Secretlab Chairs.

I've got a fabric Omega in grey which has been fantastic for the past year. I've used it for 8-12 hours per day during the extended lockdown we had where I live earlier in the year. I was surprised that I had absolutely no neck, shoulder, arm or back pain. I'm 165cm and it seems to really suit my build. I previously had an Omega in PU Leather, but due to the climate here and I wasn't using aircon much, it did crack where the back of my legs were in contact with the seat base. I exchanged it under warranty for the fabric version. I do use the aircon more and I also put a thin sheet over it most of the time just to stop sweat/dirt getting in the fabric. I'm still working from home full time, so it's still 8-10 hours of constant use each day.

1 hour ago, Wiper said:

Tch, what a sorry array of chairs. So uncouth. You should go for something refined and understated, like my setup!

20201015_155849_copy_1470x2194.thumb.jpg.1549578557158b08fa9a579da90e9e98.jpg

:blush:

(it's an Omega rather than a Titan, as I'm 5'7". And no, I'm not an Overwatch fan. I am, however, a fan of the colour pink)

:lol: I was on the website earlier looking at that and thinking "who in their right mind who buy this?" Nice fit for the keyboard, though.

24 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I was on the website earlier looking at that and thinking "who in their right mind who buy this?" Nice fit for the keyboard, though.

A person of great taste and character, evidently ;)

And funnily enough, the keyboard I only just updated to have keycaps fitting the colour scheme of chair, PC and speaker LEDs, so really it was the other way around.

2 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

I've been considering one of these, probably an XL for my fat arse.

But one thing I cannot find (although I've not searched that hard) is... does it have an unlocked mode? Like where the back isn't fixed at an angle but sprung and will move with you backwards and forwards? My main work office chair and my one at home (okay but not great) offer this and settings to change the tension and therefore level of springiness and I love it.

If you mean like a rocking chair, then yes you can set the tension how you like and tilt back or rock back and forth if you like.

Also you can lower the back until you are lying right back. If you have a foot rest you could have a good snooze. ^_^

• 1 month later...
On 15/10/2020 at 16:01, Wiper said:

Tch, what a sorry array of chairs. So uncouth. You should go for something refined and understated, like my setup!

20201015_155849_copy_1470x2194.thumb.jpg.1549578557158b08fa9a579da90e9e98.jpg

:blush:

(it's an Omega rather than a Titan, as I'm 5'7". And no, I'm not an Overwatch fan. I am, however, a fan of the colour pink)

Can I bump?

Im looking at the Omega as I’m 5’6.5” . My only hesitation is I sometimes do sit with one leg folded under the other if that makes sense and I’m not sure if it would work.  But even doing that my knee measure to other thigh is within the seat measurement of the chair so think I’ll be ok.

How are you getting on with the Omega? Does it feel restrictive at all on your thighs/bum from being a bit more of a bucket style?

As much as I want the D.Va one I’ll probably go plain :lol: 

13 hours ago, sprite said:

Can I bump?

Im looking at the Omega as I’m 5’6.5” . My only hesitation is I sometimes do sit with one leg folded under the other if that makes sense and I’m not sure if it would work.  But even doing that my knee measure to other thigh is within the seat measurement of the chair so think I’ll be ok.

How are you getting on with the Omega? Does it feel restrictive at all on your thighs/bum from being a bit more of a bucket style?

As much as I want the D.Va one I’ll probably go plain :lol: 

Hmm, that particular posture is hard for me to judge, as it's not a way that I sit. I've not found the the chair to be at all restrictive to me in terms of upper legs, however; MattKB's suggestion is probably a good one!

I will say that part of the benefit for me has been that the chair is more restrictive, but that's in terms of stopping me from defaulting to my traditional, absurd seating positions of e.g. being sat fully slouched, at an oblique angle, with legs propped against a wall; but that's the chair back + lumbar cushion combination which prevents me from doing that, rather than the seat/arms, and it's definitely a good thing for me posture-wise!

Also, if you do go for it you should absolutely go for the D.Va colour scheme, it's fabulous :P

6 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Your hundreds if not thousands of hours playing Overwatch demand it. 

