and about 12 Xbox.  Flight Sim and Forza Horizon I would have got anyway, but things like WRC and Cricket 22 I would much prefer to have on PS5.

 

But I can't fuckin find one.

 

I think I'm going to email some pictures of my collection to Sony Customer Services.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

 

It's an obvious troll though. Sony did it with the game sharing thing, so this isn't a "but my side..." thing, but Aaron was totally rubbing the purchase of Activision in the faces of PS fans, he knew exactly the reaction he was going for and he got it, case closed.

 

Totally which is why I posted it here instead of the "proper" thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jarik said:

As a Playstation gamer since the Original Playstation I thought the world of Xbox would always be closed to me as I have quite a PSN library built up.  When it was announced that the PS4 & Xbox One would be ditching Backwards Compatibility for preceding generations I did think of switching to Xbox but then all the Xbox One DRM stuff killed that thought stone dead.  I’ve now built up quite a library of PS4 stuff & thought the next step would be a PS5 (when I can eventually get one) but I think Gamepass may now have flipped all that on it's head.  I've been looking through the Gamepass Library & there's loads of stuff I would like to try but haven't as I didn't know whether I would like it as well as all the stuff I missed out on from never having an Xbox.

 

I’ve been considering getting a cheap Xbox One X & Gamepass so I can experience all that stuff but I'm wondering if I should do that or wait & see if Sony come up with anything similar?


I was sort of in a similar boat to yourself, although I loved my og Xbox and 360. I bought a Series S last week to give it a go and try out Gamepass, plus I also had some digital games from back in the 360 days I wanted to replay. I’m pretty wary of digital only and sub services but I can safely say that the Series S, Gamepass and the backwards compatibility have been absolutely brilliant so far......in fact a bit of a revelation!  I’ve been playing FH5, Halo Infinite, Daytona, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Art of Rally, Hexic, Lake and have also downloaded Dragon Quest Builders 2, Firewatch and Microsoft Flight Sim, which I’ve yet to try plus there are loads of others i now want to give a go. So yeah, I’ve gone from being very wary to absolutely loving it, at least in the short term. How these services pan out in the long run is a different story.

 

That said, I’ve had a PS5 since launch. The first party Sony stuff is currently a whole level above the Xbox stuff in terms of quality and being “next gen”, and I can’t see that changing anytime soon. My PS5 will now be used to mainly play Sony first party and exclusive games, much like I buy Nintendo consoles for Zelda and Mario etc. I’ll use the Series S to play any other stuff that comes to Gamepass. That may change depending on Sony’s upcoming new subscription service.
 

My advice would be to wait it out for now and see what Sony’s Gamepass alternative entails, unless you really want to play the Microsoft exclusives........in which case I’d say just get a Series S. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Can we keep the fanboy opinions to ourselves please. There's no evidence to support this whole other level hyperbole. 


So i suppose I shouldn’t mention Gamepass being waaaaaaay better than PSNow, in case you get upset and accuse me of being an Xbox fanboy? Or mention that FH5 is one of the best driving games I’ve ever played and miles ahead of any driving game currently on PS5? 

 

There’s actually lots of evidence to support what I’ve said. Sony’s first party games are currently of a far higher quality, as are Nintendo’s big releases. Halo Infinite is nowhere near the level of something like Uncharted 4, or BOTW, which are many years old now. The DualSense is also on another level and feels truly next gen compared to the Xbox controller. So far the PS5 has been a level above in terms of graphics and audio too and the way it utilises it’s tech. This is my unbiased opinion. An opinion based on owning a PS5 and a Series S.....and buying an og Xbox and Halo on launch and a 360 on launch, (which happens to be one of my fav consoles) and owning 100s of Xbox games. But yeah, Sony fanboy. Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, CrichStand said:


So i suppose I shouldn’t mention Gamepass being waaaaaaay better than PSNow, in case you get upset and accuse me of being an Xbox fanboy? Or mention that FH5 is one of the best driving games I’ve ever played and miles ahead of any driving game currently on PS5? 

