Xbox Series X | S

4 hours ago, the_debaser said:

I love my ooni but making the dough is such a faff. Might try and get some decent ready made bases to save all the work. 

Check out The Northern Dough Company pizza balls. They’re frozen from Tesco/Waitrose and you just take them out 4 hours before you want to use them. 

I’m playing MLB the show and Nier at the moment, neither of which quick resume, which is really fucking annoying. Shows what a great feature it is that I miss it so much already. 

6 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I’m playing MLB the show and Nier at the moment, neither of which quick resume, which is really fucking annoying. Shows what a great feature it is that I miss it so much already. 

Automata did, you playing replicant?

57 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Have MS ever said why it works on some games and not others?

54 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Have MS ever said why it works on some games and not others?

I can guess why it doesn’t work on MLB, which also loads slower than most. 

Nier just seems poorly optimised or unfinished as fucking per these days and may improve, who knows. 

My guess is that it’s something to do with RAM use or something. Some ‘big’ games will knock each other off but then others will hang around in QR for months - PES 2021 and the Messenger being two examples. I bought SF 30th anniversary the other day and that doesn’t go anywhere either. 

16 hours ago, Pockets said:

Some ‘big’ games will knock each other off but then others will hang around in QR for months - PES 2021 and the Messenger being two examples. I bought SF 30th anniversary the other day and that doesn’t go anywhere either. 

This is quite true - I played The Medium for the first time in ages the other night and it Quick Resumed from months ago. I must have played dozens of games in between.

Yet stuff I'm actually playing on a nightly basis is still sometimes hit and miss - sometimes it resumes, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it just stays in memory, sometimes it doesn't. Such a weirdly inconsistent feature.

yeah i've been playing nier and it does resume for me but not if i've played halo (or possibly anything else) in between.

also the electric volt (lime green) controller is £48 on ebay with %20 code if anyone's interested.

17 hours ago, Pockets said:

guess is that it’s something to do with RAM use or something. Some ‘big’ games will knock each other off but then others will hang around in QR for months - PES 2021 and the Messenger being two examples. I bought SF 30th anniversary the other day and that doesn’t go anywhere either. 

It doesn’t save anything to RAM though, does it? I thought it created a snapshot of the game and saved it to the drive, so you can unplug your Xbox and when you plug it back in, it’ll still be ready to quick resume.

On 01/05/2021 at 11:27, Shimmyhill said:

Anyone got the volt pad? I want to know how yellow it is, I really want a yellow pad not a neon green one like it looks in some pics!

Super Craig's picture really shows the difference better than I can describe but it definitely looks more green in real life vs online photos.

I was hoping for more like the Joycon yellow. 

It's not really neon though, it's a strange colour. I like it but it's hard to describe it, sometimes it looks more yellow depending on light but if you really want yellow, maybe wait to see if they do the custom colours again.

IMG_0177.jpeg

Are these likely to be readily available any time soon? I’ve been after a XSX for ages. I read tales of people pissing on them, and it sounds tremendous. 
It seems they’re all there for the taking if you want to get one on the knock and never, but buying one outright, at least in the places I’m looking, seems an impossibility.  

7 hours ago, Alshie said:

Super Craig's picture really shows the difference better than I can describe but it definitely looks more green in real life vs online photos.

It's not really neon though, it's a strange colour. I like it but it's hard to describe it, sometimes it looks more yellow depending on light but if you really want yellow, maybe wait to see if they do the custom colours again.

IMG_0177.jpeg

#TennisBall

27 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

Are these likely to be readily available any time soon? I’ve been after a XSX for ages. I read tales of people pissing on them, and it sounds tremendous. 
It seems they’re all there for the taking if you want to get one on the knock and never, but buying one outright, at least in the places I’m looking, seems an impossibility.  

get on the trackers in the stock threads. AO dropped a bunch today then limited access to combat the bots. Calling them on the phone may have yielded results for some.

toooOOOooo...

7 hours ago, Alshie said:

IMG_0177.jpeg

Ah. Piss coloured. My favourite. 

Some might remember that my XSX controller just suddenly stopped working and I had to send it back to Microsoft. Nearly four weeks later, it still hasn't even arrived at the MS repair centre in bloody Germany and is currently lost in UPS' parcel system, which is driving me bloody mad.

Anyway, somewhat counterintuitively seeing as my first controller died, I'm currently contemplating whether or not to drop £160 on the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I'm not into competitive games or anything like that, but I figure that my XSX is going to be my main console for this current generation, and if you're going to fork out for a controller, it's probably better to do it at the start of the gen. Or that's what I'm telling myself, anyway. The thing is, if my original controller still worked, I wouldn't even be thinking about buying one. It's only because I'm in this position that I'm thinking about it.

