rllmuk
ryodi

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 - remake? remaster? revival? reboot? revert?

Hopefully it’s better than their last effort. This has to be the last franchise Activision have that they can remaster and actually make money from.

EDIT: Changed title for Nick R's much more creative version.

• Upvote 3

Developed by Vicarious Visions, who did the handheld GBA/DS versions of the previous THPS games.

Here's a trailer! Turns out they are calling it a remaster!

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Merged!

For posterity, I would just like to say that I was quite proud of my "remake? remaster? revival? reboot? revert?" thread title. 8-) - EDIT: Thank you for adopting it @ryodi!

And yes, please be better than last gen’s HD thing and its slapstick physics. ;) 

• Upvote 2

I can't fucking stand Activision, but I'll be day one for this provided the physics are right. 

I was going to moan "just 1 and 2 so no revert". Then the first thing you see in the trailer is a revert lol. I'm in and hoping for THPS3 maps as dlc.

• Upvote 1

HYPE.

:omg:

So many hours spent in the warehouse during late night uni gaming sessions. Massive grin when I read the news it’s being dusted off and brought back.

6 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Tony Hawk seems like a really good dude.

I didn't own a PlayStation so the Tony Hawk game I put the most time into the THPS2 on the GBA. Sk8land on the DS was great was well. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Tony Hawk seems like a really good dude.

He really does. His Instagram is full of wholesome shit/his madcap insane skateboarding hijinks.his tribute to his mum when she died was lovely.

• Upvote 1

At 0:50 in this IGN video they say that though the art assets are new, Vicarious Visions had access to Neversoft's original code for handling the skaters. So the aim has been for muscle memory from the originals to work in this too. :wub:

• Upvote 2

The demo of the first game was probably the most played thing on the Playstation for me. So yeah, up for this. 

I also really want that LE, it is just before my Birthday too. 

I’m guessing this has nothing in common with the abomination that was THPS HD? Seems like with Crash and Spyro they’ve learnt that you need to remake the feeling exactly and can’t just try to replicate it roughly.

Wonder if they’ll do a THPS 2X by adding in extra levels. Wish we’d got that version on the pal Xbox.

• Upvote 1

YESSSSSSSSSS!  Best gaming news so far during the lockdown.  God I loved these games.  

Looks like you can finish both games in 13 min 12 secs:

So this is a remake of Tony Hawks 1 & 2. Are we clear what kind of a remake? 

Eg. Will THPS5 Tony Hawk show up partway with all his bugs and trash the game physics? :coffee:

(Day one)

Funny how things come back round. Rumours of EA bringing Skate back and that other one that's on Steam at the mo ( each stick is mapped to each foot ?!? ) I think we are all ready for more Tony Hawk's tho, count me in

1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

No Switch edition though :(

No Switch edition yet

Right, Activision? Switch will get the Deluxe Version with the THPS3 Maps included...