rllmuk
Lorfarius

Epic and GTA V offer

Jumped on this when I saw it as a freebie, only ever had the 360 one so was looking forward to playing it again. Download was around 85GB :o but when I went to load the app it says I need a Rockstar Social Club account. Been trying since early this morning to get that to work, registered on several email accounts but it won't send the verification email to any. Don't want to play online just the single player game but it won't let me past this point. Been waiting close to 3 hours since I re-sent the verification from the app and website. Anyone else been able to load it?

Usual Rockstar bullshit with not being ablke to handle the traffic.  Happened on launch of xbox 360 and new Gen too.  Give it a day.

• Upvote 1

Mine keeps telling me I need 2FA activated before I can get the game, and I already do, and then nothing happens. Useless.

Beyond GTAV, there's a pretty decent sale at the moment and you get a free £10 voucher if you spend about £14. The voucher renews, too - you get a new one everyone you spend at least £13.99. This means you can get both Control and AC Odyssey for £21.48, or £13.99 and £6.49 separately. There's lots more on sale but quite a few are on Game Pass already.

• Upvote 2

Still nothing on any of the 4 email accounts I've tried :lol: Left my PC on all night to download it and was hoping to waste an entire day playing.. guess I'll have to go watch some Star Trek Voyager instead :(

I added this to my Epic library and I've no idea why. I already have it on Steam. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

I added this to my Epic library and I've no idea why. I already have it on Steam. :rolleyes:

I already finished it on PS4 iirc and I have no intention of ever playing it again, but what the hell. My Epic library is HUGE and I haven't spent a single penny yet :lol:

I've added it to my library, but it's taking an age to fucking download. I quite fancy playing this in 60fps.

I finally got the verification! But my C drive wasn't big enough to hold the game so I sat it on another drive. The Rockstar Launcher couldn't find it no matter what I did, followed several Youtube vids which suggested deleting all traces of the launcher then renaming the GTAV folder, then to reinstall the launcher in there. Did all that and the launcher still can't find it, trying to open it from Epic and it says it needs to repair the game.. so another 90GB download :angry:

Have changed everything back to how it was and its trying to do a full download again. I give up.

The download is cosntantky stopping. It's not my connection, it's either epic being shit or Rockstar being shit. 

Also, does the hamburger menu in the epic launcher now do fuck all for everyone, or jyst me? 

Bought it twice (on PS3 and PC) and never finished it, didn't even get that far into the story. Clearly I should just stop buying games and wait a decade so I can get them free - and still probably not play them.

I would guess this is pretty easy for Rockstar to justify, so many people must have bought the game already, or double dipped even, and tons of the people getting it free now will end up spunking tons of cash on the online component anyway, presumably.

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

The download is cosntantky stopping. It's not my connection, it's either epic being shit or Rockstar being shit. 

Also, does the hamburger menu in the epic launcher now do fuck all for everyone, or jyst me? 

It's Epic.

image.png.93ee6a14c7ed52b6c2a954d52f7f98d2.png

Give it a couple of months. Just be patient!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Still nothing on any of the 4 email accounts I've tried :lol: Left my PC on all night to download it and was hoping to waste an entire day playing.. guess I'll have to go watch some Star Trek Voyager instead :(

I think I would choose this instead by default anyway.

6 hours ago, monkeydog said:

I never got that far with it when I bought it at launch on 360, and I'm unlikely to play it now, but I'm glad I added it. It counts as a purchase in the Epic store sale, so I immediately got a ten quid voucher to use.

Control was already down to £24, voucher knocked it to £14, and because I used to subscribe back before UE4 was free, I was given store credit that's sat there for about 4 years because I forgot about it (and thought it could only be used on the unreal marketplace, not games).

TL;DR I got Control free, because GTA V was free :)

• Upvote 4

At 14 quid I'm very tempted by Control but I'm afraid that the moment I buy it, it will be announced for Game Pass:(

• Empathy 1

Also worth noting that this time the £10 voucher works on DLC too. You can get the Metro Exodus season pass for £5, Control's season pass for £10 etc. 

• Upvote 1

It's currently impossible to get into GTA V online on PC so good luck with that.

• Upvote 1

Why is everyone going nuts over this? Who the hell hasn't got or played this game to death yet?

2 minutes ago, NinjaSeb said:

Why is everyone going nuts over this? Who the hell hasn't got or played this game to death yet?

I was wondering this myself, although I guess the vast majority of folk have it on consoles, so keen to see how it fares on PCs? I know that's part of the reason I picked it up a year or two ago cheap. 

Anyone know how to fix the black bars appearing on the fucking sides during cut scenes? It's squishing the image to 16:10 for cut scenes. WTF! 

Edit: It doesn't squish the screen, it just crops it. Fucking fuck knows why. It also drops the framerate to what I assume is 30fps for cut scenes. A cursroy google isn't showing any proper fixes... Glad this was free!! 

edit 2: Running windowed borderless fixes the black bars. But the cut scenes still look atrocious because of the lowered framerate. Looks like this is inherent in the game, and given how heavy this game is on cut scenes, I don't think I'll bother. Which is a shame, because outside of cut scenes at 4k60 it's bloody good. 

Completely forgot about the cut-scene issue. Far as I'm aware there's no fix for it at all :( 

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Completely forgot about the cut-scene issue. Far as I'm aware there's no fix for it at all :( 

For this game there is a compromise. Turn off G-sync, and turn on v-sync in game. Cut scenes run fine. However, that appears to only work with Full screen mode for me, whicheans the silly black bars on the side are back. I can put up with them, but there has to be a tweak to the G-sync setting I can make to get that working properly with this game. 

Just now, Thor said:

For this game there is a compromise. Turn off G-sync, and turn on v-sync in game. Cut scenes run fine. However, that appears to only work with Full screen mode for me, whicheans the silly black bars on the side are back. I can put up with them, but there has to be a tweak to the G-sync setting I can make to get that working properly with this game. 

I’ll give it a whirl one day. However, I’ve not got the will power to download the thing again just yet!

2 hours ago, Flub said:

Damn! What kind of PC would be required for this?

I seem to have fixed the cut scenes stuttering with G-sync on, or it seems to have fixed itself. I'm not sure. 

Edit. Worked it out. G-sync and this game do not play nice at 4k60. I dropped to 1440p and 120hz refresh rate with G-sync on. Smoeth as silk. However, that only works in full screen mode, which means the silly borders. 

I fixed the black bars. What a joke this is. Because my TV supports 4096 x 2160, which is 16:10, GTA V assumes all cut scenes should be shown at 16:10, irrespective of my TV's actual aspect ratio of 16:9. The fix? Use a Custom Resolution Utility to delete all the 4096 resolution options so that my PC's max supported res is 3840 x 2160, which is its native res. 

No more black bars. :D

But seriously, why the fucking fuck should anyone have to do that? That's just piss poor PC support from Rockstar. What a shit show. Worse still, I just had to disconnect from the internet to force the game into offline mode, the online is fucked, I'm assuming because America just woke up. 

To be fair it's a 5 year old game on the PC and it has been given away for free?

No complains here. Although never really enjoyed actually playing any of the GTA games their worlds are fun to mess about in 

Yesterday it kept crashing and today I keep getting a 1000.186 error when I try to log into the R* Social Club. That's after fucking about with recaptcha. 

I have it for PS4, but like many grabbed it because, well... free.

But seeing the woes many are having online playing it, it — like so much else of my Epic Games library — can sit there for a week or so before I give it a try. Maybe it’ll work then.

• Upvote 1