But it’s so pink... I’ll drop food on it. :lol: 

I wish there was a dark fabric Overwatch edition, rather than the PU leather.  I assume the PU leather won’t be mega comfy in the warm summer months. 

I watched an awful lot of Youtube reviews and the consensus seemed to be for long lasting wear (and comfort in terms of heat) the fabric is the way to go. 

From working in home on a fabric Ikea chair over summer, I could only imagine how sweaty the leather one would get (and there's a warning to not sweat on them!). Best review I saw was Stu's Reviews on Youtube. He reviews the Titan and then the Titan XL (after they made some changes to the assembly). He warns you that it does a good job of not feeling like you're sitting in a cloud - it's soft but firm (if that makes sense). 

I’ve got an IKEA Markus at the moment which until this year I never had issue with, but now I’m acutely aware it doesn’t give me lumbar support.  It might be great for other people but it just doesn’t suit me in this way for extended use (ie over weeks/months, not just hours per day) especially when I slack on my core exercises.  Firm for me I hope means more support.  The Markus is also pretty firm.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

@sprite they have a Black Friday sale on now. Think I saw they had £70 off if that helps?

Just awoke to an email from them, stumbled bleary eyed to my PC and ordered the Omega :lol:  Just plain black soft weave though sorry Wiper.

Thankyou for thinking of me!

I hope it’s the right choice.  Couldn’t decide.  The Titan would be good if I wanted to sit like an idiot, but being that it’s larger I’ll struggle to actually get the back support, as I do now with the Markus.

I’m getting some money toward it from work so it’s not quite as painful.

Edit: my hesitation is that 80% of comments and reviews online are from fellas, including Secretlab’s recommendations.  We womenfolk have wider hips so it’s not all about height...

I'm hoping they are decent enough to agree to taking the difference off my order (i ordered yesterday afternoon) rather than me having to either cancel or return this chair and order one at the sale price. 

One thing that has frustrated me is that there seems to be no contact number and the contact forms don't seem to have a heading for cancelling an order

1 hour ago, Muz said:

I'm hoping they are decent enough to agree to taking the difference off my order (i ordered yesterday afternoon) rather than me having to either cancel or return this chair and order one at the sale price. 

One thing that has frustrated me is that there seems to be no contact number and the contact forms don't seem to have a heading for cancelling an order

They seem very active on Twitter - secretlabchairs 

Another vote of confidence here. I've had a Softweave fabric Omega for about 2 weeks an I'm in love with it. I was having really bad back pain from my old chair and it's all cleared up. Size wise I'm really happy with it - I'm 6ft, 90kg and I don't feel I made a mistake by not getting the bigger Titan.

On 22/11/2020 at 13:06, sprite said:

I’ve got an IKEA Markus at the moment which until this year I never had issue with, but now I’m acutely aware it doesn’t give me lumbar support.  It might be great for other people but it just doesn’t suit me in this way for extended use (ie over weeks/months, not just hours per day) especially when I slack on my core exercises.  Firm for me I hope means more support.  The Markus is also pretty firm.

I have a Markus chair too and whilst it was originally okay (not great, in truth) as an occasional-use chair, it certainly isn't good at all for everyday use.

I do find it quite uncomfortable with the lack of lumbar support and, because the back of the chair arches away from you, it's no good for sitting back in either, because it forces your lower back forwards a bit whilst you need to push your shoulders and neck really into it. The fact it doesn't tilt bugs me a bit too.

7 hours ago, sprite said:

They seem very active on Twitter - secretlabchairs 

Their customer service got in touch early afternoon to ask if they should cancel my order. I replied within 15 minutes saying I'd prefer to be refunded the difference but if that isn't possible then please cancel and I'll reorder. 

No reply for the rest of the afternoon and of course I've just had shipping confirmation stating that once items are shipped, the buyer is responsible for return costs. 

Does anyone know if i can refuse the delivery and it will get sent back to them so i don't have to endure the cost of return? 

Both me and my accountant are trying to convince my wife to let me buy one.

The Cyberpunk ones were back in stock briefly over the past week, but now no more. :(

I'm actually a big fan of the D.Va one, too. But considering I don't have any intention of playing Overwatch it seems a bit silly.

• Pug changed the title to Secretlab Chairs.