PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

4 hours ago, scoobysi said:

All (as far as I’m aware) PS4 games are downloadable, PS3 are streamed.

Really? Interesting. I thought it was streaming. So I can sign up to PS Now and download games?

Since when??

10 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Really? Interesting. I thought it was streaming. So I can sign up to PS Now and download games?

Since when??

About 3 or 4 years I think. They have failed with he marketing of it. 

Last time I had it though it was full of c-tier anime games. 

34 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

Well this is definitely healthy.

Yeah. Stating value for money and not worshipping companies is well bad innit?

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

And the PS+ Collection might not have as many games as gamepass, but it's got better games than gamepass, quality over quantity.

ok, go on.

You are really going to have to quantify that statement of HOW the, what 15 or so, PS+ games are better "quality" than the 350+ on GP.

Go on, do it. NO...DO IT!

bearing in mind that a load of them are on GP!?!...

I genuinely don’t get why all third parties and Sony and MS with their mostly crappy first party titles don’t just also put them on switch. 90 million idiot owners like myself you could be selling your dirge to folks, instead of just your teeny tiny PS5 and Series X user base. Cash money. 

8 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

ok, go on.

You are really going to have to quantify that statement of HOW the, what 15 or so, PS+ games are better "quality" than the 350+ on GP.

Go on, do it. NO...DO IT!

bearing in mind that a load of them are on GP!?!...

First of all, chill out.

Second, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, God of War, The Last Guardian, Second Son, Days Gone, Detroit & The Last of Us remastered all piss on anything on Gamepass, subjectively of course.

I have a PS4 Pro and was considering a PS5.

Yet maybe it makes sense to stick with the still very good Pro and buy a XBX!

Then you have best of both worlds for sure?!

Looking at that list posted, PS Now has 7 Metal Gear Solids on it and it’s cheaper than Gamepass. Not saying PS Now is better, no one knows, I don’t know, because it’s marketing is so lame you don’t even believe Sony like it, and it’s advocates don’t shout as loud as the Xbox boys, but it has 7 Metal Gear Solids on it. 

3 hours ago, womble9 said:

Pardon me for chipping in here but I'd say (and it's genuinely meant politely) that your purchase / eBay figures (giving a £5.00 loss) are a fair bit out. 

The current (within the last hour) average price across 10 retailers (9 shops and eBay) for a new copy of Returnal is £61.44. 

Reveal hidden contents

ShopTo £64.85

Smyths £64.99

Game £69.99

Amazon £59.99

Argos £69.99

Game Collection £59.95

365 Games £59.99

Base.com £59.99

247 Games £54.75

Ebay £50.00 (1 seller with three copies, after that it jumps up to £54.99, added it at £50.00 anyway).

The 10 most recently sold used copies on eBay averaged a sale value of £45.18.

Current eBay fees of 12.8% + 30p bring that sale value down to £39.10. 

Finally there's P&P (2nd class signed for at £2.93 covers you for up to £50) to take into account (I've left packaging out as perhaps you reuse it / have some stuff kicking around) bringing the sale down to £36.17, a loss of just over £25.00. 

So I could just pay £45.18 for it (or less if I’m lucky) rather than £61.44 and when the time comes use a 1p sellers fee offer and maybe pass on the cost of postage?

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

First of all, chill out.

Second, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, God of War, The Last Guardian, Second Son, Days Gone, Detroit & The Last of Us remastered all piss on anything on Gamepass, subjectively of course.

Bloodborne and to a lesser extent God of War are top tier games better than most stuff on gp. The rest, nah. 

I picked up Second Son for about 4 quid when I bought my ps4 4 years ago. 

9 hours ago, gooner4life said:

First of all, chill out.

All of the DOOM games are on GamePass so you're lying to yourself. 

Even DOOM 64 is better than Detroit. 

6 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Yknow, I think this thread has given me the impetus I needed to take a break from this place. 

No. You must dwell here with all of us bottom feeders for the remainder of your days and be miserable.

In other news, the Spectrum was always better than the C64, just like Crash was better than Zzap. 

11 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Absolutely, outside of Forza Horizon and Gears of War though I just find Microsoft Game Studios output completely uninspiring.

I disagree on the back catalogue treatment though, the fact is I just wouldn't go back and play a 360 or PS3 game no matter how high they pushed the res, the animation and art has limitations i just cant overlook in 2021 and if we're talking about XOne BC vs PS4 BC on next gen consoles, the PS4 games running on PS5 have been nothing short of amazing in my experience, and look at Warzone Sony needed to do some work on the tools but now that's capable of 120fps in BC mode and it holds a stable 120fps compared to Warzone on Series X in BC mode averaging 95fps in 120fps mode.

