Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity - Nov 20th 2020. Demo on the eShop now!

Some fascinating speculation on who the Mystery cloaked figure could be in this video, & I’ll also throw in my 2 Cents...

If it is the case that it’s the Fortune Teller, & they were indeed a Double Agent all along, then it also might follow that they were the one who convinced King Rhoam that all Zelda should do to unlock her Sealing Powers was Pray, whilst knowing full well that that wasn’t it at all, & once everything falls apart with the defeat of the Champions they are the one who stands in Zelda’s way as she approaches Calamity Ganon, thus becoming the Final Boss of the game.

2 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

You better be able to play as a big fuckoff Maraca wielding Korok

I could see that happening under a ‘Side Missions’ Category, just as you might also get to try fighting as a member of Ganon’s Forces, As a Yiga, Or even as a Guardian.

How did / does the multiplayer work on Switch Hyrule Warriors? I know it’s local co-op only, but can it be played on separate Switches (obviously requiring two separate Switches - and potentially copies of the game, or not)? Or is it split screen on the telly if you’ve only got one Switch / copy of the game? Are both set-ups maybe even an option?

I’m thinking this could be an excellent game to co-op with my sister when I go home for Christmas. She seemed interested in the original Hyrule Warriors but not enough to actually play it. She’s more inclined towards this one because of the BotW setting, but I doubt she’d play an entire musou game on her own. I even got kinda jaded towards the end of the original Hyrule Warriors (not sure I even finished the story). Co-op over Christmas sounds brilliant fun though.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I admire the display of self-control here. You managed to type all of that and not be on your Switch?

I'm working! Also, I'm not downloading the demo. Going in to the full game dry.

So the little Guardian is 

Spoiler

a Time Traveller?  That means he’s either changing the timeline or ensuring it, & with Time Travel in the mix, all bets are off as to whether things are going the way they did before.

19 minutes ago, scottcr said:

This is going to be all about changing the timeline... the tower appears. Unless there’s a massive reset, that’s already put a spanner in the works.

It’s just a prequel dude.

Ordinarily, time travel guff would put me off. But in this context, I think it's going to allow them to put in the type of shenanigans you'd expect from a Warriors title (and has been seen in the first Hyrule Warriors) without 'spoiling' the continuity of BOTW. Probably an alternate ending to get around the doom that would befall a prequel to BOTW?

• Bojangle changed the title to Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity - Nov 20th 2020. Demo on the eShop now!