rllmuk
djbhammer

PGA Tour 2K21

I'm a massive fan of the HB Studios Golf Club series so I'll be all over this!

Really chuffed for HB Studios as been buying the golf club series since the first game when it was an unknown quantity and it's great to see it's finally built up a solid reputation with its simulation golf and extensive course-building options which are unreal.  Hopefully that remains intact!  Plus the fact Bubba Watson has been streaming playing TGC 2019 recently has certainly raised it's profile.

• Upvote 6

Wonder if course creator will still feature? Golf Club 2019 has clunky menus and a lack of polish but in-game it looks great. I wasn't a fan of some of the made-up courses so be good to see what they do with a full licence and if they have the Masters too.

I think the course creator has to remain as that's the game's main strength.  Every time I play I am on a different course, plus user designed courses are playable across all formats regardless of which format it was made on.  There is now a huge community following via TGC Tours (worth checking out if you are not aware of it's existence - https://www.tgctours.com/ ) and they have designer competitions.  Plus designers can import their courses over from the previous games so that guarantees thousands of courses from day 1, assuming this will take the same approach.  Like you say, some are not great but most courses I play taken from the TGC Tour website are normally very well designed.

I've lost all and absolute faith in HB as a company but I'll still buy this because I'm a sucker for videogame golf.

1 hour ago, Dark Soldier said:

I've lost all and absolute faith in HB as a company but I'll still buy this because I'm a sucker for videogame golf.

What happened? I haven't bought a Golf Club games since the first one but I'm interested in this.

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

What happened? I haven't bought a Golf Club games since the first one but I'm interested in this.

I bought 2019 for my PC, worked fine. Stopped working after recent updates, crashes on start up, tried everything. I see myself as PC savvy so rolled back drivers, windows builds,  tried to change DX dlls, command prompts etc.

I posted in their forum bug/help section. Not even a reply a month later, despite them having their dev members online every day. Never got a response.

£25 wasted esentially, and I love those games as you're aware. Horrendous customer service. For members tried to help but appears its a Unity error. Every other game works fine.

Sounds interesting, but I'd be surprised if it had Augusta in it. AFAIK the only time it officially appeared was in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 The Masters. It will be interesting how many real life courses it has, from the video it's got TPC Sawgrass, but I think a lot of the courses have to be individually licensed, I remember St Andrews wasn't in one of the Tiger Woods games because they didn't renew the license that year.

EDIT: It looks like Augusta was in The Golf Club (never played it), so maybe it will make a return!

I always thought it was a shame that EA obviously did a lot of mapping of courses and just seemed to drop all that data. I've started replaying Tiger Woods 12 on the Wii and despite having some awful bugs, it's still a good game - as long as you play it with the nunchuck attached. It also seems to go for a fairly decent amount of money now, maybe because you didn't have to pay for all the extra courses. The Switch really needs a decent golf game, Neo Turf Masters is great, but it's like over 20 years old! 

@Dark Soldier that’s a bit crap, you’d have thought they’d be good at supporting their users based on the fact that a lot of their success is down to community content.

This August: Golf Got Game. Get your victory dance ready, because 2K has officially announced that PGA TOUR® 2K21 will hit shelves on Friday, August 21, 2020 for the PlayStation®4 system, the Xbox One family of devices, including the Xbox One X and Windows PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch™ system*and Stadia.

Developed by HB Studios, the crew behind The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR 2K21 will serve up real pros and real courses including 15 licensed PGA TOUR courses, each scanned using cutting-edge tech to bring all your fave fairways, greens, bunkers, trees, lakes and ponds to life. Even better? You’ll get to dream it, build it, play it as you create your own tricked-out courses with thousands of custom options in the Course Designer.

In PGA TOUR 2K21, to be the best, you have to beat the best. The game features cover athlete Justin Thomas, plus 11 other PGA TOUR pros, who are ready to stand between you and golfing glory in PGA TOUR Career Mode as you compete to become a FedExCup Champion. You can also swing with swag as you create and personalize your very own MyPLAYERs with equipment and apparel from licensed brands including adidas, Polo, Malbon Golf, Callaway Golf, Bridgestone Golf, TaylorMade Golf and more.