Again you’re mixing subjectivity with objectivity; Microsoft’s treatment of 360 games, and even original Xbox titles, is better. Whether you would personally play them is neither here nor there, and you can apply that to Xbox One games that utilise FPS boost, auto HDR, smart delivery etc. 

God knows what’s happening with COD as there is no reason, technically, why it shouldn’t be able to match the PS5 version, it’s definitely an outlier and not representative of the catalogue as a whole. 

11 hours ago, gooner4life said:

First of all, chill out.

Don’t you think you’re being heavy handed here, like just a bit? Bloodborne and Last Guardian are both masterpieces IMO, but Second Son isn’t even as good as the PS3 infamous games, by some margin, it’s really disappointing. 

I know this thread is just a bit of fun, a bit silly, because we’re all grownups aren’t we :unsure:

But the idea that Days Gone or Detroit are not only better but piss on, say, Arkane’s output, is :lol:

As someone who has expressed several times that the console war shit puts me off this forum, I actually think this thread is really useful as a Venus Flytrap for twats and piss takers - or both, in my case. 

If it were all contained in this one sordid grief pit, that would be much better than the passive aggressive concern trolling and general cuntery bleeding into multiple threads, derailing discussion with the cyclical crap.

There doesn't seem to be too much appetite from the mod team or community as a whole to eradicate console war stuff, and maybe it's just an impossible task, but I appreciate @Talvalinmoving posts into this thread. I think containment is a good approach...

Spoiler

v17xN5.gif

Being a Series X owner I can't help wondering why Microsoft are so focussed on cloud gaming and streaming. Don't get me wrong, it's all very impressive and great to play Xbox Series X standard games on my phone. But this focus on being able to play Xbox Series X, any time, any place, anywhere, on any device leaves me wondering why they make a console and why I bought it.  If their cloud service is running on Xbox Series X hardware and TVs, phones etc can all play the games, what benefit is my £450 console purchase?

Sony have made a new PlayStation.  It's PlayStation 5. Well, that's one better isn't it?  It's the new PlayStation. It's one better than the old one.  

Much as I prefer Xbox at this current moment I feel that PlayStation is very clear and Microsoft is trying to do too much.  Sony would be a clear leader at the moment if you could just buy the thing.

18 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Being a Series X owner I can't help wondering why Microsoft are so focussed on cloud gaming and streaming. Don't get me wrong, it's all very impressive and great to play Xbox Series X standard games on my phone. But this focus on being able to play Xbox Series X, any time, any place, anywhere, on any device leaves me wondering why they make a console and why I bought it.  If their cloud service is running on Xbox Series X hardware and TVs, phones etc can all play the games, what benefit is my £450 console purchase?

Sony have made a new PlayStation.  It's PlayStation 5. Well, that's one better isn't it?  

Much as I prefer Xbox at this current moment I feel that PlayStation is very clear and Microsoft is trying to do too much.  Sony would be a clear leader at the moment if you could just buy the thing.

Does it matter? It’s like saying, I have a PC, what’s the point in buying an Xbox when I can just play all the games on my PC. It’s about choice. 

I should add, Sony offer streaming too through PS Now. 

37 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Again you’re mixing subjectivity with objectivity; Microsoft’s treatment of 360 games, and even original Xbox titles, is better. Whether you would personally play them is neither here nor there, and you can apply that to Xbox One games that utilise FPS boost, auto HDR, smart delivery etc. 

God knows what’s happening with COD as there is no reason, technically, why it shouldn’t be able to match the PS5 version, it’s definitely an outlier and not representative of the catalogue as a whole. 

As in most cases, PS5 runs games at a lower resolution than Series X and COD Warzone is no exception.

9 hours ago, scoobysi said:

So I could just pay £45.18 for it (or less if I’m lucky) rather than £61.44 and when the time comes use a 1p sellers fee offer and maybe pass on the cost of postage?

Well yes, of course you could get a used copy from eBay for around £45. The "sold items" price (averaged over the last 10 sold) yesterday showed that that's the going rate. 

My questioning of your original post related to your figures / example of buy Returnal new at £55.00 and then three months later sell it for £50+ on eBay, giving a £5.00 or less loss which simply isn't going to happen and even with reduced fees is way off the mark.

1 minute ago, Windowlicker said:

As in most cases, PS5 runs games at a lower resolution than Series X and COD Warzone is no exception.

Ah I see, shame it doesn’t scale dynamically to hold the frame rate, as I’d imagine anyone choosing that mode favours frame rate over everything else. 

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Ah I see, shame it doesn’t scale dynamically to hold the frame rate, as I’d imagine anyone choosing that mode favours frame rate over everything else. 

It likely relies on VRR to mask it.

• rafaqat changed the title to PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!