Next-Gen Headsets

I have had a steel series headsets in the past and just liked the look of the razer Kaira pros. I like the fact you have an xbox app on the console to customise the headset too. When you purchase from Razer you get a 2 year warranty and if you subscribe you also get £10 off. Also the side tone for me is better than my old steel series. I can't comment on the new steel series side tone but it's definitely better than there older headsets. 

Nice one hope you like them. I find them very nice to wear and don't pressure my head like others I have used. The side tone is hard to work out how to turn it on. You have to go into the app on mic settings. Click listen button so you can hear yourself and then press start( 3lines button) and exit the app. It saves the mic monitoring to the headset and works perfect. Let me know what you think to the headset and hope you enjoy them. 

7x waiting at home for me to try on my new Series X.

To save me faffing about - any tips on things I should tweak before I use them properly?

I have the DTS app paid for - there's a Profile in that for arctis 7 (no x) - safe to just use that?

On 28/10/2020 at 15:52, MattKB said:

Yep it's both.

1823644740_Screenshot2020-10-28at15_50_33.thumb.png.7ece5aa14317c508c45a2e34af2c6505.png

3 hours ago, Simmy said:

7x waiting at home for me to try on my new Series X.

To save me faffing about - any tips on things I should tweak before I use them properly?

I have the DTS app paid for - there's a Profile in that for arctis 7 (no x) - safe to just use that?

I use these settings (pictures above)

On 17/11/2020 at 08:50, rafaqat said:

I'll probably buy a non wireless set at some point to plug the mic into at some point just so I don't have to charge the headphones ever. 

Forgot I had a Sony wired headset sat in my work bag. MDR-100A.  Works great with the Voda Boom Mic thing.   Sounds amazing too.   Think I'm sorted for next gen, current gen and PC.   Wired, non charging headphones for lyfe yo

Need to source some new padding for earcups though.  the "leather" is starting to flake off.

I eventually got my 7x from Steelseries, I won't go into the palaver that was.

Regardless, i'm very impressed, the sound is excellent on Series X especially when combined with Dolby Atmos.

They're comfortable, no signal drop outs and the app is fairly easy to setup. I say fairly as there were no instructions and I foolishly thought that if I connected the headset directly by usb to my PC it would be recognised. Heads up, it wasn't, I first had to connect the dongle to the PC before it would work.

I have owned a lot of great headsets, Astro TR, Sennheiser Game Ones, Beyerdynamic MMX2 etc and i'm not saying these are better but the fact that i'm not disappointed is a pleasant surprise.

Folks, in actual game settings with something like Dolby or DTS enabled for headphones in system settings - are you selecting Headphones or Speakers as output?

And, similarly, are you selecting Stereo or Surround?

Does it matter? Is there a consensus?

Cheers!

10 minutes ago, MattKB said:

It won’t do anything with speakers, it needs to be headphones on both consoles. 

This will make it ‘surround’. It’s your surround option basically 

So in game always select headphones when I want Dolby / DTS to work correctly right?

They are. They're basically USB only, billed as surround headsets for PC but only stereo for console (which for next-gen, will be fine). I can't remember but I don't think it has anything specific on them that will natively work with the new consoles (which the X and P do), so it'll work and do volume but that's about it (it may not work with Xbox, I can't remember on the Arctis 7, may be wired to controller only). 

If you've never ever going to get an xbox, yep - 7P. To be honest I think the Arctis 7 would work and may give surround sound benefits on PC (?) but you'll get some added benefit from the 7P sidetone controls. Plus it's white which will match the PS5. 

Am I right in thinking the wired version of the 7, which I can just plug straight into my headphone amp (which, in turn, is connected via optical to the TV), will still be able to do all this fancy surround sound stuff?

EDIT:

Actually, there doesn't seem to be a wired version of the 7. I must mean the Pro. This one.

I think for the 3D audio, it needs to be connected directly to the PS5 and have audio coming out directly through that. If you're plugging it into it directly, then yes. If it's plugged into the TV (basically TV passthrough) then the PS will see it as outputting to TV, and stereo only for you.