IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

13 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I wonder if @Chindie is talking about the home button? That’s the one I have trouble registering the press the most and I can’t tell if it’s not pushing in enough or or laggy software as sometimes it just takes a bit of time. 

The ones that come to mind most are the d-pad and X button. The Home button is a bit finicky.

Navigating a menu with the d-pad I can get the audible click of the button and not have a thing move. And in something like Forza I can press X to enter an event and it'll do nothing. It does seem to be the case that you just to press it further, but it's weird that you can press the button enough to hear (and feel) the button engage, but it not be enough for it to actually do anything.

It's still a great controller, just in some ways feels a bit cheap.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The ones that come to mind most are the d-pad and X button. The Home button is a bit finicky.

Navigating a menu with the d-pad I can get the audible click of the button and not have a thing move. And in something like Forza I can press X to enter an event and it'll do nothing. It does seem to be the case that you just to press it further, but it's weird that you can press the button enough to hear (and feel) the button engage, but it not be enough for it to actually do anything.

It's still a great controller, just in some ways feels a bit cheap.

Yeah agreed. I get the exact thing with Forza too now you mention it.

3 hours ago, K said:

Do you mean the Elite pad? I meant a high-end controller that had high-end build quality; the Elite pad looks nice, but from what people say on here, it seems fall apart even quicker than the standard controllers. Like, maybe a controller that used optical sensors (if that wasn't prohibitively expensive).

Well the Elite controller is a premium price and supposedly sells very well. So it has been proven, I’d say. The fact that it’s less reliable than ED-209 is by the by. Who cares if it works or not?

17 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Someone remind me the difference between Friends and Followers, please?

I think, but may be wrong, that when you add someone, you become their Follower; then when they add you back, you are both Friends.

If they renamed Follower to Stalker, it would be far clearer.

6 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I think, but may be wrong, that when you add someone, you become their Follower; then when they add you back, you are both Friends.

If they renamed Follower to Stalker, it would be far clearer.

This is correct.

8 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Used all your storage space?

No, I cleared it recently. 

A hard reset did the trick. I've also noticed it doesn't like it when other games are installing or updating. 

Day one with my Series X

It’s  a lot like a One X. A different UI would have helped alleviate that feeling but, given MS track record for Xbox UI design, it’s probably just as well they didn’t bother. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 isn’t even slightly optimised for the X, because it’s Rockstar and they’d rather wait a few years and make you rebuy an “enhanced and expanded” edition that isn’t really enhanced or expanded. Oh wait no, they won’t do that with red dead because it’s not GTA V and doesn’t make them billions in micro transactions. Despite all that, it is still an incredible, incredible looking game. The sheer detail on display - I’ve no doubt it will be looked back on as a shining example of what games can do. 

I then played Timesplitters 2, a game I adore although I haven’t played in a long time. It looks sharp, but it also looks just like I remember it, so it’s hard to judge. Christ, though, the aiming is godawful in that game. You can’t go back again. 

I downloaded Forza Horizon 5 but didn’t play it. I also downloaded State of Decay 2, which I’ve played before and is pure jank, but I’ve not played it on my X yet. 

So, overall I’d rate it £450/10, would buy to play old games again. 

The wife has surprised, nay, shocked me with a series X as a birthday present today. 😃 She's now slightly shocked herself to learn that that doesn't mean that I'll want to sell my series s to recoup some of the cost because I fancy still having that one on the small telly in one room and the series x on the big oled in another 😬

So what's the best way to set up the Series X - do I make that my 'home' xbox, or leave the home one as the Series S, or does it not make any difference - can I just use gamepass on both?  If the kids start playing on one, does that stop me playing on another? 🤔

21 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

The wife has surprised, nay, shocked me with a series X as a birthday present today. 😃 She's now slightly shocked herself to learn that that doesn't mean that I'll want to sell my series s to recoup some of the cost because I fancy still having that one on the small telly in one room and the series x on the big oled in another 😬

So what's the best way to set up the Series X - do I make that my 'home' xbox, or leave the home one as the Series S, or does it not make any difference - can I just use gamepass on both?  If the kids start playing on one, does that stop me playing on another? 🤔

Set whichever one the kids are going to play on as the home one, then they can access everything. When you're logged in to your account anywhere else you access your library anyway. I'm not sure how this works if you've set up parental controls

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm not sure how this works if you've set up parental controls

Exactly the same way, in my experience, but if they try and play something they're not allowed to play because of age restrictions or whatever, it will stop them. You can put in your own details to give them permission if it's something you're happy for them to play.

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Set whichever one the kids are going to play on as the home one, then they can access everything. When you're logged in to your account anywhere else you access your library anyway. I'm not sure how this works if you've set up parental controls

12 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Exactly the same way, in my experience, but if they try and play something they're not allowed to play because of age restrictions or whatever, it will stop them. You can put in your own details to give them permission if it's something you're happy for them to play.

Thanks - does this even extend to online play, so if i'm logged in on the X, but the S is my home system which the kids are on, they could play online Sea of Thieves with me without an additional gold sub?

1 minute ago, Sixkiller said:

Thanks - does this even extend to online play, so if i'm logged in on the X, but the S is my home system which the kids are on, they could play online Sea of Thieves with me without an additional gold sub?

Pretty sure it is, yeah. The home console should get all the benefits your account does as long as you've got Ultimate. The only thing someone piggybacking doesn't get is all the reward stuff.

8 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

I can confirm this is definitely the case - my boy and I do this all the time. He plays on our Series X which is set as my home console, and I play on the One X. We're able to play online together, and with others.

Been thinking about picking a Series S up lately to go along with my PS5 and Switch. Still got all my old physical Xbox and 360 games but obviously won’t be able to play them which sucks. However, managed to salvage my old Gamertag thinking all my digital stuff would still be on my account that I could play. Can’t find any of those games on there apart from Dark Souls though, which is weird as all fuck, as my entire history of point purchases are attached to the account, so I obviously bought quite a lot of stuff digital. Sure I had stuff like Daytona, Afterburner, Rez and loads of indie games like Fez etc.

Anyone got any idea how I access my old digital 360 purchases, or have they all conveniently been wiped off my account?

10 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Been thinking about picking a Series S up lately to go along with my PS5 and Switch. Still got all my old physical Xbox and 360 games but obviously won’t be able to play them which sucks. However, managed to salvage my old Gamertag thinking all my digital stuff would still be on my account that I could play. Can’t find any of those games on there apart from Dark Souls though, which is weird as all fuck, as my entire history of point purchases are attached to the account, so I obviously bought quite a lot of stuff digital. Sure I had stuff like Daytona, Afterburner, Rez and loads of indie games like Fez etc.

Anyone got any idea how I access my old digital 360 purchases, or have they all conveniently been wiped off my account?

I can see mine here:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/?period=AllTime&type=Digital&continuationToken=

10 minutes ago, Graham S said:

When I look at that section - Digital Purchases........it just has Dark Souls and my Gold subs. However, if I click on All Categories it lists all my Xbox points purchases, over many years, which I was obviously buying lots of digital games with. Really weird, it just looks like all my digital purchases have been totally erased from my account apart from Dark Souls. 

I’m assuming the Series S would be able to play old digital 360 stuff like Fez, Daytona, Rez etc?

2 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

When I look at that section - Digital Purchases........it just has Dark Souls and my Gold subs. However, if I click on All Categories it lists all my Xbox points purchases, over many years, which I was obviously buying lots of digital games with. Really weird, it just looks like all my digital purchases have been totally erased from my account apart from Dark Souls. 

I’m assuming the Series S would be able to play old digital 360 stuff like Fez, Daytona, Rez etc?

Some but not all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backward-compatible_games_for_Xbox_One_and_Series_X/S

Sounds like a job for MS support.

3 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Noticed Dark Souls was paid for with my card. It looks like any game I purchased with Microsoft/Xbox points doesn’t count or there’s just no record of it......which is proper rubbish. 

Ah, if that's the case my history was all paid for by card, better ask someone with an older GamerTag to check if points purchases appear on 

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/?period=AllTime&type=Digital&continuationToken=

as I lost my original Xbox gamertag at some point.

22 minutes ago, Graham S said:

Ah, if that's the case my history was all paid for by card, better ask someone with an older GamerTag to check if points purchases appear on 

as I lost my original Xbox gamertag at some point.

Appreciate you replying and helping me out mate!

Just downloaded the Xbox app and through that 17 games appear, stuff like Shadow Complex, Trials, Hydro Thunder, Jet Set Radio, Daytona. No Fez though......or Rez.......100% had them digital on 360! Weird! Still made some headway at least. All this brought on by fancying playing Banjo Nuts and Bolts and again! Lol.