Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

BitterToad

4 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Some Spider-Man Remastered footage. I found this to be literally jaw dropping. The Ray-traced reflections in the building are just bonkers! 

Wow that’s pretty cool, I think the pennies just dropped for me on how ray tracing changes things (having not paid too much attention up to now). Suddenly everything looks more alive and natural due to the movement in the reflections.

So what are people leaning towards in the Fidelity options? I started with the 30FPS ray traced glitter ball setting but after switching to the silky smooth 60FPS setting I think I prefer that. For a game that moves so fast in traversal and combat it feels like the best option.

Yep, as nice as the RT is (and it's great that it activates in photo mode automatically), at 30fps it's fucking rubbish compared to the 60fps in performance mode.  

Thing is, even without RT, this game is "proper" next-gen for visuals - it has repeatedly blown me away. Hell of a game so far.

Yeah, having RT and whatever the other shinies are turned on when you take time to stop and stare (like photo mode) is absolutely the way to go. But when 90% of the game is breakneck speed and appreciation of the animation then performance 60 FPS is the real next gen feel.

I may have missed it on the original but the air tricks while swinging were never this easy or detailed before were they?

More fuel for the fire - which of this two shots are Performance/Fidelity modes?

fidel.thumb.jpg.ecb43e9913e934f1ce9f02ad9b04e698.jpg

perf.thumb.jpg.ae3517adba4fa07644aa99293d6bac18.jpg

Click them for better quality (fuck knows why this forum is compressing the shit out of these images when viewed normally in the thread. 

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

More fuel for the fire - which of this two shots are Performance/Fidelity modes?

fidel.thumb.jpg.ecb43e9913e934f1ce9f02ad9b04e698.jpg

perf.thumb.jpg.ae3517adba4fa07644aa99293d6bac18.jpg

Click them for better quality (fuck knows why this forum is compressing the shit out of these images when viewed normally in the thread. 

Is the bottom one the performance mode, cos the fire is reflected in the puddle? 

Just now, jon_cybernet said:

Is the bottom one the performance mode, cos the fire is reflected in the puddle? 

The bottom one is indeed Performance mode, but are you perhaps mixing up the two modes? Fidelity has Ray tracing and (supposedly) accurate reflections, performance mode doesn't but runs at 60fps.

To my eyes the bottom shot looks better, but the bottom shot was taken from the mode running at 60fps. 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

The bottom one is indeed Performance mode, but are you perhaps mixing up the two modes? Fidelity has Ray tracing and (supposedly) accurate reflections, performance mode doesn't but runs at 60fps.

To my eyes the bottom shot looks better, but the bottom shot was taken from the mode running at 60fps. 

You’re right! I mixed them up. 

You can tell the top one is fidelity because of the reflections in the window but I think that's a good example of why I'll be using performance mode when I do get MM. Apart from when I just want to wander around and admire the graphics in fidelity mode.

6 minutes ago, Sng said:

You can tell the top one is fidelity because of the reflections in the window

Wow, the fire truck? Good spot. See, I actually hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. And that's the thing, if I'm not noticing it, why should I have it literally halving the performance? 

What a weird reflection.  In the top picture the windows on the building seem to be reflecting the world which makes sense for a ray traced setting.  But the 'window on fire' missing in the wet road reflection is odd, and for it to be replaced with a reflection of the fire truck?  That's just plain wrong, from the position of Spidey/the camera, the fire truck shouldn't be in those reflections?!  The second performance image seems to have the wet road reflection *more accurate* 

:sherlock: