Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Not planning on upgrading to a PS5 until next year, but wondering whether to wait for this until then too (and maybe Cyberpunk too)

Feel like while there’s an overlap between generations, there won’t be too much difference in experience between playing on a Pro Vs PS5 bar slicker visuals and quicker load times, or is that an over-simplification?

This does look lovely all the same. Spider-Man is such a joy to play that even more of the same will be a treat.

22 minutes ago, Thor said:

Stopped watching at "Marvel's Miles ... whatever it's called"

Fucking seriously?

They’re not judging it on the name. It’s a decent analysis and the game looks great. Give it a watch.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

That's something hopefully the next next gen can fix.

Nah, next next gen is 8k, so we'll have the better shinies, and higher res ... all popping in at a certain distance.

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

Nah, next next gen is 8k, so we'll have the better shinies, and higher res ... all popping in at a certain distance.

It's depressing, but you're right.

Still, subtly back on topic: this will be the first game I'll check out on my PS5 if all goes well. I'm a total Marvel nerd and I loved the first game :wub:

After I've satisfied my swinging cravings, Demons's Soul's is next - I can't concentrate on a souls game knowing there's Spidey to be had :)

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

I noticed they failed mention that pop in still exists.

They've previously mentioned that while a lot of people have assumed that a super speedy SSD = no pop in, it's not going anywhere soon, as it's also dependent on memory and GPU constraints.

27 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

They've previously mentioned that while a lot of people have assumed that a super speedy SSD = no pop in, it's not going anywhere soon, as it's also dependent on memory and GPU constraints.

And the fact that it's cross-gen. 

14 hours ago, Steven said:

Spiderman hitting people for twelve minutes.

I've skipped through this video and noticed at 11:39 there are no reflections of the characters in a giant puddle on the ground which looks weird. Is this PS4 footage even though it states PS5? Or is raytracing only used on glass and not water?

2 hours ago, AI said:

I've skipped through this video and noticed at 11:39 there are no reflections of the characters in a giant puddle on the ground which looks weird. Is this PS4 footage even though it states PS5? Or is raytracing only used on glass and not water?

It's PS4 footage. The person that uploaded it seems to be modding the PS4 version somehow:

So if I plan to play this on the PS5 and will be purchasing the disc version, am I right in thinking I can get a PS4 copy and it will download (for free) a PS5 update once the disc is in the new console?

As the PS4 version is cheaper, can't see any benefit (other than less hard drive space used) for getting a PS5 copy.

Or am I mistaken?

29 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

So if I plan to play this on the PS5 and will be purchasing the disc version, am I right in thinking I can get a PS4 copy and it will download (for free) a PS5 update once the disc is in the new console? Yes

As the PS4 version is cheaper, can't see any benefit (other than less hard drive space used) for getting a PS5 copy.

Or am I mistaken? They're the same price. 

12 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

Still think it’s absolute arse that you don’t get PS4 Spider-Man updated to the Remastered version.

Do we know hoe long the gameplay is for MM? If it's just a few hours then it's a poor show from Sony.