Does anyone here have one? Can it truly justify one hundred and sixty pounds?!

11 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Some might remember that my XSX controller just suddenly stopped working and I had to send it back to Microsoft. Nearly four weeks later, it still hasn't even arrived at the MS repair centre in bloody Germany and is currently lost in UPS' parcel system, which is driving me bloody mad.

Anyway, somewhat counterintuitively seeing as my first controller died, I'm currently contemplating whether or not to drop £160 on the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I'm not into competitive games or anything like that, but I figure that my XSX is going to be my main console for this current generation, and if you're going to fork out for a controller, it's probably better to do it at the start of the gen. Or that's what I'm telling myself, anyway. The thing is, if my original controller still worked, I wouldn't even be thinking about buying one. It's only because I'm in this position that I'm thinking about it.

You are paying purely for the ergonomics and the additional switches etc. The internals are no better quality than the regular pad. That is what kind of put me off a bit. They are no more durable. So if you want extra sticks etc worth the premium but don't expect it to last any longer!

11 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

It’s an excellent controller, although not without some issues such as stick drift and sticky buttons. I’d still recommend it though, as it’s easily the best controller I’ve ever used. Keep your eye open for deals though. I’m sure I got mine from Very for about £100 and I got the original Elite controller bundled with a free copy of Assassins Creed Origins a few years back.

But saying that, I’d probably wait until after E3 to see if they reveal a v3.

How does sharing clips work on Xbox? Can you upload straight to YouTube? Is there a sharefactory equivalent for trimming and editing them? Or can I just stick them on a USB drive?

I use the app.  Go to My Library, Captures, tap what you want to share, then Share and you'll see this screen with a load of options. 

YouTube isn't there as a direct upload option, but if you tap 'More', it will download it to your phone, then give you more choices (YouTube being at the end)

Screenshot_20210505-203954_Xbox.thumb.jpg.a006ecfbb64ddd369b173d184cbb3df9.jpg

20 minutes ago, Broker said:

How does sharing clips work on Xbox? Can you upload straight to YouTube? Is there a sharefactory equivalent for trimming and editing them? Or can I just stick them on a USB drive?

No, it’s all shite on Xbox - you have to use the app and I don’t even get YouTube as a share option on iOS so current workflow is to save it to my phone, edit in iMovie > export another file to phone and then upload directly in the YouTube app.

Its so far behind day one PS4 ability and currently worse than day one Xbox one ability - completely baffling why it’s so poor and no noise about it!

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

It’s my favourite thing that I own. 

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

It’s good (and better than the elite 1) but unlike with the One X I’m not finding myself continually switching it between the PC and the Xbox.  The series X controller is somehow good enough. I’d probably buy another of those and put the remaining money towards a storage upgrade.

I’ve got an Elite 2, I had the original too. 

They’re noticeably better than the version 1s. Supposedly the shoulder buttons have been redesigned to negate a common point of failure. 

They’re good and have a nice heft. I actually like very light controllers too but there is a premium feel you get with the elites. 

I don’t use any of the paddle stuff or other additions so it’s kind of pointless for me but I just wanted the ‘best’ controller. I like that it has a built in battery and it last ages. If you’ll use the other bits then maybe it’s more worthwhile but it’s very much a luxury item. 

At £160, I’d probably say don’t bother. If you can get a deal then I guess maybe if you think you’ll like it. 

As with anything, if you can afford it and want it, just buy it. Life’s too short. 

I might consider selling mine actually after all that. 

8 hours ago, jimmbob said:

Like anything electronic, not impossible but demand massively outstripping supply. I wouldn't expect it to change massively this year. 

6 hours ago, Jamie John said:

It's a nice controller but if you're not going to make use of the back paddles, probably not worth the price. The battery life is immense though and I like the hair lock triggers. I got one because I had lots of argos vouchers from a survey site, however mine is currently in Germany for what is now the second time and my third elite s2 which I've had issues with the bumpers (and face buttons jamming on my original one which I returned to the shop), so build quality still seems to be an ongoing issue which carried over from the series 1 version.

I got the Elite 1 for free and loved it while I was still on my One X. Didn't use the paddles but it was just such a nice controller. For what it's worth at the moment I use my Series controller on the Series X, I prefer it to the Elite v1 purely because it's more ergonomical - and the improved buttons and especially dpad are a welcome bonus on top of that. If the Elite v2 is more like the One controller, then I would wait until they announce a v3 which will presumably be based on the superior design of the Series controller. But hey ho that's just me.

The Elite controller is all over the place in terms of build quality. We've had 2 V1 Elites and both have broken in some way. You don't spend £100+ for them to bust quicker than a standard pad. The fact V2 seems to have the exact same problems means I'll never touch one. Fuck that shit.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S