Looking for Play-By-Play that slays? PGA TOUR 2K21 features a killer broadcast-style presentation with state-of-the-art graphics, dynamic cutscenes, a seamless replay system, and renowned broadcaster Luke Elvy and analyst Rich Beem keeping it real as they call your shots.

Whether you’re a total newbie or a tried-and-true master, PGA TOUR 2K21 is ready for you. Rookies can master the million-dollar swing with real-time tutorials, tips and shot suggestions, while veterans dominate the dance floor with Pro Vision, Distance Control, Putt Preview, and more.

Hit the clubhouse without leaving the house as you take to the links with your crew in local and online matches, including Alt-Shot, Stroke Play, Skins and 4-Player Scramble. Wanna go deeper? Run the clubhouse like a boss with Online Societies and invite your squad to play by your rules in full seasons and tournaments with entry rules, requirements, handicap, and event settings that you control.

Pre-order now so you can look your best as you beat the best. Through a partnership between 2K and adidas, players who pre-order PGA TOUR 2K21 will receive the 2K/adidas CODECHAOS MyPLAYER Pack featuring adidas CODECHAOS BOA® golf shoes and custom 2K/adidas gear, including a sport performance polo, Ultimate365 pants and tour hat, designed by adidas Golf exclusively for PGA TOUR 2K21. Players who purchase the PGA TOUR 2K21 Digital Deluxe Edition will receive the 2K/adidas CODECHAOS MyPLAYER Pack, as well as the “Golden Touch” pack featuring a gold putter and driver, and a 2300 VC pack, which can be used to unlock in-game cosmetic items**.

* available in digital format for Nintendo Switch™ system at launch.

**Cosmetic items can also be unlocked by achieving in-game objectives. No additional purchase necessary.

BD7D8212-8B15-49B5-BBAE-1BEE19E39300.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Polygon has identified some of the courses, based on what can be seen in the trailer:

East Lake Golf Club (PGA Tour Championship)

Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club (Valspar Championship)

Riviera Country Club (Genesis Invitational)

TPC Deere Run (John Deere Classic)

TPC Louisiana (Zurich Classic)

TPC San Antonio (Valero Texas Open)

TPC Sawgrass (The Players Championship)

TPC Scottsdale (Waste Management Phoenix Open)

TPC Twin Cities (3M Open)

After years of Tiger Woods games feel like Sawgrass is imprinted on my brain. Even if I get to be old enough to be dribbling in my soup and struggling to remember my own name I’d still be able to line-up for perfectly eagle on the par 5 16th.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, glb said:

Polygon has identified some of the courses, based on what can be seen in the trailer:

East Lake Golf Club (PGA Tour Championship)

Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club (Valspar Championship)

Riviera Country Club (Genesis Invitational)

TPC Deere Run (John Deere Classic)

TPC Louisiana (Zurich Classic)

TPC San Antonio (Valero Texas Open)

TPC Sawgrass (The Players Championship)

TPC Scottsdale (Waste Management Phoenix Open)

TPC Twin Cities (3M Open)

After years of Tiger Woods games feel like Sawgrass is imprinted on my brain. Even if I get to be old enough to be dribbling in my soup and struggling to remember my own name I’d still be able to line-up for perfectly eagle on the par 5 16th.

Sawgrass was in the first Megadrive PGA Tour games so very much ingrained in my golf game history especially the island 17th.

• Upvote 4

God I remember that so well. Played it to death, so so good. :)

I may give this a go, the stadia version could look pretty but worry about latency in something so critical as timing hitting the ball.

PGA tour golf Sawgrass holds a special place in my affection - I had the game on a big 5" floppy disc and just started working at a branch of Abbey National as a mortgage advisor in 1990 - I had my own office and a big PC to give client quotes and fill in forms on, I worked out that if I put a DOS boot disc in when starting the machine I could get to the command line then load up PGA tour golf instead of the banks mortgage advice software. Happy times.

• Upvote 6

Love how dead and lifeless everything looks. Reminds me of playing Microsoft Golf on our old 486.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't it just, what's that all about?!

Still buy it mind.