 

There’s actually lots of evidence to support what I’ve said. Sony’s first party games are currently of a far higher quality, as are Nintendo’s big releases. Halo Infinite is nowhere near the level of something like Uncharted 4, or BOTW, which are many years old now. The DualSense is also on another level and feels truly next gen compared to the Xbox controller. So far the PS5 has been a level above in terms of graphics and audio too and the way it utilises it’s tech. This is my unbiased opinion. An opinion based on owning a PS5 and a Series S.....and buying an og Xbox and Halo on launch and a 360 on launch, (which happens to be one of my fav consoles) and owning 100s of Xbox games. But yeah, Sony fanboy. Lol.

No mention away but as @Talvalin said this is the best thread for this. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, cassidy said:

No mention away but as @Talvalin said this is the best thread for this. 

 

 


Totally agree! I was just trying to help out Jarik who, being a long time PS owner, was pretty much asking how Gamepass and the Xbox stuff stacks up compared to PlayStation.
 

Personally, I think the Sony first party stuff is very clearly of a higher quality but that doesn’t necessarily translate to being a better game, which it seems you’ve taken it to mean. Ratchet and Clank feels like a highly polished AAA game that is a level above most Xbox stuff, as is Uncharted 4, TLOU2 etc.......however I’d take stuff like FH5 and Banjo Nuts and Bolts over Ratchet and TLOU anyday of the week. 
 

Same for the DualSense, it’s clearly a level above the Xbox controller and truly next generation and provides more innovative gameplay opportunity. However, the Xbox controller is great to use and gets the job done. Don’t really get all the fanboy stuff to be honest. Just buy all the consoles. Job done! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Just buy all the consoles. Job done! 

Or failing that just a PC+PS5 works quite well. :) After all the thread title is quite misleading really should be just "Xbox Platform vs Playstation 5". As you don't need an Xbox at all to play Xbox content anymore it would seem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Or failing that just a PC+PS5 works quite well. :) After all the thread title is quite misleading really should be just "Xbox Platform vs Playstation 5". As you don't need an Xbox at all to play Xbox content anymore it would seem.

I usually do this is the first gen I haven't gotten a Sony machine as well since the early 00's. 

 

I just hate it's look and am waiting for a nice redesign before I get one. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cassidy said:

I usually do this is the first gen I haven't gotten a Sony machine as well since the early 00's. 

 

I just hate it's look and am waiting for a nice redesign before I get one. 

 

Yes its an ugly machine but grows on you... had mine for 6months or so now.... hardly notice it. I expect it might be a while before a re-design given the current state of everything regarding supplies etc. 

 

Waiting is always a good policy TBH as then you get to play all the good stuff for less! Also there will of course be more content out. I'm just impatient of late and usually get things within 3-6 months of launch.

 

Personally I think GamePass and subscription models will eventually win out - just based on accessablilty and price alone. As more are playing online these days having the games you need as sub service is just easier and everyone has the games if they sub. So nobody is left out having to buy relatively expensive games. The barrier to entry is so low.

 

Still like Sony's first party content though but its model is kind of a dinosaur in much the same way as blu-rays and dvds are now. There will be a section of gamers that will always prefer physical disks and or buying digital content but it will be a niche market. Not sure if will happen this generation however expect the next generation of the PlayStation will be very different. As will the Xbox too. The physical drive may go for one and both Sony/MS will offer sub services with streaming alongside digital purchases. Much like the PC has gone really. My guess anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

I usually do this is the first gen I haven't gotten a Sony machine as well since the early 00's. 

 

I just hate it's look and am waiting for a nice redesign before I get one. 

 


Guy that doesn’t actually own a PS5 but.........knows all about the quality of its hardware, controller and first party games in comparison to Xbox! Lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.